Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 53

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »
Re: vpdf ? vpdf!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
It happens when you go to the 3rd page (aprox).
AmiPDF doesn't show any problem.

Can you compile a more verbose debug version so we can see what its trying to do VPDF?

Will try with beta03 and see wat happens.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo
Probably got it : can't get snoopy output before (when it fail with such error), so thinking that nothing open, but it just goint to free/slow mode, and so no output was.

Then, i rebuild vpdf with my old fontconfig port which i use for odyssey (where those config files uses as PROGDIR:cont/font/font.conf), and then, i can see by snoopy that this file is taken once i meet 3st page of your file.

I do not know why and for what it opens (as nothing generates anymore, and db.cache file in the PROGDIR, and morphos release didn't have that directory), but at least there is one situation when this file is used by fontconfig. Maybe kiero a bit modify it (fontconfig library i mean), so it ruled out that situation, but well.. It works with my old port of fontconfig and that conf files from vpdf sources. Through will be intersting to check your pdf on morphos as well to compare.

So, we need that conf directory with all shit anyway, and then need to rewrite that part in font.conf on which you point out before.

Edited by kas1e on 2017/1/11 16:03:14
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

AOS4.1FE already has a fontconfig (IIRC in FONTS:.fontconfig), so maybe you can point to use such files instead of VPDF's own fontconfig.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo
Its is probably very very different (and how it ported, and how it works). Also whole VPDF based on the XPDF, Poppler and Cairo, and all includes of which links togehter with each others, all of this referes to VPDF code and includes, all the stuff full of c++ classes and co , so in end of all, it is probably better to write some new font backend without refering to fontconfig at all (as Joerg do for his old OWB), but that for sure hard work.

I also do check now some stuff about our little moment when it want fontconfig file from conf/font/font.conf : if we write there where we have fonts on os4, it start to rebuild ALL the fontcache (new one, again), as it do for Odyssey ( few minutes ?). But when there is just "sys:fonts/" it is somehow uses needit fonts only, and no loose time on rebuilds.

Our fonts are already in "fonts" which come with vpdf, its probably some mistake somewhere in libfontconfig port or whatever, and by unluck want to toach config in that place. But imho better to not rebuild anything, and just use original file in conf (without references to MOSSYS: of course): for users everything will works, will works fast and no problems and crashes.

In other words, will make all good now :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version (beta5):

-- Fixed overbound of tabs when text of one is big enough (usually it even overwrite whole mui window's bounds). Thanks to Thore.

-- Fixed error when fontconfig want conf file and that one wasn't found. Thanks samo and jabirulo for report.

There is (As usuall install to fresh directory):
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/vpdf/vpdf_beta_05.lha

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

wont work here.. get this error on stratup "Please install newer mui5, r5633 minimum" Using here last MUI beta from 1.1.2017

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Try to download and install latest nightly build from here: http://muidev.de/downloads

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo
Quote:

wont work here.. get this error on stratup "Please install newer mui5, r5633 minimum" Using here last MUI beta from 1.1.2017

Only amiga :) r5633 is about 3-4 days old only. So your one are old already. Grab yesterdays one from muidev.de there:
https://muidev.de/download/MUI%205.0%2 ... 5.0-20170111r5652-os4.lha

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

:) DL last nightly build and it works , thanx @jabirulo

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Don't loose your time with it, GUI will stay as it original

Well that was nothing radical ... just a little redesign of the various buttons/sliders because actually they are placed incoerently

Consider that VPDF is divided in two columns, the one to the left for the content, while the second column for the preview/thumbnail

So that changes could be made, for example:

1 - The "Page" slider width could be reduced (actually it take so much space)
2 - The "Search" area width instead could be incresead a bit, too low space ...

2b - In that way the "_Prev" and the "_Next" button could be fit better into the column and not "invade" the column to the right

3 - There is too much space between the buttons, if you reduce that space a bit then the "Select" and the "Scroll" button could be placed better in the column at the left

4 - The "Outline" button should be placed centrally, just below the thumbnail column (at the right)

5 - Add program name/version/date text into the title area of WB ..

P.S.
Thanks for the fontconfig fix, as you see now i was tested it seriously ))

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Some good news ! Thore add to mui's title that:
Quote:

"the new text eliding feature will be applied to too long texts by adding a trailing ellipsis for shortened texts. The latter will be applied for true instances of Title class, but not for instances of Register class for compatibility reasons."

What it mean for us is : in Odyssey and VPDF, when text in tabs will be too long and not fits into the tabs (after resizig), there will be "..." at end of text, and not just skipping of text as it was before. So user visually will know that there is something in. I.e. like in all others modern GUIs. Waiting next nightly for checking!

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

beta05 working fine with such "problematic" Odyssey PDF

MSG_TOOLBAR_MARK and MSG_TOOLBAR_SCROLL are mutal exclusive when you click one the other gets disabled and are working ok, but if you have MARK active/recessed and you click again on it it just get raised and MARK option still working.

What I mean can the raising event/option on such button be omited as is working in the 4 buttons of LAYOUT (SinglePage, Continuous, TwoFaces and TwoFacesContinuous)?

Nice new upcoming MUI version by Thore!!!!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo,samo
will note that all for later

@all
Btw, did anyone test command line options as well as rexx ones ? Is they all works ?

I found that in code about rexx commands:

Quote:

rexx port: static const struct MUI_Command rexxcommands[] =
{
{ "ABOUT", NULL, 0, (struct Hook *)&RexxHookAbout},
{ "SAVE", NULL, 0, (struct Hook *)&RexxHookSave },
{ "OPEN", "FILE/K,NEWTAB/S", 2, (struct Hook *)&RexxHookOpen },
{ "APPTOFRONT", "APPTOFRONT/S", 1, (struct Hook *)&RexxHookAppToFront },
{ NULL, NULL, 0, NULL }
};

And that about ReadArgs (command line):
Quote:

#define ARG_TEMPLATE "FILE/M,NEWAPP/S,APPTOFRONT/S"

Is it all works ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

i tried the args from shell.
woks nicely.

but i don't see APPTOFRONT doing anything? what is it expected to do?
the window is not sent to front...

regards...
michael

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MichaelMerkel
Can't check code right now, but probably it should bring vpdf window on top of all other windowses and make it active

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

A little typo in about window, in the "version" line the:

"copyright 2009-2012 by Michal Wozniak"

could be removed as it's already present and updated on the line below

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
That done specially, first line version/revision and copyright just for, and second one pure copyright one. That done by author originally, and he probably want it be like this.

@MichaelMerkel
I checked code, and rexx's AppToFront seems not implemented:

Quote:

case REXX_APPTOFRONT:
break;

And argument's one code looks a bit strange too, dunno if it should works at all (see in vpdf.c).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version (beta6):

-- when use "mark" option marking area renders and selects better.
-- selection of pages in main window and in outline window renders correctly now
-- results of searching renders correctly now, too.
-- name of program and version in WB title bar when main VPDF window is active (before was nothing)

Remember to install latest nightly of MUI as well:
https://muidev.de/download/MUI%205.0%2 ... 5.0-20170114r5694-os4.lha
(as few days ago was added some fixes which will make use of VPDF better).

There is:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/vpdf/vpdf_beta_06.lha

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

French catalog :
http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/VPDF_french.lha

There are some missing sentences, is it normal ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h
Quote:

French catalog

Got it

Quote:

There are some missing sentences, is it normal ?

Yep, probably. Seems vpdf.cd just incomplete (but i taken one from source directory).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »