Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Rejected file: hwp_muiroyale.lha
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The following file has been rejected due to a fake contact email:

hwp_muiroyale.lha

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Rejected file: hwp_muiroyale.lha
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I hope that new feature will not make authors who want to upload their software give up :)

What i fear is: author will try to validate his email acctount, and sometime it will be in spam box, sometime it will forgotten or skipped, and authors will give up to upload it on os4depot. They even give up to upload sometime as it was before, i fear it will be now even more problematic for them.

I personally _never_ recieve any single mail from os4depot admins, when somebody want to replace my file, or i want to replace other file. Probably there can be problems with validating an account too.

Only uploader will valide any email address he will create for (and never will check it) :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
There have never been "accounts" on os4depot. There's a lot misinformation on how moderation on OS4Depot works and it would be nice if people stopped creating their on personal (un)reality around this issue and instead just asked me how it works.

Anyway, people doesn't seem to want anonymous uploads on OS4Depot and this is the result.

Either people accept anonymous uploads or people accept more control. There can't be both.

Edited by orgin on 2016/9/26 18:46:28
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Do your uploads have passwords? I'm pretty sure that's the only time you'd get an e-mail, and I don't think that's automated either. So I think if you forgot the password, left it blank but otherwise it looked like the same uploader to the admins, it'd be let through.

Ocassionally I've replaced other people's files. I contact the previous uploader if I can, but I don't inform anyone at OS4Depot. The unwritten rule I use is that if I replace someone else's upload/port, then it must be at least as good as the previous version (and if that isn't possible for some reason, the previous version is bundled).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

It's a bloody good job M$ don't use that rule, They'd have to bundle 40 years of products...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MickJT

OS4Depot contact the previous uploader if somebody tries to replace their file.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

I figured that would only be if there was a password. Not sure. In any case, I prefer to contact them myself so they know what to expect. It does depend on what it is though, and whether I'd be replacing something that someone else usually uploads. Not something I do often anyway.

@Severin

You don't agree with my rule? :) Not that you have to! MS is rushing out improperly tested updates lately.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
So far it just seems to be kas1e who is objecting? Anyway, IMHO too early to know whether this new system will mostly work (or not).

@kas1e
You seem to know a lot about the mysterious Uploader

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post