Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Questions about Troika hardware
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rob

It might not be tied to mai hardware. Remember the original "AmigaOne" plan IIRC was for an escensa motherboard
which would connect to an A1200 mobo, that would later be standalone.
A port of exec to ppc with everything else remaining 68k for release in 2003.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It just needs to be a "workstation" style computer motherboard, named by Eyetech as AmigaONE and released as such.

So, in theory, any of these boards could be released with a nominal "tax" by Eyetech under their name of $1 a board.

Don't ask me how I know but I do ( unless I have been lied to ).

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

tonyw wrote:
In any case, it depends entirely on the written agreement that was signed back in 2003(?) by Amiga Inc, Eyetech and Hyperion.

I don't remember seeing a draft, but I gathered the point was to protect Hyperion and Eyetech from spending lots of time and money on their respective tasks and then being prevented from doing anything with it, if Amiga Inc's situation had changed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thread

I have learned a great deal from this thread.

Am I right in summing up that Panda is our best hope from Troika.

Panda is more high end than Amy or Samantha.

Troika will need to get a license by themselves or possibly strike a deal with Eyetech.

Is this a fair summary?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I think that *at this moment* it is a fair summary.

But of course, things could change at any time . . .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

MiKE2006 wrote:
Quote:

Neither of them have been released just yet. As to the OS4 licensing, I don't know to be honest.

Did Bill McEwen not say in the Amiga.org 25 questions that Troika "isn't one of them" meaning not one of the companies eligable for a license

Who's eligible for a license?

1 John 2:15-16
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, they're going to remove some features from the production model, eh? Which features are slated to be removed? Or do you know?

Interesting that the system was designed from a set of multimedia-machine specs... Maybe some of us can put the Panda board into a replica radio/TV case and have the Amiga answer to MythTV of *nix fame.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit: And you are fishing for loopholes. Continue and you will be suspended. /Orgin

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
(reply to moderated post)

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I think i read somewhere that guru was trying to fix some licence from eyetech. And the panda looks hot i think.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
For me with an A1 XE 933 (which I love even with it's well
known short comings), I am waiting for PANDA. Hope it all
works out.

ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm looking at the provided Panda photo (big one with the imposed logos), and I have a few questions.

Why would anyone put two PCI slots on the same motherboard backwards from each other?

Assuming that the Mini-PCI slots are those things one of which the panda is sitting in (I've never actually seen one before), removing those would open up a lot of real estate?maybe enough to add another memory slot. In today's world, on-motherboard capability of only a half gig of RAM is not exactly high end. I do also realize that AOS 4 probably has no need for more than that, users will, though. Trust me on this one. Just yesterday, I was editing audio on my OSX Mac?which has 832 megabytes of RAM?and I got an out of memory warning.

They probably need to lose some of the "rainbow connection" in the lower right. I know we need line and mic, but what in the world would F, C, and S be (from the GuruMeditation page on the subject)?

In any case (sorry), it looks like there's a lot of repositioning that needs to happen in order to fit a standard case.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Billsey
Quote:
Why would anyone put two PCI slots on the same motherboard backwards from each other?...

This is a development or evaluation board. It is not meant for general consumer use. It doesn't even fit in any standard case. Don't worry too much about those kinds of things.

As has been said before, the final product will be a standard form factor and will have a few changes as well.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)