Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Movie Collectors Database
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all,

I have been using MyMovies on my laptop to catalogue my DVD/Blu-Ray collection but thought I'd love to be able to do this on my Amiga.

I'd like to be able to program a similar interface, using Hollywood Designer, to MyMovies.

Any thoughts anyone?

Go to top
Re: Movie Collectors Database
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@1mouse

That would be awesome 👍 I use MyMovies too and had the same idea with Hollywood, but no time to try it.

The Blu_manager is not bad, but not compatible to MyMovies.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gurus2000

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this idea.

I am aware of Blu Manager as I was a tester for Pal from version 0.4 onwards.

I have a bit of knowledge about Designer, I wrote my software inTune (unfinished but usable) using it. Info available at: https://blitterwolf.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/intune-recap.html

And I wrote a couple of Star Trek databases:
st_characters.lha
st_rooms.lha

both available on OS4Depot if you want to check them out.

I'm aware that MyMovies server couldn't be used for the titles data but I believe some data could be retrieved from IMDB.

If you have any insight please let me know.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@1mouse

If you think you can't use MyMovies Server, what exactly is your goal? Build a completely new database for your movies instead of MyMovies?
I would be happy if I have a Gui to see all my movies I have in MyMovies. Similar to http://c.mymovies.dk/username. But with an Amiga Gui to browse through the movies

Blu_Manager really makes a great impression, but I have almost 600 DVDs and BluRays and therefore I don't want to maintain another database

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gurus2000

I'd like to do an Amiga GUI front end and input the titles as I do with MyMovies, via the barcode or title and for the rest of the information to be looked up.

I believe there are online sites where the information can be automatically looked up, similar to MyMovies, one possibility is IMDB.

Thoughts?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@1mouse

That's not a bad idea. IMDB has all the information you need, I think. Except for the bar code, maybe.
Too bad that I would have to insert 600 new entries. But of course I would test database like this immediately

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@1mouse

IMDB is bad for lookup, as it has no API and you have to parse the website(s), which change from time to time.

Better would be TMDB for movies, this has an API that can be used freely (if your app is free).

Another possibility would be to use one of the already available media scraping tools.

I, for example, am using Ember Media Manager for managing my media collection (for Emby Server, can be used for Kodi and other too).

You can also add offline (disc based) movies to this, instead of a movie file (*.avi, *.mp4, *.mkv, etc) you have to create a *.disc file.

With this tool you can collect all Information for movie and series from different Websites, also include trailers.

Then you can export a list (AFAIR they can be self defined), maybe it has even an web Interface to access the collection.

Maybe someone could create an Amiga Interface to browse a Kodi compatible collection (or does something like this already exist)?!

Ciao, Alfred

Go to top

Register To Post