Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SimpleMail Crashes
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It's a while since I used SimpleMail, so I decided to give it a go again today. I made a clean install of SimpleMail and set it up from scratch with two accounts, both IMAP. One account appears to work fine for syncing mails, but the other (GMail) causes a hard crash requiring a hard reboot. When I restart, all the folders in SimpleMail don't show the mail counts, and clicking on some of them works to restore the mail counts, but some (particularly the main OUTBOX with only 1 mail in it) cause the system to freeze completely (including mouse pointer), with a case switch reset needed to restore control.

I've upped the stack in SimpleMail's icon to 64KB, and also tried getting some debug output from it with the DEBUGLEVEL=5 shell argument, but it just results in a 0 byte logfile.

There is also a similar hard crash when viewing some long emails in the working account.

I'm running OS4.1FE with SFS 1.290 on SimpleMail's partition. MUI 5 and AmiSSL are installed, both latest versions. Any ideas?

Go to top
Re: SimpleMail Crashes
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

I wish I had an answer for you. But I can only share that I have the same experience. I've been writing it off as misbehavior on the part of my aging A1-XE.

I'm using the same versions of things as you are. Any chance it might be that Simplemail gets confused if the IMAP account has been accessed by other devices, changing the state of the email count in sent/inbox? I also wonder if Simplemail has trouble with larger HTML mails?

I get ISI guru's sometimes three times before all the numbers show up properly and Simplemail doesn't crash.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daedalus
I tried Simplemail on an X5000 several weeks ago and it kept crashing when I tried to rearrange the address book. I gave up on it. I don't think the problem is just with your system.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@xenic

the crash in the addressbook is a known issue and has a bug report.
try to circulate over the mails with up/down arrows, you will notice it does not work with latest MUI versions (but works with MUI5.0-2016RC1 provided with the X5000 prerelease CD).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hmmm, so this could actually be MUI-related, rather than SimpleMail-related? I'm using the most up-to-date version from AmiUpdate, but I might try an older version at some point...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Edit: Double post, sorry!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
No idea if it's the same cause or not, but YAM will lock up my X1000 50% of the time on exit.

Go to top

Register To Post