Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Amiga OS 4.1 dealers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Bump

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Does anyone knows if this is sufficient performance/ram-wise?

0x1002 0x4966 Radeon RV250
64MB Radeon 9000pro
(Edit: as per "dry" specs it' ok, but..)

TIA,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

bump

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

Added Hast Enterprises

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
@orgin

Added Hast Enterprises

Arrgh -- just as I had given up seeing them mentioned again and ordered from AmigaKit instead. Sorry, Ronnie, I'll have to get some business your way next time instead.

To anyone else in or near Sweden: I was very well treated when I bought OS 4.0 Classic from Hast last year; he even set up a PayPal account when some of us asked for that option. And delivery was swift and problem-free. Recommended.

(Not that I am any less satisfied with AmigaKit, of course, but I like to see serious newcomers given a chance too.)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Thanks for the order- much appreciated

New resellers popping up in the Amiga market when there is a new major release is good for the Community but please remember that we are here all year round, serving and providing Amiga support full time. This includes when times are hard and there are no new releases of products.

The revenue from every sale gets reinvested into our Amiga business which in turn goes to pay Amiga suppliers (such as Hyperion/Individual etc) which in turn leads to additional development that we either fund directly or indirectly. The Amiga economic circle of life

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Orgin

Good to see some scandinavian resellers too
And the price ain't so bad either in my mind.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:

amigakit wrote:
@nbache
New resellers popping up in the Amiga market when there is a new major release is good for the Community but please remember that we are here all year round, serving and providing Amiga support full time. This includes when times are hard and there are no new releases of products.

Sure, and that is also much appreciated, an appreciation I have been backing up with other orders previously.

But I'm not beyond dreaming about the return of an Amiga market with more widespread dealers which can e.g. work together with their local customers to arrange user group events, shows, demos etc. like we often saw in the past (btw, I am aware that you take part in that work in your country, and even participate in the larger events abroad as well, which is also much appreciated). In Denmark, there is nobody like that nowadays. If Sweden could see one emerging e.g. in Hast, I would want to support that, because it would mean the possibility of more Amiga activity within a reasonable distance from me.

So I think I'll be sticking to a strategy of splitting my orders between helping keep the likes of you alive and nourishing any promising sprouts I see fighting their way into the sunlight.

It's more or less the same as with donations to developers. Some of them might support well-established developers (relatively speaking; nobody is really well-established in the current Amiga market), some go to people who haven't yet made many great programs, but who are working on something we need. And some of those donations sometimes turn out to have been "wasted" because people have to give up. That doesn't make me regret having made that donation. I knew the risk was there, but chose to take it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Paul Zager and myself are the only two A1s I know of in the whole state.
(If there are any others please speakup!)

At least there are still a few other OS4 users in the North America...
I'm in VA, I know folks in MD, PA, NY, SoCAL, NoCAL, NC, CO, Ontario
and Alberta. Imagine if you were in Latin America!

The dealer picture is much weaker... SoftwareHut exists, but they have
been scared away by the lawsuits... As mentioned, Kurt/Revanche seem to
be busy with their non-Amiga work, MrHardware appears and responds only
sporadically. Anyone else?

I know there have been a few people along the years that have talked
about doing some sales work, but things never seem to jell... :/

PJS

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Just sent an order to hast for 4.1

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
amigakit is an awesome dealer and works hard for the Amiga community.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DiscreetFX

Thank you DiscreetFX- keep up your good work too

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

I've sent Kurt Grach at RevancheLLC.com an Email about OS4 updates and GFX cards and heard nothing. It really bugs me that there's no "live" dealer in the whole US. That's amazing! Maybe the Amiga is really dead, at least in the Americas! Some else just tried Softhut.com and got nothing. Anybody else?

I've also emailed the Amiga dealers here in the states which I use to do business with. The emails are not returned, but alas there is never a reply.

So, AmigaKit is getting my business.

Moxee
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

bump

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Moxee

I've also emailed the Amiga dealers here in the states which I use to do business with. The emails are not returned, but alas there is never a reply.
You'd think from here in Michigan to the state of Washington there would be one busy dealership? Economics is having an effect here. Michigan ranks 50th of worse US states. I'm seriously think of passing the OS4.1 upgrade. It's a $200+ USD upgrade which I don't exactly have that right now. OK, there's the credit card, but...
So, AmigaKit is getting my business...
Me too!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Quote:

You'd think from here in Michigan to the state of Washington there would be one busy dealership?

At the very least in the Northeast US. I ordered my earlybird A1 from Software Hut.

Quote:
Economics is having an effect here. Michigan ranks 50th of worse US states. I'm seriously think of passing the OS4.1 upgrade. It's a $200+ USD upgrade which I don't exactly have that right now. OK, there's the credit card, but...

I think it is something like $165.00. Don't let the credit card tempt you though. I use my credit card a lot, but only when I know I can pay it off each month.

I ordered my OS4.1 from AmigaKit. It was 87.24 GBP plus 4.78 GBP shipping for a total of 92.02 GBP.

The exchange rate at that time was 1 USD = 0.522526 GBP.

This worked out to $165.90 USD, plus $9.32 USD shipping, plus trackable/insured $4.17 USD for a total of $179.39 USD.

The USD has been gaining strength lately so perhaps the exchange rate will be more favorable now than when I ordered.

Moxee
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

bump

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I got an email from Kurt Grach today stating that Revanche will be selling 4.1 Current price is $152 plus shipping.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
bump

keep orders coming in, whichever dealer you choose.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Paul

URL?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top