Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(solved itself!) anyone got Twitter.com to work with Odyssey?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As the title says, has anyone been able to use Twitter with Odyssey?

If I try to do almost anything, Odyssey just seems to hang forever, as if it is waiting for twitter.com to respond. After which it fails to load ANY page on twitter.com, until I quit & restart Odyssey.

(What I really want to do is Authorize an App with Twitter, but if I can't even do basic stuff on Twitter.com then I don't stand a chance...)

edit: Twitter seems to work fine with Netsurf v3.6, so I'd like to know if it's just my installation of Odyssey which doesn't work...

Edited by ChrisH on 2016/7/30 8:36:13
Go to top
Re: anyone got Twitter.com to work with Odyssey?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Pretty sure Twitter has never worked reliably with Odyssey or OWB. The app authorisation page should work though, it's the JavaScript on the main site which kills it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
It looks to me like Twitter.com expects a premium high speed connection. As I scroll down the main page (and some other pages) I can see in the Odyssey network window that it keeps sending big video files that I didn't request. There's no way Odyssey (or any browser) is going to keep up with multiple 20-60MB video downloads on my economy broadband connection. Netsurf seems to ignore the videos and doesn't appear to download them but botches the page layout slightly.

Odyssey has a menu to disable image loading but I'd like to see a menu to disable videos (and audio in some cases. My Internet connection is just too slow to handle a bunch of giant video downloads.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
It was Twitter's OAuth1.0a page for giving an app permission to access your account which wasn't working for me on Odyssey...

... But I've tried today, and now it seems to be working fine!?! Weird, as I'm pretty sure I tried rebooting without success yesterday.

Oh well, it's working now, and no need for wierd hacks, so I can't complain

P.S. Is it worth sending you GrimReaper crashlogs of crashes I get when exiting NetSurf? The top of the last stack trace looked like this:
Quote:
native kernel module intuition.library.kmod+0x00058df0
[frontends/amiga/gui.c:2992] NetSurf:main()+0xfec (section 1 @ 0x177D60)

(This was for NetSurf 3.3577 (15/06/2016))

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
P.S. Is it worth sending you GrimReaper crashlogs of crashes I get when exiting NetSurf?

If it still does it in the latest build, yes.

Go to top

Register To Post