Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: some usefull gnu utility
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
As far as i understand it, sourceforge one was old, and not used much anymore, instead, https://github.com/sba1/adtools are recent one (all in all its Sebastian who mostly works on gcc for os4, so..).

And that one from Jens, probably pure clone, just for sake of save-in-case-somewhere-it-will-deletes.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e @ xenic

The reasons for Sebastians github adtools "fork" are explained in some detail on the front page of the github/sba1/adtools site. No need to speculate

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
The reasons for Sebastians github adtools "fork" are explained in some detail on the front page of the github/sba1/adtools site. No need to speculate

I understand what Sebastion is doing but for someone who hasn't been following the adtools changes, things could be a little confusing. For example, if you search for adtools at Github, you will find sba1/addtools but not Jen's adtools that has repositories for multiple developer tools. On the other hand, if you search for clib2 you will find sba1/clib2 and adtools/clib2. Then there are the repositories for a lot of the developer tools that are at Sourceforge but have actually been moved to Jen's adtools at Github.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@hnl_dk
After a close look at my current SDK, I think I understand why the coreutils are mixed in with gcc and binutils. If you install Sebastion's beta tool chain as GCC_5.x.x in the SDK, you can change the GCC: assignment to SDK:GCC_5.x.x to compile with the newer toolchain without disturbing the files in SDK:local/C. The coreutils in GCC_5.x.x will be found first when compiling with the newer GCC. Changing the GCC: assignment back to the original GCC directory will then allow you to compile with the original stable toolchain. Smarter people probably understood that before I did.

I still think your coreutils archive should contain a readme file explaning that the original SDK coreutils will be deleted. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to add some lines to the installer script informing the user that the original files will be deleted and offer a choice as to whether to continue with the install or not.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic
The one part of the SDK was also my port.
People still have the possibility not to choose to install it.
If anyone would find a bug, please report it, just like Hubert did and I will fix it (and I also have a backup of old files, in case someone needs it).

Best regards,
hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)