Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »
Re: AmigaDeveloper.com Team Progress Update
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i tried to copy and paste the url by email but when i try to open it on firefox it tell me that the cookies are not enabled... very strange problem..

if i give you my paypal account may you add the payment to my account?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Paypal request sent to your email.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
done! payed :) ready to download

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have downloaded and installed the enancher software. After a little bit of use (almost two hours) I had the following problems:

1) everytime I try to change the size of the icons in the XDock, the program crashes and gives me a GR
2) multiviewer sometimes gives me a GR when I try to open a mod file. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
3) TuneNet wasn't able to play any of the radio channels available in the radio playlist that it created. After that I tried to play the radio channels, I opened an mp3 file and after that the program simply didn't work anymore. I wasn't able to play a music file or close the program (TuneNet)

I read the documentation about the window info but I didn't understand what it is for... what's its use?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

2) multiviewer sometimes gives me a GR when I try to open a mod file. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Is MVer crashing or the datatype?

If you can't tell post the stack tracwe part of the GR log.

Quote:

3) TuneNet wasn't able to play any of the radio channels available in the radio playlist that it created. After that I tried to play the radio channels, I opened an mp3 file and after that the program simply didn't work anymore. I wasn't able to play a music file or close the program (TuneNet)

The station data (on a third party site) is out of date, a new interface based on the new shoutcats API needs to be created. It *should* still play radio channels that you find by yourself on shoutcast.com website (via the linked pls file IIRC)

No idea why it should stop playing mp3s after failing to play a radio station, unless it was still trying to connect and got stuck in some indeterminate state.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
thanks for the reply :)

About TuneNet I suspect is what you said, for some reason it try to connect imho..

About multiview I'll tell you as soon as it gives me the error ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Hi,
"1) everytime I try to change the size of the icons in the XDock, the program crashes and gives me a GR"

It works for me.
Could you send me the crashlog and your ENVARC:A-EON/x-dock* files please ?

thanks
Guillaume

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues Quote:
No idea why it should stop playing mp3s after failing to play a radio station, unless it was still trying to connect and got stuck in some indeterminate state.

That used to happen A LOT for me with the old TuneNet... and I think it still happens with the new TuneNet.

BTW, it is also a fairly common occurance that (when streaming radio in TuneNet) the sound suddenly becomes garbled (but still kinda understandable) until I stop & restart the playback. I am guessing that the two AHI buffers have become incorrectly swapped, and so it plays the newer buffer before the old one (and continues alternating the buffers incorrectly).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry my mistake, the problem was not about the size of the icons but about the size of the dragbar.. the changing of that value caused crashes.. or it crashed with a gr or it freezed the system not showing the xdock anymore. But I found that the problem (and i guess it is only me) was the screen resolution. Changing it from 32bit mode -> 16bit mode solved my problems.. I guess that a resolution of 1920x1080 at 32bit is too much for the Sam440ep mini itx with onboard graphic card..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Just another thing. This one is not like a bug, is more like a behaviour. Sometimes I play with the Vice emulator and right now I am using a special version that fixes a lot of problems and when you run it, it opens a console with lots of debug. So, when you run it on AmiDock you can see the console with all the debug but when you run it on XDock you cannot see the console. It is not like a bug for me it is more like a behaviour but I would like to know if it is ok or if there is some option to be activated on XDock..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Check email

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

For VICE problem, could you try to setup it as a CLI or a WB startup in
X-Dock, please ?
For that,
1) unlock the dock (CTRL key or Unlock menu option)
2) RMB on the VICE icon
3) "Modify button"
4) change WB to CLI or CLI to WB

New binary sent to you to debug.

Thanks for your help
Guillaume

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigakit

May you check the installation script? I have just noticed that the diskcache.library.kmod has not been copied during the installation :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
I am trying to buy the enancher software but I have some problems.. When I do the checkout it opens Odissey for the payment but then, when i try to use paypal account to pay, it enters in a loop reloading the login page of paypal.. is there a workaround for this problem?

i tried with netsurf but it locks on a-eon page..

NetSurf does work as I just used it myself.
There are a couple of quirks. The first is that the A-eon/Amistore page detailing the summary of what you're buying is blank. I figured I could check the value on the PayPal page anyway, so just clicked the Proceed to PayPal button regardless.
The second is that you have to disable Javascript (before clicking the button) otherwise PayPal won't work. It complains profusely about Javascript being disabled but otherwise works fine.
I have 2FA enabled and the transaction went through flawlessly.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Do you have any tips so I can enable better compatibility with NetSurf ?

I am keen to get it to work better. I know that Paypal screen is out of my control though.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@amigakit

The main problem is the blank page it throws up (it's not completely blank - there's an empty table and the PayPal button). I didn't examine the page to determine why this was empty, is it generated server-side?

If you check for NetSurf in the user-agent header you could add a note to disable Javascript before clicking the PayPal button.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@amigakit

A couple of thoughts after using/nosing around the various applications:
* MultiEdit should have scrollbars around the text area, rather than scrollbars for the entire window (as per the Style Guide).
* Multiviewer has the same issue, although because of the layout it's "less weird" there (especially with file browser off).
* The clock doesn't appear to have the ability to be resized (maybe I'm being thick?)
* Time Prefs is not compatible with the original Time Prefs - the NTP option in particular does not correspond to the system-wide setting in the original OS version. The DST options are confusing - OS4 has these in Timezone prefs and already does it automatically, so this seems surplus to requirements on OS4 (handy for OS3 though!), and again it doesn't correspond to the OS4 system setting.
* Maybe it's my screen resolution/font size but the icons in the menus (all apps) are way too big.
* SDK file installation is all over the place. Some files under include_h, others in local/common. Please keep it consistent.
* I can't see any documentation/includes for using the new Notification features via application.library/Notify(). Maybe it's not possible?

That's all for now

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Downloading NetSurf now to take a look :)

Quote:
* The clock doesn't appear to have the ability to be resized (maybe I'm being thick?)

It cant be resized dynamically in Skin mode, but if you switch the skin off, it can be resized like the old Clock. In Skin mode you can select a theme from the various directories with the "Change Skin.." menu option. There is sizes in pixels of 64, 80, 128, 180, 256 to choose from. Click Parent in the ASL requester.

Quote:
* Maybe it's my screen resolution/font size but the icons in the menus (all apps) are way too big.

There is an ENV value to reduce the size of these for all Enhancer Software apps that have it enabled added by 'zzd10h'. I will need to find the exact ENV: variable name..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

"I will need to find the exact ENV: variable name.."

Variable name is MenuImageSize

SETENV SAVE MenuImageSize "16" for example

Go to top
Amigans Defender