Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
cpuinfo_docky.lha upload still pending?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I uploaded the file cpuinfo_docky.lha but is still waiting in the uploads, yet it was uploaded before the hivelytracker archive which has been available for some time now. It's not a replacement to a previous file and I have not received any email regarding problems with the upload.

Please Advise.

Go to top
Re: cpuinfo_docky.lha upload still pending?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@COBRA

Seems fine by me, I guess spotUP didn't have time for both files when he approved hivelytracker.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

OK, thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

It's available for download now & ppl can select the "upload" link & grab a file from there before it's checked.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

Nice :)
You mean add time and date ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa

You mean have all that crammed into the docky? You wouldn't be able to see the graph anymore.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@COBRA
I think the docky is very cool at the moment. Please don't overload it.

@mufa
It think it is better, if we get an another docky with a clock and date.

AmigaOne XE G3 750FX 800Mhz/2 GB Ram + Radeon 9000PRO 128MB +AmigaOS4.1
A4000T CyberstormPPC 604e-200Mhz/060/128MB+CybervisionPPC 8MB +AmigaOS4
and anymore other Amigas...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

I wish cpuinfo_docky and cpuclock_docky mix:

http://amigaone.neostrada.pl/pic/docky.jpg

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa
Stephen actually created pretty much that before removing the clock and date to make cpuinfo.docky...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaPapst

Today not exist ideal time & date docky (cpuclock_docky conflict to cpuinfo_docky, system clock_docky no display date).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hmmm, the CPUClock docky sources I have do not display the date, maybe it was updated since I asked for the sources. It'd be very easy though for me to enable displaying of the clock together with the CPU percentage. It'd be even better to be able to change some parameters of the docky (size, colours, etc.) but I don't have much time to have a look into how that can be done for dockies (tootypes or prefs window maybe)...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @COBRA

Did you know:

I installed it my one docky that had "CPUTemp". My temp is 43C at idle. The temp immediately started climbing to 53C.
Holy crap! I looked at the tower guage and there was no change. Sheeesh! Can't use the docky with "CPUTemp"
docky.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

have you tried checking with SmartMonTools yourself?

I can't believe in these figures, my main HD is at max. 40? when idle (my slave one at 33?) and NEVER goes above 43? (slave 39?), even with maximum HD access.

53? is an awful lot, i only once got that, but then one of my case fans was dead.

A little hint is to build your HDs as down to the bottom as possible in the tower, will save you some degrees.

edit: Sorry, i was talking about HD's temperature :-/

Edited by Raziel on 2007/3/9 8:45:57
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:
I installed it my one docky that had "CPUTemp". My temp is 43C at idle. The temp immediately started climbing to 53C.
Holy crap! I looked at the tower guage and there was no change. Sheeesh! Can't use the docky with "CPUTemp"
docky.
I didn't test CPUInfo.docky yet, but it should be the same as with CPUClock.docky:

If you have a 750 CPU CPUTemp.docky disables (parts of) the CPU when the system is idle (idle.task is running), with only minimal parts of the CPU enabled it gets cooler. But CPUClock.docky installs it's own, higher priorty, idle task replacement, the AmigaOS4 idle.task never gets the CPU as long as CPUClock.docky is running, CPUTemp.docky can't switch off (parts of) the CPU when the system is idle and the CPU gets warmer.

CPUTemp.docky doesn't switch off (parts of) the CPU on 74xx CPUs (yet), but if the CPUClock.docky idle task replacement does anything more than the AmigaOS4 idle.task does you may still get nearly the same effect: With AmigaOS4's own idle.task the CPU itself switches off the units which aren't used using DPM (dynamic power management), with anything more complex running (the CPUClock.docky idle task replacement) that doesn't happen, or at least less parts can be disabled by DPM, and the CPU gets warmer.

BTW: I've uploaded a new version of CPUTemp.docky yesterday.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

The CPUClock.docky (and therefore the CPUInfo.docky) installs a -127 priority task which busy loops incrementing a counter.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Is there a code example somewhere on how to grab the TAU information with C++?
I looked but didn't find something suitable on the net.

Thank you

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

CPUInfo.docky is the same as CPUClock.docky, I just modified the part which produced the output of the measured data. It would be good to combine CPUInfo.docky and CPUTemp.docky into a single docky, which displays the temperature next to the CPU usage.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@joerg

It's impossibe without using (inline) assembler.

Quote:
I looked but didn't find something suitable on the net.

The THRM1-THRM3 (-THRM4 on 750GX/GL) registers are documented in the user manuals of PPC CPUs which officially have a TAU, for example 750FX/FL and 750GX/GL, and on the other CPUs which have a TAU it works the same way, with the same SPR numbers. Of course it crashes if you try to access them on a CPUs without a TAU (for example 604e).
But there is no register you can simply read to get the temperature, and if several programs would try to get it at the same time all would fail ...

If someone wants to write another program to display it as well I could write a cpu.library which returns the current temperature (or -1 for CPUs which don't support it), as well as the current CPU usage since the method used by most programs (CPUCLock.docky, etc.) isn't accurate and breaks everything else trying to do the same as well, and it breaks CPUTemp.docky too. But that would only help if everything displaying the CPU temperature and/or CPU usage would use this new library.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

A cpu.library is a very good idea, we need some central API which can be used by anything that wants to get information about the CPU (temperature, current CPU usage, etc.) although personally I think that such functionality belongs to exec.library.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Raziel wrote:
@joerg

It's impossibe without using (inline) assembler.

Oh, ok

Quote:

If someone wants to write another program to display it as well I could write a cpu.library which returns the current temperature (or -1 for CPUs which don't support it), as well as the current CPU usage since the method used by most programs (CPUCLock.docky, etc.) isn't accurate and breaks everything else trying to do the same as well, and it breaks CPUTemp.docky too. But that would only help if everything displaying the CPU temperature and/or CPU usage would use this new library.

Hmm, that would be a little over the top, wouldn't it?

Nah, i think you should leave it as it is, at least you got the things i need implemented already (SETENV and NOGUI), so i'm ok with how it is.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »