Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: Reborn return to castle Wolfenstein
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you very much my friend
Now i have a latest NOVA
Best regards
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Huno
Quote:

As for the level 3 actually it is very slow, the map has too many 3D objects and PC version rallenti aussimais it is more obvious on the amigaos4, should I see if by modifying some small thing on the map if I can win FPS.

Well, i play in MiniGL version, and go till the same place : 30 FPS no problems, and no slowing downs, no bugs like rooms to which you can't go inside. While with Reborn, i have there 5 fps, and some strange bug when soldier at the right side are "jump" without end, and i can't go to the room at the right side.

I mean, if it with minigl give 30 fps, then Reborn when everything set to low should give at least the same, and as in all other places it faster, then imho there is some bug or so.

You may try to play with LIBGL_BATCH 20 environment, it speed up some things radically, maybe will help with Reborn too.

Edited by kas1e on 2019/4/10 12:34:02
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RIBDEVIL / All

Are these in the original game ?
Hard to find, where are they :(

sp_pak2.pk3
sp_pak3.pk3

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@benny

Ok, got them, The original RCTW had a patch to download :(

Steams seems easier, but when you have the original CD-version, you have to download 2 patches:

http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/ ... -rtcw-patch-win-1-33-full

+

http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/ ... 409-knightmare-rtcw-patch

Then the game is running :)

Edited by benny on 2019/4/29 19:14:46
Edited by benny on 2019/4/29 19:17:12
Edited by benny on 2019/4/29 19:19:30
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Huno
Just finished today Minigl version of RCTW: so passed all 24 levels, and everything are pretty playable around 30-60fps all the time without bugs (very rare some z-fighting issues).

What make me think that speed issues in RCTW Reborn in some parts (as example that Elevator part) can be happens because of GL4ES.

Also those bugs in Reborn with soldiers jumping around in some walls, and some rooms to which you can go (while can in minigl version), probabaly come just from the RCTW Reborn itself, i.e. new bugs from authors which wasn't in the original RCTW.

In other words, MiniGL version is better in end : its playable, no glitches, and no slowing downs like in Reborn.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Huno
I seems to find what issues with crashes in Reboorn : once you fill up more than 256mb of GPU video memory (exactly GPU one, i.e. second chunk), you are crashes. Does not matter how you fill it up, just once your app want to handle anything in GPU which is more than 256 mb (i mean exactly GPU memory, that first 256 mb of "system video memory" are fine and independent). Its like we have 512mb video cards, 256 taken by system, other 256 are handled fine by GPU, and then anything more => crash.

I find it when port fresh version of SuperTuxKart, which crashes exactly on the 256mb barier of GPU memory. Even when just 240 filled up everything fine, but once you meet ~256 BAH.

And crashes exactly the same for me as it was for you with Reboorn : Crashed process can be any, and sata, and amidock, and input, and intuition, and everything at once.

And you was right : its about memory being out of some barier. But not of that first 256mb barier (which used by system), but another ones, second bank of real GPU video memory. I.e not usuall overflow, but something with handling of 256mb blocks of GPU video memory probabaly. Because once you hit ~256 mb => crash.

Its like, we didn't have 2GB of video memory on video card, but instead 512 : first 256 taken by system, second 256 are used by radeonHD3.x, but then everything which go futher -> crash

And its for sure not Reboorn issue, because its happens also with absolutly other game for me. That probably RadeonHD bug. As because if crashes exactly when we out of second 256 mb of video memory, mean that handling of banks/blocks/whatever fail somehow.

And at moment of crash, first 256mb of video memory (that system one, first chunk), have even 150-200mb free. Its when second 256mb chunk filled we crash (probabaly when we tried to use more than those 256mb of second chunk).

Check this out for more info:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... hp?topic_id=8082&forum=25

Edited by kas1e on 2019/9/27 8:29:37
Edited by kas1e on 2019/9/27 8:32:14
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
I post that video in another thread, but just in case someone will miss it , so there is video on which i show Huno's RTCW Reborn running on x5000 with all possible full details with beta of RadeonHD driver with that fix about 256mb GPU crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6CQOL6W-c

There you can see that once everything loads with full details, it need 800mb of GPU video memory.

Thinking about past limitations of just 256mb of video memory where also system placed, GPU usage really help.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Hello I have an AmigaOne X5000.

I tried to load Reborn but no luck.

How can I load the game?

I am lost on Reborn.

Thank you.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Which video card are using on your X5000? That seams like the best place to start.

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tekmage

I think is a Radeon 5450 2 TB,the one they sent me Amedia France on June or July of 2021 with my beloved AmigaOne X5000 computer system.

A great graphic PCI Express card for an AmigaOne X5000 with 3 OSes: AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2,Fienix and Morphos unregistered.

Hope this helps.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Hi,
if I remember good Reborn-Return to castle Wolfenstein is for Wap3D Nova and OpenGLES only.
Your HD 5450 is not Warp3D Nova capable (only HD77xx-79xx, R7xx, R9xx and RX4xx-5xx does).

Try instead older Hunno's Return to Wolfenstein castle, it is Warp3D and OpenGL. As your HD 5450 have no real Warp3D, you have to install WaZp3D ant try proper setup with HW compositing. But some games don't work with Wazp3D, I hope you sucsseed find correct setup.
And it assumes that you have Radeon HD driver, but I suppose you have it allready.

Many people solves this problem with two graphics cards. For exapmle RXxx for AmigaOS (Warp3D Nova, UVD) and second Northern Island for MorphOS and linux.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)