Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Transfering from 680x0 to PPC
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi. Finally I got myself a PPC-hardware that supports OS4.1 (its a PEG2) and now I have been running OS4.1 for one week, and I am very happy with it.

Before I got this hardware I used mainly OS3.9 with my 68060/PPC Amiga. With that computer I had a 20 gb harddrive filled with nice stuff. Now for my question.

The harddrive that I used with my classic Amiga had SFS/0 680x0 and was quite fast. I have tried to connect it to my OS4.1 installation, cause I want to transfer lots of things to my new system. However OS4.1 doesnt seem to recognize the harddrive. In media toolbox the harddrive appears as uninitizalized (and I do not want to install the harddrive as it probably would destroy 20 years of Amiga-stuff)..

How can I get OS4.1 to recognize the drive?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Alkaron on 2009/5/16 9:24:25
Go to top
Re: Transfering from 680x0 to PPC
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Alkaron

It should work out of the box. Uninitialized is not good. Check with the old hardware if it's still recognized. Perhaps you damaged it during the transport.

How (and where) did you connect it to the PEG ? How (and where) was it connected to the Amiga ?

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top
Re: Transfering from 680x0 to PPC
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thomas

Now I have tried the harddrive with my A1200 again, and it was spotted immiately. So its no malfunction with the harddrive. However I have an older harddrive with FFS with some of the stuff I want to transfer, and it was found at once (with OS4.1)..

Strange..

Go to top

Register To Post