Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »
Re: Qt beta
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Me ready for test as usual

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Seems like part of the territory.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, I am just posting it here. If you are unsure about beta software, do not download this ;).

Qt.4.7:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5dmnejt9jpumtw/qt4.7-1.0.0beta.lha?dl=0

JuffEd:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxc97je7p3yxj0p/JuffEd.lha?dl=0

Vacuum:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4au3u119f47nejf/vacuum-new.lha?dl=0

As I pointed out, Vacuum is in a very sorry state. But I would like, if someone with a basic understanding of jabber to confront it and point out, where the mistakes are. It also crashes at exit.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Installed and all seems working for now, aniway what new in this new beta ?
I ask because the changelog was not updated ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Really? I can't get juffed to start - not the new version or the old one. However smtube and and screengrab work better and without the widget error. Other utils/games are also split - some work better while others can't start.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Srtest

What does Ranger tell you about JuffEd? Does it exit again after loading, or does it hang? It could be an issue with the tcp/ip stack.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

The only new thing is, that I updated the version number and sorted out a confusion in a couple of includes. Which means, that possibly some old apps will no longer work as they are; they have to be rebuilt.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Funny thing - I grabbed this screen with screengrab of snoopy recording JuffED: https://s30.postimg.org/p1kke63v5/screen1ab.jpg
Then, went to upload it and didn't reboot before that. Suddenly after about 3-4 minutes JuffeED appeared so I also grabbed the result: https://s28.postimg.org/fqdpvxezx/screen1ba.jpg

Now it appears like it always did and also seems to work better after a couple of minutes fiddling with it. I will now test the other qt apps/games to see if they also appear after several minutes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Srtest

Try going into Tools->Settings. Under 'General', please UN-tack 'Open files in existing instance'. Click OK and exit JuffEd. Try to start it again. See, if there is a difference in startup speed.

@all

Has anyone tried Vacuum?? I have just uploaded a fresh version, that fixes a few bugs, including the crash at exit. Please let me know, if it seems to work ok. I have only tried logging on briefly with a newly created jabber account. I cannot communicate with people, because I don't have any contacts, that are online :).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Yep Vacumm crashed at exit also for me .. later i will try your newest version .. for now all seems working normally but i verified only a few softwares

P.S.
The installer text reference of Qt package still say "0.9.4" .. perhaps it should be updated to 1.0.0

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
The installer text reference of Qt package still say "0.9.4" .. perhaps it should be updated to 1.0.0

Of course :).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Qt4.7-Minimal, VacuumIM and JuffEd have all been uploaded to os4depot.net. Have fun, and Happy New Year!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Hi,
with previous Qt (< 2016) or with the current one (today minimal from os4depot) and new FE update 1, we have problem to start SMtube.

It seems that the new libfontconfig.so (FE update1) is linked with libpng16 (or something like that).

Now, SMTube complains about

libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.4.0 but running with 1.6.12

Even when I recompile SMTube with libpng16, it complains the same way.

Is Qt linked with libpng14 ? Is something that I can override in SMTube ?

When I revert to the FE update 0 libfontconfig.so, no problem.

Thx

/Dev/Dev/Qt/SMTube/smtube-16.07/smtube_svn8142/src> gmake
/gcc/bin/ppc-amigaos-c++ -use-dynld -Wl,--export-dynamic -o smtube .obj/mywebview.o .obj/mywebpage.o .obj/mycookiejar.o .obj/loadpage.o .obj/retrieveyoutubeurl.o .obj/supportedurls.o .obj/version.o .obj/lineedit_with_icon.o .obj/filechooser.o .obj/myscroller.o .obj/playerdialog.o .obj/configdialog.o .obj/desktopinfo.o .obj/browserwindow.o .obj/about.o .obj/main.o .obj/sig.o .obj/ytsig.o .obj/codedownloader.o .obj/players.o .obj/qrc_icons.o -L/qt/lib -lQtWebKit -lQtScript -L/qt/lib -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lharfbuzz -lpng16 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lexpat -lxml2 -lssl -lcrypto -lsqlite3 -lpthread -liconv -lxml2 -lbz2 -lz -lm -lintl -ldl -lunix
ld: warning: libbz2.so, needed by /SDK/local/newlib/lib/libfontconfig.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: libxml2.so, needed by /SDK/local/newlib/lib/libfontconfig.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/Dev/Dev/Qt/SMTube/smtube-16.07/smtube_svn8142/src>

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Arg... I think libQtGui.so is linked with fontconfig, so that is probably the reason. I am not sure, how to fix that?

Also, it doesn't complain here. Are you sure, that it is not only a problem with your new build?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
What are actual requirements of these games? Is Radeon HD card required?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@utri007

Well... They are not strictly 'games'... Qt is a multiplatform gui toolkit. JuffEd is a syntax sensitive texteditor for programmers. And Vacuum is a Jabber client. What is your interest in gaming? There is a very nice 'Tower of Goo' version for Qt on os4depot somewhere. It requires miniGL and probably wont work with new RadeonHD drivers. Was it something like that, you had in mind?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

It's not a SMTube bug.
All the QT programs make the same "libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.4.0 but running with 1.6.12 ". And make a fonts scan, every time. The fonts are very small in the qt programs, like SMTube, Juffedit or QTorganoze.

I replace the old libfontconfig.so, and shows "fontconfig" errors, but not more font cache, and the size of fonts are the correct.

I even seem faster than before.

:)

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Alfkill
hi,
"it is not only a problem with your new build?"
no, it occured as soon as FE update 1 was installed with an old build.

I tried to rebuild (with libpng16 and latest libfontconfig to try to solve this problem).

Is it possible for you to rebuild libqt* with libpng16 and/or latest FE upd1 libfontconfig.so ?

thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Ok. I am going away for a few days, so I will look at it next week. Thanks for the report!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

it seems that qPDFView have the same problem

Thanks by advance. ;)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »