Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

quick question about a1200 upgrade.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all. I was wondering if there is any way to use a Picasso IV gfx card with a mediator? My tax return is coming in pretty quick now, and I can get ahold of one fairly cheap. Also if the Picasso IV doesn't work, is there any pci gfx card that can auto-promote AGA/ECS screenmodes like the Picasso does, without needing a monitor switch/scandoubler? Thanks for any help. (I want better gfx, but still wanna play Frontier Elite II!!!)

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: quick question about a1200 upgrade.
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kvasir

The only way to use the PicassoIV is if the mediator has a video expansion slot same as the bigbox Amigas.

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kvasir

Quote:

kvasir wrote:
without needing a monitor switch/scandoubler? Thanks for any help. (I want better gfx, but still wanna play Frontier Elite II!!!)

What so bad in monitor switch or scandoubler?
BTW: some new monitors have two inputs...(samsung 700IFT here has)
I use here a "manual" monitor switch(with "handle"). 12US$ including vat here (more than 5 years ago).

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

The only way to use it and have a mediator board is to use the Elbox/Winner ZIV board with the mediator addon and videoslot enabler so you can use the Picasso IV in the Zorro slots and the scanndoubler in the videoslot..not sure if the videoslot is inline with the Zorro slot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kvasir

Can also go for a external scandoubler/flickerfixer. I used one on my a4k. Worked without problems.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Yeah, I might wanna do that. I remember some sort of switch on amigakit that mounts on a 5.25" bay for that, I'm guessing that would be the most cosmetic solution. I'm towering my 1200 partially because I'm sick of all the wires snaking about my compuer desk. (ethernet cable sticking out the pcmcia slot, ide ribbon cable sticking out just behind it, etc...) Plus, I would like fullcolor gfx for a slick looking WB, and less grainy floyd steinberg dithering on my browser on my 64 color 800x600 screen. (Plus 1024x768 or higher would be nice) I also ran accross a display adapter (For windows, though it uses standard vga signals) that splits a 3072x768 screen into 3 independant 1024x768 outputs. 3 monitors on my miggy would be sweet! (Anybody know about/use such a gadget?)

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kvasir

Quote:

kvasir wrote:
@Antique

Yeah, I might wanna do that. I remember some sort of switch on amigakit that mounts on a 5.25" bay for that, I'm guessing that would be the most cosmetic solution. I'm towering my 1200 partially because I'm sick of all the wires snaking about my compuer desk. (ethernet cable sticking out the pcmcia slot, ide ribbon cable sticking out just behind it, etc...)

Get a case that is designed to allow using the pcmcia slot ,maybe with right angle pcmcia adapter. I have Ateo case here, hade to put it upside down, flip the cdrom and cdrw to prevent the gravity from disallowing of placing cds in the trays, and drill the bottom of the case (that points up now, other people don't even notice, even with amiga+commodore sticker and logo upside down) to allow connection pcmcia network card.

Not to mention all the ribbon cables and the wires inside the case (Ateo bus and audio cable in and out of clockport prelude, a-la some older Renault models, real noodles factory there)

The only difference that there are no hanging wires outside, all are inside.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post