Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

MickJT, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »
Re: Cross-Compiling for Amiga OS4 PPC from Cygwin / Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10+
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

"ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools"

this step fails, showing an error as follow:

"$ ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools
ln: creazione del collegamento simbolico '/usr/local/amiga/adtools' non riuscita: No such file or directory"

This part doesn't work as expected:

"cd ~/adtools/gild

git submodule init
git submodule update

cd ~/adtools

gild list

Should show:

binutils 2.23.2
coreutils 5.2
gcc 4.9
gcc 5
gcc 6"

The command: "cd ~/adtools/gild" using the ~ doesn't work. If i remove the ~ the command works.

"gild list" doesn't work too. Show an error as follow:
-bash: gild: comando non trovato (command nof found)

Reading the https://github.com/sba1/adtools read me:

Should we perform the part in "Debian-based Linux distributions"?

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/8 10:21:02
Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/8 10:23:24
Retired
Go to top
Re: Cross-Compiling for Amiga OS4 PPC from Cygwin / Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10+
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Moved a little forward. The error related to this line still:

"ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools"

i typed in the line after packages installation and cygwin accept the line.

The test ppc-amigaos-gcc -v fails as follow:
-bash: ppc-amigaos-gcc: command not found

Retired
Go to top
Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Could a handy soul give me a hand on this?

/me shows his cutiest face expression ever :P

Retired
Go to top
Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

This is missing

sudo apt-get install python-minimal

That should fix you up.

*edit*

sudo ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools

is incorrect for the uwin make

it should be

sudo ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools

Doug

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DStastny

Thank you for the reply!

At the moment i'm focused to setup the cygwin part. Is the sudo apt-get install python-minimal related to cygwin?
I guess not, cause sudo isn't mentioned in the cygwin part and isn't even installed.

P.S.
i sent you a PM

regards
Davide C.

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/11 11:25:20
Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Sorry I miss read your issue. When I had issue with part you mentioned it was due to Python3 being installed. You are correct the sudo is command for linux or uwin.

I dont use cgwin so sure what problem your having is.

Doug

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Hmmm. Not sure what's going on there.

Does the directory /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404 actually exist?

If not, try a simple "mkdir /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-cyg64-20170623-404" to create the directory first and then create the symbolic link with the "ln -s" command.

Shouldn't matter, as symlinks get created all the time while pointing to nonexistent objects. But worth trying.

Also, no, sudo isn't used for Cygwin anything. Indeed the reason I even had to fork the instructions between uwin and cygwin was solely because of the lack/missing/non-existent sudo concept in Cygwin.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Is the /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin directory in your PATH with the "export PATH" suggestions?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

Yes, it is.

i checked all the steps, correcting the paths as suggested, but i still get: ppc-amigaos-gcc -v
ppc-amigaos-gcc: command not found

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/12 13:20:10
Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hmmm. Did the executables get built?

If you "ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin"

What do you see? I'm wondering if there's any ppc-amigaos-gcc executable even there/built.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
sigh, i get:

amidev@AmigaOne:~$ ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin
ls: cannot access '/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin': No such file or directory

Retired
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

It works now!

As DStastny pointed out:

"
export PATH=:$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404/bin

should be

export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404/bin
"

The only strange thing i noticed is that looking at the directories i have in the /usr/local/amiga/, i see two main directories as follow:

1) adtools/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404
2) adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404

now, the directories seems the same to me. Is this correct?

Now, as i asked previously, since i use SDL2 in my main Amiga, my SDK contains the SDL2 config and headers, as well as the SDL2 images headers, SDL2 Mixer headers and so on... should i copy these files in the UWin SDK installation?
Where exactly should i copy these files?

Thank you in advance

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/16 15:30:28
Retired
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread

could someone give me some hint on how to configure the Amiga SDL2 installation in the Uwin setup?

Which files should i copy and where exactly?

thank you in advance

Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

I'm posting another of my guides shortly, hopefully in the next 2 days or so, on how to use the Cygwin or UWin adtools from the bash command line to accomplish exactly what you're asking (and more).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

Thank you.

Retired
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker
OK, done some tests now. Seems to work nicely, but found out that the SDK is not updated. Some compilations return error on new struct GraphicsIFace and so on...

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/10/17 14:59:58
Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Yes, you're correct, as originally written/instructed (and I'll update this guide to reflect what I'm about to say next), the adtools git repository, by default, downloads the AmigaOS4 SDK v.53.24.

Not altogether sure why it doesn't just pull down SDK v53.30 which you can get publicly from Hyperion.

Upcoming, later this week at AmiWest I hope, is the latest adtools/SDK from Hyperion.

Regardless, I'll push a simple update to the originating post of this topic showing how to download/install any OS4.x SDK from version 53.30 and up to update the SDK that gets installed into the adtools chain.

In the meantime, until I update the originating post, here's the quick lowdown:

Download the Amiga OS4.1FE v53.30 SDK lha file from Hyperion. http://hyperion-entertainment.biz/ind ... nload&layout=form&file=82

For this purpose I assume you'll be downloading the file "SDK_53.30.lha" and that it'll be downloaded to your Windows user's "Downloads" directory, aka "~/Downloads", as seen from your Cygwin or UWin bash shell. It doesn't really matter where you download that 53.30 lha file to, just note where it is, as seen by your Cygwin/UWin bash command line.

For UWin you may need to "sudo" the following commands, in Cygwin, you don't

In your Cygwin/UWin bash shell, rename the current SDK directory to reflect the version it's currently pointing to. For example:

"mv /usr/local/amiga/adtools/ppc-amigaos/SDK /usr/local/amiga/adtools/ppc-amigaos/SDK_5324"

Then, "mkdir /usr/local/amiga/adtools/ppc-amigaos/SDK_5330"

Then, pull out the following sub-archives from the v53.30 SDK archive package: base.lha, clib2-1.206.lha, and newlib-53.30.lha. Doesn't matter if you're using the Windows command-line lha command to do your .lha maniuplation, or if you're using some Windows archive software like Winzip that can extract lha's. These tips assume you're using the command-line lha utility.

For the remaining steps, I assume those 3 sub-archives are now found in the ~/Downloads directory.

Then, assuming you're using the Windows command-line version of lha, again from your UWin/Cygwin bash shell:

"cd /usr/local/amiga/adtools/ppc-amigaos/SDK_5330"

"lha -x ~/Downloads/base.lha"

"mv Include include" (changing the Uppercase Include to lowercase include).

"lha -x ~/Downloads/clib2-1.206.lha"

"lha -x ~/Downloads/newlib-53.30.lha"

"cd .."

"ln -s SDK_5330 SDK"

Repeat this every time you update your SDK, changing these instructions to reflect the version numbers of the various directories and archives as appropriate.

After doing this, anytime you want to use a particular version of the SDK to compile against, delete and then create anew your "SDK" symlink as needed.

I'm awaiting the next SDK release before I finalize these instructions and add them back to the original post.

Edited by stonecracker on 2017/10/18 5:57:29
Edited by stonecracker on 2017/10/18 5:59:45
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

Thank you stonecracker, you're doing a wonderful work here.

Any suggestion for this issue?

"The only strange thing i noticed is that looking at the directories i have in the /usr/local/amiga/, i see two main directories as follow:

1) adtools/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404
2) adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404
"

which ppc-amigaos-gcc points to: 2) adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404

Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter: You (and everyone else) are more than welcome. Happy to help when I can.

I'm thinking there was a symbolic link error somewhere there. Namely, that the symlink "adtools" should point to adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404.

If you provide the output of:

"ls -hal /usr/local/amiga"

and also:

"ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools"

and also:

"ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404"

That might help to decipher what's happening on your setup.

Edited by stonecracker on 2017/10/19 15:20:17
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
FYI, all:

I've been updating my originating post as your comments/error/typo corrections have been coming in, via your replies in this topic thread.

I'll continue to do so whenever I can, so that someone _doesn't_ have to read this entire thread to get things working.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »