Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 93

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 34 ... 72 »
Re: SDL2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Is there a reasson why it should be like this ? I mean, why we can't clear audio buffer by default in SDL2, when any kind of audio initialisation done ?

But the pitchy sound, probabaly come not only from SDL2 apps if i remember right. But i need to test it. I was sure its my AHI settings somehow suck ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

It's an optimization. SDL 1.2 apparently cleared buffer always before audio callback. This is pointless when callback is rewriting buffers again, at least when there is music playing.

So the new requirement is that if applications wants to hear silence, it must play silence.

Maybe your beep issue is some other thing.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Btw, more about joystick stuff from ptitSeb:

---
About Axis, yes, you can query SDL the number of Axis, Buttons and Hat per joystick. I don't do that because I have no configuration screen, so that information is useless, plus I simply used the the X & Y of the Axis 0, nothing fancy here (well, for the Joystick interface, because for the Gamecontroller interface I took the left stick because it's the one you normally use for Movement, the Right Stick is for Camera usualy).
---

I.e for gamecontroller api he use left stick (so leftx/y) because that one usually for move, and right one for camera. So maybe it worth to change Gamecontroller database "competition pro" for os4 to leftx/y instead of right how it now ?

Also another question: if one use gamecontrollers api in SDL2 prog, but user have joystick which had no entry in database, will joystick "somehow works" or it will not works completely ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Ok, I will change the axis to left.

If joystick is not in game controller DB, using GC API fails, at least testgamecontroller doesn't start.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
One more lame question :) :
Is it necessary for both sdl1 and sdl2 and for both old joystick interface and for gamecontroller one have it works in amigainput ? I mean, if amigainput didnt detect joystick, then no luck with that joystick at all ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, it's true.

SDL2 supports also hidapi library. Theoretically if somebody would get it working on OS4, it might be used as an alternative. https://github.com/signal11/hidapi

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Quote:

SDL2 supports also hidapi library. Theoretically if somebody would get it working on OS4, it might be used as an alternative. https://github.com/signal11/hidapi

Realisticaly its the way to go imho. As be in hope that someone will ever update amigainput are low, taking aside that when and if it will be updated, when and if it will be released :)

Did you every trying to checked it , i mean, if it possible to port for us at all ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Maybe found a bug: in Hydra we can specify "-d" flag, which mean copy of desktop resolution for fullscreen. But that didnt work and fallback to 640*480, that what ptitSeb says:

Mmm, I think there is an issue on amiga side then.

When using "-d" mode in SDL2, I create the windows using SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP flag.
That way, I use current desktop mode, and I'm not supposed to need to set any W or H for the Window (I put 0, 0). I works like that on the Linux machine I tried it on, but maybe it is needed to put actual value for amiga?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Desktop mode issue confirmed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Regarding hidapi, I have never programmed USB devices so would need to read at least http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... lopment/usb_fd_devman.pdf first.

Hidapi seems to contain relatively little code. And there is libusb port: http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e=library/misc/libusb.lha

Libusb is one of the backends hidapi can use.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi

I've just run into this error while compiling code that uses SDL2:
/Work/SDK/local/newlib/include/SDL2/SDL_platform.h:187: error: expected unqaulified-id before string constant
anyone knows what might be wrong here?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NoCache
SDL2 includes fine on 99% (never say never), and something with code imho. Or, you manually touch your SDL2 includes, save it, and forgot ?:) to be sure upload somewhere your code and we can test

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

It is some existing code I'm trying to recompile for AmigaOS...
I got then some other errors about undefined __gnuc_va_list that comes directly from SDK headers so I presume I just don't have environment/flags set up correctly or whatever but in final it is not connected to SDL2 :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
2.0.9 RC1 has been released: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/SDL/releases

In addition to upstream code updates, it is supposed to fix the Flare engine rendering and some mouse pointer issues.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
As i have no os4 machine anymore, i'll just leave these here. Dudes, you NEED these! ;)

Fast Tracker II SDL2 port:
https://16-bits.org/ft2.php

Protracker SDL2 port (a very accurate port, not like the one on os4depot that is half finished at most):
https://16-bits.org/pt.php

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

By the way just tried the new ProTracker v2.3E on you site, but it freeze instantanely on my OS 4.1 FE system :-/
It's was for 68k based machine right ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Doesn't work for me either

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

Check your PM

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Capehill

Quote:
it is supposed to fix the Flare engine rendering and some mouse pointer issues

You mean the surface rendering? Because I tried that and still does not work for me.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Flare was linked statically. It must be relinked to apply SDL2 update.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 34 ... 72 »