Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sam440ep not starting
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlosm

So your issue may not be the video card at all ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

tested the same gpu on a pc and there there is not this issue.
Note the two X5000 case internal fans (mobo fans plugs) continue run with poweroff psu (off psu switch)
they stop running only when i pull out the hdmi from the gpu.
this issue is present on X5000 20 and X5000 40. reported many time ago to trevor
result no reply.

this one of the reasons why i exit from the linux manteiners (and all e-eon mailing lists) and not sign the nda for x5000/40 ... no replies to the hw issue (are many) that i found and i had been reported to a-eon.

plus they made me pay about 50 gpb +22% vat more the motherboard without ram and pci lans compared the other beta tester and i made the alfa testing 1 year before the betatester.

my motto now is #nomoreaeoninmyhome

Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:42:31
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:44:30
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:45:03
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:46:00
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:47:26
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:48:07
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/2 14:52:22
X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Quote:
tested the same gpu on a pc and there there is not this issue.
Note the two X5000 case internal fans (mobo fans plugs) continue run with poweroff psu (off psu switch)
they stop running only when i pull out the hdmi from the gpu.
this issue is present on X5000 20 and X5000 40. reported many time ago to trevor
result no reply.

Sounds a lot like this. It seems to be more common than you'd think.

Something must be special about your monitor & machine. Or maybe it's an even more unique combination where other unknown factors are involved; I haven't seen any conclusive info on exactly what triggers such behaviour.** It sounds like you don't need to worry about it, though.

BTW, Trevor's probably the wrong person to contact regarding hardware/software issues. He's not an engineer, and has multiple companies to take care of.

Quote:

my motto now is #nomoreaeoninmyhome

Sorry to hear that.

Hans

** For all we know it could even be a combination of the monitor, graphics card, PSU, & the house's wiring. I've had a few weird issues with some (x86-based) machines in the past, including getting mild shocks off USB connectors. Something was creating an unwanted voltage... Never did figure out why.

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
...doubled post (?)

Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/8 10:55:48
X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

is not only mine issue, this issue other people see like hd led,power led turned on when the machine is powered off.

i was disgusted for all the situation.
machine suffer of overheating inside an aero cool case with two big fan case. Overheating come out when i build with in smp with j4 ... on single thread or dual no issue.
i solved this in this way case opened and this extra fan:

link

reported to trevor 2 times, 3 email to aeon (trevor and matthew) for ask an water cooling solution ... result no reply. Plus for my discovers, alfa testing, found issue, made linux working, try to find possible solutions i knowed thru an happy email that i pay the machine more than the people that will start beta testing now(!!!!) and this made me really nervous.

for me beta testing a machine means test all the hardware not only an os.

sorry but like i say to everyone ... you, gullaume, christian made a great job ... same i can say to the hyperion guys did the best with less resources.... but the managment of aeon i think need to have a reset. and start understand that without real hardware testers and beta users all is lost... and sorry i prefer leave this boat before will goes totally under the sea.

Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/8 10:59:32
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/8 11:01:24
Edited by tlosm on 2017/9/8 11:42:27
X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tlosm

Hi, I have the same. If monitor is off when star the X5000, nothing except a fantastic black screen.

Apart USB issues. Some keyboards fast boot, others slow.
Some strange voltage drops. ( Hard Disk is not recognized in star )
3 years without proper drivers.

etc. etc.

I'm so sad, I'm so sad, I'm sad, I'm sad. ( Cream song parody)

Virginio

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

this issue come if you turn on first x5000 after the monitor.
start first the monitor wait a little bit and turn on x5000.

voltage drops ? umm on the devices if yes swap dvdrom on sata0 and hd on sata1 .... because this machine suffer of fpdma issue on atapi device if on sata1

the others i dont have solution ... just cry

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Quote:
is not only mine issue, this issue other people see like hd led,power led turned on when the machine is powered off.

... and I told you that even people with x86 motherboards can have this issue.

Quote:
reported to trevor 2 times, 3 email to aeon (trevor and matthew) for ask an water cooling solution ... result no reply. Plus for my discovers, alfa testing, found issue, made linux working, try to find possible solutions i knowed thru an happy email that i pay the machine more than the people that will start beta testing now(!!!!) and this made me really nervous.

I'll be blunt: when you build a machine yourself then adequate cooling is your responsibility, especially if you want to go the water cooling route. I've never blamed anyone when I decided my A1-XE's cooling was inadequate for the climate I was in.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

ok i understand now x5000 can be used in poles and not in italy ... is better warn user about "this machine need to work at home temperature not more hight then 28° celsious or you will face freeze if work in smp"

by the way, i ask aeon what kind of water cooling system can be compatible to p5040 because was my intention buy it ... and no reply.
when an object is in garancy and prize more than a motorbike im sorry but for me is normal ask the producer...

about issue with pc ...never in my life i see too much problems on a machine like i face on this one. i build my pc,my amiga, my macs from 1990 and the worst mobo never gave me this issues.

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have "breadboarded" my Sam 440ep and used an other big PSU.

The Sam boots, but ? But stops at
"Boorting AmigaOS4.1 Final
Kickstart/onchip memresource.kmod"
What can I do?

I first tried to boot wth OS4.1 FE :no success
There is a CD-ROM r/w but no DVD r/w on the machine
U-boot presents only onboard SATA cd rom or USB CD-ROM as boot options, , no DVD
That's probably why I never installed OS4.1FE coming on a DVD

I have the OS4.1 and the OS4.1 ipdate2 CD-ROM s
I tried both but they did not boot

I guess buying a DVD r/w will not make suddenly appear a DVD boot option in u-boot version 1.3.1

Is there a method to update u-boot directly?
Or should I concentrate on debuggingthe present setup?

Edited by JosDuchIt on 2017/9/17 19:17:34
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Kickstart/onchip memresource.kmod is for sam460 only so it could halt the boot on the 440.

But If you can't edit the kicklayout file this information is useless.

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@davebraco
With the os4 .1 install CD-ROM present and using boota command from u-boot cli the boot completed and i was able to check partitions
I am going to,try the same with update2 CD-ROM

===
In fact your hint about "Kickstart/onchip memresource.kmod is for sam460"

was very usefull. I remembered havng tried, two weeks ago,to use theHD on my SAM460ex (without success) and having installed OS4.1FE there.
After having cleaned up the sys partition, with the DVD OS4.1FE booting this time, i could succesfully install the sam440ep OS4.1FE

Thanks, I am starting to breathe more easily :)

Edited by JosDuchIt on 2017/9/20 16:40:53
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)