Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YAM secure POP3 connection problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
My ISP has notified me that they are switching email to IMAP but will also have a secure POP3 server at port 995. I switched YAM 2.9p1 to use port 995 and selected SSL/TLS & "Plain Password" for POP3. When I couldn't get a connection I installed the debug version of YAM 2.9p1 and captured the debug output. I've changed my email address in the debug output to xxxx so that's not the problem. Here is the debug output I captured:
Quote:
02:W: ssl.c:106:ssl: verify callback @ 2 => 7:'certificate signature failure'
02:W: ssl.c:147:ssl: Unhandled certification verification error: SSL_CERT_ERR_UNHANDLED
02:E: ssl.c:842:SSL_connect() returned -1 with SSL_get_errror() = 1
02:E: ssl.c:853:errno(0) = ''
02:E: ssl.c:855:errnosv(0) = ''
02:E: ssl.c:861:querying ERR_get_error() stack:
02:E: ssl.c:865:ERR_get_error()=218665121 stack: 'error:0D0890A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown message digest algorithm'
02:E: ssl.c:865:ERR_get_error()=336134278 stack: 'error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed'
02:D: YAM_ER.c:130:pushing error 'Couldn't initialize TLSv1/SSLv3 session with host 'mail.comcast.net' of account 'xxxxx@comcast.net@mail.comcast.net'.'
00:D: YAM_ER.c:115:added error message #1 'Couldn't initialize TLSv1/SSLv3 session with host 'mail.comcast.net' of account 'xxxxx@comcast.net@mail.comcast.net'.

(08/04/2018 9:27 AM)'
00:D: YAM_ER.c:162:showing error message #1 'Couldn't initialize TLSv1/SSLv3 session with host 'mail.comcast.net' of account 'xxxxx@comcast.net@mail.comcast.net'.

(08/04/2018 9:27 AM)'
00:D: DockyIcon.c:213:remove Docky icon
00:D: DockyIcon.c:242:Docky icon changed
00:D: Logfile.c:83:logging id 30, text 'Retrieved 0 message(s) from POP3 account 'xxxxx@comcast.net

Can anyone tell me what the above debug output means and what I need to do to get a secure POP3 connection with YAM?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: YAM secure POP3 connection problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Thats a certificate error and it means your ISP upgraded their SSL Certs handling aswell.
Means you won't get a connection anymore unless YAM is built with the new AmiSSL version in place.

Bit me nearly a year go.

You can try the YAM nightly builds, they have those new stuff in, but we probably never see another full version of YAM...it's too long in beta already.

I have given up waiting, dropped YAM completely and am using the ISP's wepage now...too bad, YAM was a fine program

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

At the moment the only way is to use the nightly builds. Hopefully YAM will be updated so an officially released versiob can be used.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
I have given up waiting, dropped YAM completely and am using the ISP's wepage now...too bad, YAM was a fine program

Unfortunately, my ISP switched to supporting only 4 main WEB browsers and I can no longer access most of my ISPs WEB pages with Odyssey. I'll give the YAM nightly builds a try tommorrow.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

That is unfortunate
Will probably hit me sooner or later aswell

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
That is unfortunate
Will probably hit me sooner or later aswell

I'm getting closer to the point where my X5000 will just be taking up desk space (or eventually closet space) because I can't access important WEB sites.

I tried the latest YAM nightly build and I can once again get my emails in secure mode. Eventually it may become necessary to have IMAP to access email with YAM, so I hope they're working on that. Since v2.9p1 has become useless for anything but unsecure mail server access, it seems like the YAM devs should release a patched version (v2.9p2) or release a new version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

I'm with you.

I asked a long time ago about a new version, the answer was that the main dev pretty much lost interest (and time) to build a new full version and was pushing everyone who asked to instead use the beta builds.

As i said, too bad, but YAM has become useless for me.

As for IMAP in YAM, don't hold your breath, it's on their todo list for such a long time it has become a running gag.

You may be better off using SimpleMail...it has IMAP support and looks pretty much like YAM nowadays, how it "feels" i don't know, but will probably switch to it too eventually

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
You may be better off using SimpleMail...it has IMAP support and looks pretty much like YAM nowadays, how it "feels" i don't know, but will probably switch to it too eventually

I D/L SimpleMail and tried setting it up before you guys told me to try the nightly build of YAM. I was able to import my YAM address book but whenever I tried to add/regroup/remove any individual email addresses, SimpleMail froze my system and I had to do a cold reboot. I don't know if that's just an X5000 issue or if it affects all OS4.x hardware.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Yes, my bad and i apologize for that.

SimpleMail is also in beta and looking at the list of bugs it has a few freeze conditions still in place.

Knowing that now, i would like to take my consideration switching to SimpleMail back, sorry

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Simplemail might be worth using if all else fails. I know from working on several multi-platform (MOS/OS4/AROS/68k) open-source projects that sometimes code gets committed that works fine on one Amiga platform but fails on other platforms.

Go to top

Register To Post