Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 61

Ami603, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

Thank Whoever for recovery disks!
Just popping in
From Hawaii
I'm very happy to see this new forum. I'll probably be bothering it a lot, but I will try to get through the manual once before posting again.

Yesterday I renamed C:LoadWB to LoadWB-old, moved a copy of LoadDB in and renamed it appropriately. Rebooted, and up came DOpus5 just as I had hoped and assumed. But there was also an alert, informing me that DOpus5 seemed to be running already, and advising me not to run it again. I naturally took the advice, but I was/am puzzled why it thought I wanted to run it a second time.

Then I remembered (maybe, remembering is not one of my surviving talents) that going through Epsilon's writeups on DOpus5, I had added a DOpus5: assign to User-startup. Today I changed it to ";assign [etc.]" and rebooted. Permanent black "Amiga OS4.1" screen!

Thank Whoever for recovery disks!

I removed the semi-colon and rebooted and there was that nice DOpus screen again. But something is different. L-Amiga^N got me to a Workbench screen, sort of, with the alert about not running a second instance of DOpus, which I of course canceled. Now all I have to do is figure out why Workbench still (sort of) comes up, as the main (L-A^N) screen, and why it has my dockies, diskLED, CPUInfo, and LimpidClock still on it.

I think I can probably figure that out myself. Tomorrow.

Report Go to top

Re: Thank Whoever for recovery disks!
Just can't stay away
From Gloucestershire, UK.
@kilaueabart

Do you still have dopus in wbstartup? If you have that's the second running.

Set your environment/display to "Workbench:Use" and not "Workbench:clone" which is what I think you are using now and everything should be in the proper places.

Report Go to top

Re: Thank Whoever for recovery disks!
Just popping in
From Hawaii
@Severin

No, I had display set to Radeon HD 5:1680x1050 ARGB32, something I had done trying to get rid of the tiled screen. I just now changed to "Use,"
saved, and suddenly I have only one screen, sort or a DOpus5/WB hybrid. Thank you! I think I'm in business!

By the way, I think "Whoever" is A-Eon Technology.

Report Go to top

[Advanced Search]