Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: High end Amiga specs posted
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I agree with Ikir, ACube is the only hardware company in Amiga business that has NOT disappointed in the last years. They have kept their promises and only made announcements they were confident to achieve.
ACK is the contrary of that because he has ALWAYS failed to deliver! I also have read a lot of reports from peoples who complained about his business behavior. If he has no time to pay business partners or send back motherboards, how will that improve in the future when he is even more busy with the new hardwares? How will he do the support?
I have much more confidence in ACube.

Unfortunately I think it is unlikely that OS4 will ever run on SAM. Even IF Hyperion succeeds in the lawsuit, it will not automatically mean they can use OS4 for everything they want.
There will be no winner of the lawsuit. We all loose.

@Troels

Quote:
As I see it now if when Amiga Inc wins the courtcase it will take a long long time (or cost a lot of money!) before they get OS4 up to the level where it is now. As they will clearly not get all sources.

I agree, this will be a BIG problem in the future. The next problem will be that ACK fails again with their promises and only produces vaporware.
And there already IS hardware that can run OS4, we wouldn't have to wait for ACK if it wasn't for this stupid lawsuit!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I sure I remember Amiga Inc saying they were not a hardware company. .

Still, to me the point is moot. I can not go to a dealer and order a system that will run Amiga OS 4. Until that happy day is reached, I am disinterested with the continual infighting that bedevils the Amiga market.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ikir

Quote:
ACk for now has only break promises and timelines...

From IRC log (about entry level system):

Quote:
###ACKCONTROLS### Developer systems will be ready to ship to the select devs mid May'ish.

So, it will be the first test. We will see if it's true, soon

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

The ACK designs look like outsource contracts from other designers. The specifications of the high-end board may likely be a design that the PA-Semi people are producing themselves. What intrigues me is that, since it is a dual-core 64-bit design, this may include modifications that bring AmigaOS 5 features to us early or something.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

I agree, they went about this all wrong. But, I'm not sure they intend to actually release any hardware/OS4 solution to the public.

Just a gut feeling . . .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Damn i want a timemachine. I want to jump a year foward just to know the outcome of all this... :D

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@dIS_NLS

OT
Welcome!
/OT

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

dIS_NLS wrote:
Damn i want a timemachine. I want to jump a year foward just to know the outcome of all this...

Are you sure a year will be enough?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)