Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

mbrantley, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
TuneNet V0.86.32 Preview
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Guys,

For people that like to test software you can now try out a preview of the skinnable system from the TuneNet homepage:

www.tunenet.co.uk

It's not meant to be a replacement for the last public offering, but allows you to test things out. Please make sure you read the Readme. Oh and install the Expat library as stated if you want to use Skins.

Anyway, I'll get the other skins linked and up for people to use.

Oh, and I think there might be a problem with scrollable system fonts when running with OS4 beta testers systems - but this is still under investigation.

Anyway, comments from anyone brave enough to try this out will be appreciated.

Thanks to all involved: Curty, FuZion, Spot, Mason, Jahc, Olle, Chris and everyone else.

(Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with my new PS3 )

Cheers,
Bean.

Edited by bean on 2007/10/22 0:14:56
OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Re: TuneNet V86.32 Preview
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean + everyone involved

Big thanks !!!!!! This is great !

Am I the first one !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OPPS!

I left a time-out in the exe. Just uploaded a new archive. If you've just downloaded then please download again.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Finally! Many have waited for this one! GREAT work Bean!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

Ohhh

That looks awesome, thanks to all involved

btw: that creepy AWeb error seems to be gone completely,
will do further tests, great work so far

edit:

One Hour passed

YAM, AWeb, Wookie, TuneNet all at once and no incident of
that bug

bean: AWESOME!

Edited by Raziel on 2007/10/15 10:19:41
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some Notes:

The F5 key will refresh the skinnable interface at any time. This is useful for skin designers who want to see their changes as they work.

To change a skin go to preferences->look and change the SkinFX directory to that of another skin. There are two examples for skin designers and more skins will be uploaded and linked throughout this week.

FuZion's Default Skin; Notes:
=====================
* The default skin has a mini-mode (click the min/max button).

* To fast forward / rewind you can hold down the Next/Prev buttons.

* To stop a song hold the Play button for more than half a second. To pause whilst playing just click it normally.

* You can resize the playlist columns, but it doesn't remember column sizes on exit yet.

* No column sorting on skinnable system yet.

Finally you might want to try out the Device Mode in the audio playback for shared Audio between applicatations.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Don't forget, its not Mikey C tested, so its not 100% guaranteed. Ask Jahc

If a product Doesn't pass the Mikey C test, its not 100%

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Awesome!

Some glitches I found so far:

id3tags are gone

old tunenet doesn't load after I quit the new one (I miss the tags)

Edit: some tags are shown and some not. Probably broken tags. Will investigate later.
Apologies for false alarm

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2007/10/15 11:27:45
Edited by Jack on 2007/10/15 11:28:20
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean
Thanks Bean. Thanks also to all the guys helping you. I have said it before and I'll say it again, watching the development of this program is awesome.

Cheers
ace

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Bean

Great Work ! and Thanks for this software

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

supadupa

byebye...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

I've been testing TuneNet for 1 minute and 2 seconds apparently, and I've found a bug already!

If you select the SkinFX display and close the old Reaction window, and then minimise the SkinFX display, when you un-minimise both the SkinFX and Reaction windows reappear.

Also, there's an old bug that I keep forgetting to mention. You aren't setting the AppIcon position to -1 after loading the icon image and before calling AddAppIcon().

Anyway, looking good so far! Nice work.

Chris

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
If you select the SkinFX display and close the old Reaction window, and then minimise the SkinFX display, when you un-minimise both the SkinFX and Reaction windows reappear.

Hmm, that appears to be the only way to get the Reaction window back, as there isn't an option for it in the Window menu.

Also: in the prefs, if you select SkinFX under Look->On Startup, it deselects System GUI - which can be reselected again quite happily so I don't think this behaviour is intended.

The default skin's vertical scrollbar doesn't adapt its size according to how much there is to scroll (eg. I have less than a page in the song list, yet the scrollbar is fairly small)

Chris

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:
@bean

I've been testing TuneNet for 1 minute and 2 seconds apparently, and I've found a bug already!

Also, there's an old bug that I keep forgetting to mention. You aren't setting the AppIcon position to -1 after loading the icon image and before calling AddAppIcon().

Anyway, looking good so far! Nice work.

Chris

Typing this on my PS3 The minimise "bug" is more like a missing feature. I'm being cheap and using the Reaction minimise at the moment which is why both windows are involved.

Regarding the scroll bars, they are not proportional yet. I've basically written a gadget and layout system from scratch and there is still much to do. BTW: This isn't the fault of FuZion - he wanted prop gadgets as well - I just ran out of time.

Sorry

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

When switching between big and small modes using a zoom gadget it should remember different positions of the window for both modes.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

Ahhh, the joys of an Alpha release

Thanks for the comment so far everyone. Keep the comments coming, a few so far are in the to do list but keep on enjoying TN alpha.

FuZion.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@FuZion
@bean

Enjoying it as we speak

A little request, could the theme windows also respect OS4's
GUI setting "Screen edge restistence"? It doesn't right now

Thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

I did just notice that too. And would it be possible to maximize the window like you can do with any window in AOS 4 now? I noticed that resizing didn't work for the whole 1280x1024 resolution that I got. But none the less it's great to finally use themes (yes I've been waiting a long to use this feature).

It's really stable too! Makes me think of the first "alpha" wich was very stable. This is great! This is *the* music player for AOS 4 .

One thing that bothers me though is the volume... it's too low for some songs. Was the "boost" on its way? I still don't get why it's so low in AOS 3/4 since in winblows or linux or whatever it seems to be louther.

EDIT: One thing that's weird... the MP3 that I'm listening too is pretty loud with amigaamp (using its own mp3-plugin, I know) but still... It shouldn't be that low with tunenet... I don't think that mpega.library got anything to do with it, right?

Edited by hotrod on 2007/10/16 21:02:17
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@hotrod

The default skin is limited to a max of 1024 by 768 pixels. But there is nothing from stopping you altering this!

I'm sure FuZion won't mind me saying this, but try the following:

1/ I'd recomend copying the "default" skin directory within the skinFX directory to a new dir, say: "default_modified".

2/ Open up the tn_skinfx.xml file from the default_modified directory file to a text editor.

3/ Remove the line that says:

maxwidth="1024" maxheight="768"

line 11 I think.. and save.

Point the skin within TuneNet prefs to the "default_modified" directory and select save (or use). Now you should be able to stetch as big as the screen allows.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
....and....

a small skin from Mason called aPhone has been uploaded, it's available from the download page.

It might be useful for people wanting to learn how to create skins as well.

More skins arriving later in the week.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »