Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: AmigaOS4.1 [On a SAM] and WarpOS apps
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Dwyloc
I think that Wipeout is "supposed" to be crashy, so that is not surprise. Can't comment on Night long.

But I am surprised that the 68k version of Payback crashes. I assume you are using software 3D rendering? (I don't think it supports hardware 3d rendering.) Are you using the latest update of Payback? (i.e. Update 7)

P.S. I assume you have the latest WarpUp wrapper? I had forgotten that I'd installed this, maybe help with some games.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Wipeout2097 works perfectly on PegasosII with AOS4.1.
On Sam440ep, it starts but crashes almost immediatly during a race.

Payback-68k and Payback-WOS works here fine with Sam440ep & AmigaOS4.1. (The Joypad-Problems you have, are most like related to Sam's USB drivers. On my Peg2 AmigaInput works far better with my Joypad than on Sam). Oh, and I can't remeber if i installed ever eny patch for Payback

Shogo doesn't work at all on PegasosII&AOS4.1 and Sam440ep&AOS4.1

Couldn't test Heretic -- I cannot find my CD A anymore |-(

GLQuakeWOS doesn't work with Peg2/Sam
GLQuakeAOS4 works (but not with AddOns like 'Malice').
QuakeAOS4 (and QuakeWOS, I think) works fine.

Earth2010 works fine on both systems.

Foundation works (but the settings window doen't show the "use" or "save" button and therefore, settings cannot be changed).

(which games did I miss now?)

greetings,
nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH
Yes I am using the latest update for payback but it still and the software 3d mode its just not stable under OS4.1 for me but as I said I don't think any classic software is.

I also have problems with Photogenics2, Photogenics4.0 and ImageFX4.5 crashing out on me but in the case of ImageFX4.5 that maybe an install issue as the installer dose not work under OS4 and no one on the mailing list seems to remember how to install it correctly manually.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

Thanks for resuming the situation

Hope AOS4.1 will be updated soon...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nexus

You can work round the foundation gui issue under OS4.X by changing the theme temporarily to the default settings which make the title bars on windows smaller so all the gadgets fit.

I pay payback using the keyboard rather than with a joypad as I hate joypads and wont play anything that requires you to use one. Maybe thats the difference between our 2 setups.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Dwyloc

How exatcly?

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Dwyloc
One other thing, i am using a "FAKENATIVE" screenmode for Payback 68k.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Dwyloc
I found that I *NEEDED* to plugin a joystick (exactly as I described) to be able to use the *keyboard* with Payback!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I don't have a usb joystick or pad to connect so i cant test too see if your work around works at the moment and I am spending my toys budget for the next 2 months on the arm addon board for my minimig system too add hard drive emulation.

But after I have had my holiday I will maybe be able too buy a joypad and see if that helps (I am just planning to take my boat out for 2 weeks on loch lomond) but it still feels expensive when you are not being paid and have not had a pay check for 3 months. I should not complain as I still have a boat and can cycle to it from my parents were i am saying just now.

If someone writes a catweasel joystick driver before then I will test with a real Amiga joystick, but I just do not have the free cash at the moment to buy things I dont need.

I can post a crash log for rtgmaster if anyone is interested in tying to fix it, but I am more interested in playing old amiga games on my minimig at the moment than in my sam440 as long as tunenet keeps working on my sam440 so I can listen too my music while I play games, I know I could find a cheaper music player but I have come to really like tunenet under os4.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Bump

Tryed WipeOut 2097 with AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1 but it seems the same story :-/

I can only play the game for a few minutes before it hangs (freeze my machine) during the race

Regarding WipeOut 2097 AmigaGuide doc say:

- Disable MipMapping and the intro

I do that but it's the same, my machine is:

Sam440ep Flex 800
Radeon 9250
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1
WarpOS wrapper 16.41 (built-in in AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1)

Any tips ?

@Joerg

Can you look at it ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Here, on my Sam440ep, Wipeout2097 works now MUCH better
with AOS4.1Update1 and its new WarpOSEmu, than ever
before. Actually, it works perfectly, as long as u manage to reach
the next checkpoint intime

There's a system freeze as soon as u lose and your ship explodes.
Seems to be a more drastic way of punishing bad players

Before update1, i barly could play longer then a few seconds.
So, Wipeout works better now. U just are not allowed to lose
Would be nice, if Joerg could fix this in a next release

regards,
nexus

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nexus
As far as i see:
Quote:

10/0.RAM Disk:> version full libs:powerpc.library
powerpc.library 16.41 (03/15/2009)

The same version are on os4depot too. So, i think that all the "progress" it's only system update related, because looks like warpemu are the same as before (i can be wrong, but all looks like that).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yeah, library is the same ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Better working with WarpOS apps could certainly be due to other OS components (such as Warp3D), since according to the WarpOS Emu docs:
Quote:
The powerpc.library functions are reimplemented using AmigaOS4 functions, it's not a WarpOS emulator, i.e. it doesn't emulate the WarpOS kernel with an own task scheduler, mirror tasks, etc., nor the lowlevel hardware drivers (warp[HW].library).

With a few exceptions like NULL pointer accesses only system conforming software can be used. Other bugs which might have been harmless on AmigaOS 3.x will make broken WarpOS software crash on AmigaOS4 the same way as broken m68k and AmigaOS4 software crashes. Unfortunately there is a lot of broken WarpOS software, especially the scene demos. For applications the proportion of broken WarpOS software is about the same as for m68k software.

WarpOS software using Warp3D doesn't use Warp3D.library but needs a Warp3DPPC.library instead. A Warp3DPPC.library which simply maps the Warp3DPPC.library functions to the AmigaOS4 Warp3D.library is included, but since it doesn't add features not included in the AmigaOS4 version of Warp3D, nor includes workarounds for bugs in WarpOS Warp3D software, a lot of old WarpOS Warp3D software doesn't work correctly on AmigaOS4, especially on the Radeon gfx cards which weren't supported by the AmigaOS 3.x version of Warp3D yet.

Most games support software 3D as well which usually works, and at least on the AmigaOne that's fast enough since the games were written for the much slower CyberStormPPC/BlizzardPPC systems and only needed hardware 3D to be usable on these slow systems.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)