Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

Primax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »
Re: VIM the editor
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Nice work! Can't wait to give it a spin. I use VI/VIM for work all the time so I'd switch to this version as my goto editor.

Cheers,
Bill

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks!

https://2018.stateofjs.com/other-tools/#text_editors - vim third place (most popular editors for web/js)

micro Amiga One/AmigaOS 4.1+ES
https://amiganews.exec.pl/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Added aos4 specific mouse-wheel support as well as found 4 general bugs which happens on all platforms. One i fix as it was easy enough, and another 3 still there , so probably once they gone i can make os4 release of that 8.1 , and then upload os4 changes to main vim-mui repo, so Ola can merge it and all other releases can be done together at the same time.

I also wrote to Mason with asking about new toolbar and main icons, so maybe there will be something too if he will in interest

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Fresh toolbar icons is a nice idea, I'm not the best artist out there, and I have a fondness for grey and dull things and I realize that most people don't :)

That could be something that the installer takes care of though. We could make it possible to select toolbar gfx at install time. But the default should definitely be Masons icons if he wants to / is willing to create new icons.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sTix

Quote:
But the default should definitely be Masons icons if he wants to / is willing to create new icons.

Well I think the AISS set already has many of the icons used by VIM, so it shouldn't require a great effort to provide the rest. (Can't speak for Mason, of course.)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix
One of my friend says from video that he like it exactly because of those "grey and dull" icons :) So having both for sure will cover all needs.

@All
We fix all the bugs (thank to Thore for some helpfull info). Now we probabaly can wait Martin a little bit, and then first os4 release.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

No scrollbar in Vim?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the work! it's nice to have a new version o VIM

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

But does it have a quit feature: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11 ... ow-to-exit-the-vim-editor

(just kidding, Vim rocks)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Recieved icons stuff from Martin, need a bit polishing and hope today/tomorrow os4 release can happens.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
great news, vim it's my editor of choice in every
platform I use.

Thanks for the hard work

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Recieved icons stuff from Martin, need a bit polishing and hope today/tomorrow os4 release can happens.

Cool, thanks! Now all we need is how to send you a nice little PayPal gift

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Meanwhile,last year, in Japan..

https://vimconf.wordpress.com/

Honestly I didn't know Vim had such large users base..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Once available on OS4Depot, would it be possible to share the link also on the official page of Vim on the download section? it is nice to tell to the Vim community that amiga os still exist and has the latest version of their editor..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

I think that's a good idea. The Amiga specific parts of Vim receive death threats from time to time and this could be a way of showing the world that these lines of code still matter.

Perhaps I should consider migrating the project to GitHub and giving it a proper name (not 'spaden' = 'the spade').

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sTix

GitHub is absolutely recommended. You could fork the original, add the changes on it and pull the upstream changes now and then.

Plus people could sent pull requests easily. Not saying it will happen, but at least in theory :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Hope today !

In meantime some new screesnhot with Mason's icons (click on image for fullsize):

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Beautiful!

Are there any restrictions on how Masons icons can be used? Can we use them for AROS and MorphOS as well? I don't know what format OS4 icons are in. Are they just PNG:s or something else?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sTix

The toolbar images should be in the PNG format. As for their use under MorphOS and AROS, just ask Mason - he's a sensible, very approachable guy so there's a good chance.

Although for MorphOS specifically I'd probably ask someone from that platform to provide MOS-style images, as the MorphOS GUI imagery style differs from that of OS4.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »