Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

RadziN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CyberVisionPPC problems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi lads & lassies,

I'm having problems with my new CVPPC card. The 'passthrough' works fine, i.e. Early Startup and the without S-S Shell shows just fine. But if I run "showcgxconfig" I get "0 graphics cards found" and CGXMode wont even start.

The thing is I had a totally diferent CSPPC/CVPPC combo a while back with the _exact_samt_ symptoms. But I gave that CVPPC to someone when I got my Mediator, and it worked in his machine! So I'm afraid it's the CSPPC board itself that's having problems with the graphics card.

Anyone who's heard of something like this? I just won't belive that I had such bad luck as to get TWO broken CSPPC's.

edit: oh, and the hardware is an A3000T with 3.1 ROMs and I honestly don't know if it has the INT2-fix or not. Is there any way to tell without disassembeling the whole computer? The CSPPC and it's SCSI works fine. Although I've been havign some problems with termination due to lack of appropriate hardware.

Cheers,
/shoe

Go to top
Re: CyberVisionPPC problems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@shoe

I had these quirks recently, too. Solution was a complete re-install of the cgfx software. I used V42rc6 for this. CVPPC works flawlessy now.

Notez bien: I had no success reactivating the CVPPC by installing the CGFX V4 (CD version) software over my old installation. Only a complete reinstall with rc6 (rc5 should do the trick too) worked. Perhaps it has something to do with the OS-version installation quirks older CGFX versions had. Remember? There were problems with OS3.9 and older versions of cgfx V4, no CGFX screen modes and such.

Greetz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@whose

hmmm, sounds interesing. Thanks will try that asap.

/shoe

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@shoe

I was going to suggest the same thing. I had similar problems with a couple of CSPPC & CVPPC set-ups. Only a clean install solved the problem with both systems.

Good luck.

TrevorDick

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks guys,

unfortunately it wasn't that simple for me. Tried every possible combination. Even got a tip to try CGX V3 so I did that on a _clean_ 3.1 installation, but with the exakt same result as earlier. And I tried with OS3.1/3.9 and the latest (rev6) CGX release. Also flashed the CSPPC and played with the CSPPC-menu settings to see if anything helped.
Also tried it in my A4000D. Same thing. Boot menu and no-SS-Shell works ok, but as soon as SetPatch runs the image freezed (as it should I guess) and the CVisionPPC doesn't make a sound after that.

No luck this time I guess.

Go to top

Register To Post