Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

saimo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

System -> Mounter [Solved]
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have added a bootable partition to Parthenope's bootloader and now I have two boot partitions that I can choose at startup. These two partitions are the DH0: and the DH7:. When I boot from DH7: i can hide the DH0: from the Workbench's preference and this is very handy because avoid confusion but what I would like to do is to not mount the DH0: at all. So i tried to use the Mounter's tooltype options and that's what i did after reading the documentation:

PUBSCREEN=Workbench
DEVICE
=sii3114ide.device
UNIT
=0
PARTITIONS
=DH7: |ADH8: |DH1: |DH5:
(
NOUNMOUNT)
(
NOREMOUNT)
(
QUIET)
(
MASK=<hex value>)
(
CX_PRIORITY=0)
CX_POPKEY=alt shift f10
CX_POPUP
=YES
DONOTWAIT

If I understood right, the UNIT option and the PARTITIONS option should be used together and in the PARTITIONS option I should set the name of the partitions that I want to mount and that's what I did but it doesn't work as it should because I can still "see" the DH0: from the Shell and, that's strange for me, if I try to run the Mounter program it doesn't work, I cannot see any gui on the Workbench, but if I comment the tooltype options of the program's icon except for the DEVICE I can see the program's gui.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help,

Edited by nubechecorre on 2017/2/27 23:21:28
Go to top
Re: System -> Mounter
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Your normal partitions are not mounted via mounter, for one thng it couldn't be accessed until they are mounted, so attempting to disable via it wuill have no efect.

If DH0: is a boot partition then I suppose it should always be automounted, other wise you would be able to boot from it.

So your best bet might be to add

assign DISMOUNT DH0:

to your user startup

I too keep my alternate boot partitions hidden in WorkBench, but I keep them available via filer or shell as I inevetiably want to transfer files between them at some point.

Go to top
Re: System -> Mounter
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
thanks for taking the time to read my thread and giving me usefull informations! now it makes sense!
Thank you!

Go to top

Register To Post