Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 »
Re: BSzili port requests
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
I admit, I know nothing about AmigaOS, so I don't know the limitations. I would assume that OpenGL would probably be an issue? Currently, xoreos runs on my own naive fixed-function OpenGL 1.2 (+ some extensions) code, but it's being overhauled to utilize a shader pipeline. The target would be OpenGL 3.2, with an OpenGL 2.1 fallback path. Would that work on your hardware and OS?

There is no shader support for older cards like the Radeon R200 based cards which are still the most commonly used cards on OS4. They are supported by the native Warp3D API and there's an MiniGL implementation. Hans De Ruiter is probably the best person to ask questions about what functions are implemented.

Hans has also created a new shader based API for A-EON called Warp3D Nova, currently certain Radeon HD7000, R5 and R9 cards are supported. An OpenGL ES2 wrapper for Nova is being developed by Daniel Müßener(Daytona).

Both developers are registered on this site.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rob

Quote:
There is no shader support for older cards like the Radeon R200 based cards which are still the most commonly used cards on OS4.

R200 based systems are probably going to be too slow for those games anyway, Neverwinter nights (my favourite) was abysmal on a less than 1ghz mac, so sam440 & flex, micro, xe & se are going to be pushed to their limits on CPU, add the memory constraints on some of them and it's looking bad.

Personally I would love to see Neverwinter Nights on my X1000 & R7770HD using Nova

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DrMcCoy
The current OpenGL 1.2 pipeline could work. I said no, because development is still in its early stages.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DrMcCoy

it build on linux ppc.
i will try soon if working right there 8)

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:
I said no, because development is still in its early stages

Okay. :)

@Severin
Even my laptop with an RV350 back in the day was only okay-ish with NWN, yeah. KotOR and KotOR2 were basically unplayable.

@Rob
Ah, so targetting OpenGL ES instead of desktop GL would be the way to go? Right now, xoreos doesn't support that (and GLEW, which we're using to mangle GL extensions, doesn't do ES either, unfortunately), but it's on the long TODO list.

@tlosm
Please do tell me (or better yet, file a bug report on the GitHub issue tracker) if it doesn't work. :)

Especially if you're running in big endian mode. It should still work (since the file reading code is based on ScummVM's), but I have only tested xoreos on little endian machines so far.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

Hi, I know this is not a game, but may you please fix/port VICE (C64) to the most recent version, plus with working sound etc.

The version on OS4Depot now is pretty buggy with OS4.1 FE, and gaming on is of no point at this moment :S

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rob
Quote:
... Radeon R200 based cards which are still the most commonly used cards on OS4.

The results of the last poll that I did say otherwise...

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DrMcCoy
Quote:
Even my laptop with an RV350 back in the day was only okay-ish with NWN, yeah. KotOR and KotOR2 were basically unplayable.

FYI: The machines with R200 cards (SE, XE, Micro) are G3 or G4 800Mhz and usually 512MB of ram. Sam flex's are slower (mine is 733Mhz) but have 1GB ram. The basic sam440 is even slower.

The ones that would reach a minimum spec are X1000, X5000, & Sam460, The Tabor might just manage it but it's classed as entry level so not sure. The Tabor and X5000 are not available to the public yet anyway.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

i strongly suggest to make a warp3d first and nova on 6xxx. i know users that have this cards. one is me.
the si are not supported on linuxppc or better there is a really huge endianess there ... glamouregl crash when invoched.
radeon 6xxxx are a good cards that make x1000,x5000,tabor and 460 have 3d working on os4 and 3d working on linuxppc.
and like me i hope in future many of us will use only their ng as the only one computer .
note 3y ago was sold many 6xxx because was annonced the compatibility.
i love my amiga

ps: i have a si too but not used because working only on os4 and good

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Marko
I didn't have time to fix the sound issues yet, but there's a workaround:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=98390#forumpost98390

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tlosm

I did the same bought an 6850 card, wasnt cheap that time and later i had to get a 7xxx card. I can guess many people did the same as announced. Today still nothing. Pretty bad

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

Ok I will try that out, thanks

Btw, would a "small" donation help..?

EDIT:

Donated, but Reference should be VICE C64 for AOS4.1 FE

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm and @kicko

Quote:
i strongly suggest to make a warp3d first and nova on 6xxx...

Yes, I know that the Radeon HD 6xxx situation sucks. However, realistically I only have the time to work on drivers for one GPU series. Normally there are multiple people working on drivers for one series, and not the other way around.

I'd welcome drivers for other GPUs, but other people need to step up and make it happen.

As for the Linux endianness issue, you could ask the Linux porting team about running it in little-endian mode. That's what IBM's doing.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
As for the Linux endianness issue, you could ask the Linux porting team about running it in little-endian mode. That's what IBM's doing.

Yes they are working on it, plus Alex with A-Eon gave a X5000 board to one Mesa Developer who is fixing endianess on Radeon colors.
will see in future

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Marko
It definitely gives me some motivation. I'll get back to it next month to figure out what breaks the non-cycle based SID emulation and small fragment sizes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

port last mame 0.174 pls

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlosm
New versions of MAME are excruciatingly slow.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlosm
You might want to ask Spirantho who did the previous MAME port:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... n/gamesystem/sdl_mame.lha

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

i dont see him from many time

last login 2015/8/24 9:14

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top