Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 27 »
Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

You could also add the Enhancer wave and mpega (assuming thats the datatype playing MP3 sound files). I was considering changing the USBSound code to calculate the sound play time from the SDTA_SamplesPerSec and SDTA_SampleLength attributes but the Enhancer wave and mpega datatypes return 0 for the sample length.

I'm not sure about this, mpega at least might be a streaming subclass I think I'll just email Kevin and ask him to look at this thread ...

Quote:

Also both the Enhancer and OS4FE sound.datatype return incorrect SDTA_SamplesPerSec, SDTA_BitsPerSample & SDTA_SampleLength for CDDA sounds files ripped from a music CD. They return 8 bit samples at 22050 samplerate and questionable sample length. You can include that it a bug report to AmigaKit and the OS4.1 bugzilla.

You have to set the sample size to 16 or 32 (or 24 or float with the new aeon one) or else the samples are always converted to 8bit, for compatabilty I suppose, at least that's how I read the autodoc.

I could also be down to the cdda subclass, especially if it's old.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
You have to set the sample size to 16 or 32 (or 24 or float with the new aeon one) or else the samples are always converted to 8bit, for compatabilty I suppose, at least that's how I read the autodoc.

My reading of the autodoc states that for cases where AHI is unavailable.

Hopefully, the issues I've pointed out will be fixed (especially SDTA_ReplayPeriod).

Thanks for helping and looking into this.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Our sound guru, Kevin has quickly fixed this (thanks Kevin!). Would you like a binary to verify ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
Quote:
Our sound guru, Kevin has quickly fixed this (thanks Kevin!). Would you like a binary to verify ?

Certainly. I'll PM you with an email address. Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure everyone using Enhancer will appreciate it too.

EDIT: PM sent.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Unless Kevin made another update since I emailed him last night (and it was quite late at that point) in response to the first fix, then only the first of thr two issues is fixed at this point.

I'm sure the second fix wil be just as quick, but just flagging it up to avoid confusuion.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
I PM'd Amigakit but didn't get a binary. However, you know what the problems are and can test an updated sound.datatype before it's release.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

New Sound DTC 53.29r sent your email box

Please let me know when you receive by return email.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

I just received your email and replied. The new (fixed) datatypes fix the problem with external sound files in my USBSound porgram. The 8svx and WAV datatypes now return fairly accurate time, samplesize & sample length. The mpega datatype is now returning the same attributes accurately for MP3 files but that may depend on the accuracy of the MP3 file header.

The time for CDDA files seems accurate but both the new Enhancer sound. datatype AND the OS4.1FEu1 sound.datatype show exactly half the samplesize and samplerate with questionable sample length. That may be because (as the autodoc states) CDDA sounds are converted to 8 bit samples at half the samplerate if AHI is unavailable. That may have likely been the case for OS3 but AHI will always be used in OS4 so it wouldn't hurt to change an OS4 sound.datatype to return the correct attributes (16 bit at 44,100 sample rate (freq)).

I'm happy with the fixed datypes and other programmers & users will probably be happy too.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on my bug report.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thats great news! Thanks for testing.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

The CDDA datatype is quite ancient, much like the FLAC datatype I discussed in a related email, therefore they probably downsample to 8 bits when decoding the file.

Only sound datatype sub classes since 2011 are likely to be aware of the 16/32 sample size support in sound.datatype, and only the a-eon ones are likely to support the new 24/float sample size options.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Can i get a confirmation or rejection on my MultiEdit bug, please?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
The CDDA datatype is quite ancient, much like the FLAC datatype I discussed in a related email, therefore they probably downsample to 8 bits when decoding the file.

Only sound datatype sub classes since 2011 are likely to be aware of the 16/32 sample size support in sound.datatype, and only the a-eon ones are likely to support the new 24/float sample size options.

Actually, I think CDDA music files are being played by the aiff.datatype and it's probably that datatype that needs to be updated by A-EON or the OS4 devs in order to have it play 16 bit sound and report 16 bit attributes.

I'm suggesting that aiff.datatype be updated. If Kevin has the skills to create the mpega.datatype and an updated WAV datatype, I'm assuming he could create an updated aiff.datatype for the next Enhancer release

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Thank you for taking care of my bug report

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

AHI does not support float/doubles, so well...
you might add support to datatypes but it will need to be converted back to 16bit before playback.

CDDA is 16bit stereo 44100 bytes per sec.

But it seams that float / double format is becomes more common now days, I guess its because its easier to mix, with out degrading quality.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Since I installed the update to the Enhancer package, I have completely lost Ringhio notifications. No programmes give a notification, and when I run Prefs and click Test, nothing happens.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@daveyw

That's exactly the problem I had, and Notification Prefs was crashing too. I ended up reverting to the previous version of both and still had to reset to defaults in prefs before notifications started appearing again.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

@Forum maintainer

Maybe a new entry in the "Software Support" forum would be possible?

That's really up to the author(s) of the enhancer package. If they want a support forum here then we'll be happy to add one.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Maybe the updated Ringhio will work for you, now that you've reset your preferences? Should be easy to test, as you can extract/copy the new Ringhio Server somewhere, and temporarily have WbStartup run it instead of the original.

@all/amigakit
nubechechorre posted a bug report here:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=107458#forumpost107458

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

I keep meaning to try it again but haven't got round to it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

I figured it out. When I open Notification Prefs, Screen Coverage, Pop-Up Transparency, and Pop-Up time all have a default value of 0. So, no notifications.

I have to move the sliders to select a value. It seems very buggy to have a default value that isn't even selectable. Also, Transparency ranges from 180 % to 255 % ????

A lot of the other values that are selected by default aren't recognised by the programme. For example, the default position according to the GUI is bottom right. If I click Test, the notification is bottom left. If I actually want it bottom right I have to select another value (e.g., Bottom Left) and then re-select bottom right.

So it's a pretty buggy GUI.

Possibly, as ChrisH said, it might work for you now that you've re-set your preferences?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 27 »