Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 65

samo79, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

YouTube videos
Supreme Council
From Sweden
I was thinking about adding embedded youtube videos to OS4Depot. People would submit them like the snapshot feature by stating the short video link and some extra data and then you'll be able to see all youtube videos related to a file on its readme page.

I'm not promising to add this, but if people are interested then I might get interested to add it as well. So what do you think?

I do know that viewing youtube videos on AmigaOS 4 is .. well, less than optimal, but anyway.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
   Report Go to top

Re: YouTube videos
Just popping in
@orgin

I support your idea :)

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Gothenburg / Sweden
If i understand you right its like the usual picture snapshots but also support for youtube videos. Sure it would be cool :) says more then pictures

Report Go to top

Supreme Council
From Sweden
Anyone else who think this is a good idea?

There was a few people earlier this year that wanted me to add ftp upload support so I spent quite some time on that, but so far the feature has been seriously underused. I wouldn't want to spend time on this YouTube thing with no one actually using it.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
   Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Finland, the land of Santa, sauna, sisu and salmiakki
@orgin

It depends on how much developers are willing to put time and efforts making videos of their apps. Programmers wants to usually do programming only and not writing manuals or making videos and so on. Of course, such videos would be useful to end users. If end users would make those videos it would be even better. Everytime os4depot has new uploads I'll check the snapshots at first, if there's any.

Regarding FTP, people who have gotten used to using the web form for uploading will most likely keep using it because it's familiar already. Wasn't it made for those who want to use scripting to automate uploads.

Edited by TSK on 2015/11/27 11:13:00
   Report Go to top

Not too shy to talk
From Sweden
@orgin

It would be good I think. When e-mailing a friend to show something a video says a lot.

Then it's up to the developer to decide if it's worth making a video or maybe some user makes a video instead.

Sounds like a good idea. Also if you let people visit the site videos are the best way of showing off software.

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From England
@orgin Quote:
There was a few people earlier this year that wanted me to add ftp upload support so I spent quite some time on that, but so far the feature has been seriously underused.

I will definitely use that myself... I just haven't had anything to upload yet.

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From England
@orgin
I have my doubts that YouTube videos will be commonly used, simply because it's going to be very difficult (impossible?) to create (decent quality) videos for the Amiga AFAIK.

It's not like we support NVidia ShadowPlay, and software-based capture will heavily slow down the software being captured, while video captured using a mobile phone is going to be horrendously poor quality (from what I've seen anyway).

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From a story that hasn't been written yet
@ChrisH

What about Screen Recorder?

Never used it, but if it works it should be the way to do a video capture...

-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr.
   Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Lyon, France
@orgin

Nice idea and I think I remember it's not rocket science to add an embedded video tag.

Report Go to top

[Advanced Search]