Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
High end Amiga specs posted
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well the specs have been posted

Amiga.org

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Re: High end Amiga specs posted
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AJS

Well, sounds amazing, no doubt, but

...not that i want to bash or flame or anything...

...but with all these new connectivity, who will write the
the drivers and/or UBoot/Firmware updates?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AJS

Quote:

AJS wrote:

Amiga.org

hmmm... not yet on the official site. where does amiga.org this information get from?

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:

MichaelMerkel wrote:
@AJS

Quote:

AJS wrote:

Amiga.org

hmmm... not yet on the official site. where does amiga.org this information get from?

byebye...

Well Wayne posted the item, maybe he got it from the horse's mouth ( ACK) as for why it's not on the main site yet they may be waiting for Ray to upload it?

edit spilling mostokes

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If its released this year with OS4.0, I want one.

Hope Hyperion and the Dev's of OS4.0 are not steam-rolled by the court case, and Amiga Inc's. new money. An honorable agreement must be reached by all involved, as a lot of hard work has gone into OS4.0. Business is more than just legal documents, moral issues are just as important.

Cheers,
Tim

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:

afxgroup wrote:

Why?

"A man is only as old as the womans he feels"
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Fransexy

Yes why? I would trade/buy one and use the 50??coupong.
(Optimism is allowed now)

God Your avatar is sexy, can You turn the eyes at the Boingball;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Fransexy

Quote:

Fransexy wrote:
@afxgroup

Quote:

afxgroup wrote:

Why?

Because many peoples prefer hardware that exists (SAM) instead of vapourware (ACK).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helge

Me too I like to see PCB of the ACK products, show me it?s real.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2007/5/8 12:07:51
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

...and don't forget the OS, who is gonna port the kernel to this new architecture if Hyperion loses the lawsuit.
But maybe I am wrong, ACK has offcoure a long list of delivered products and Amiga Inc. 's is even longer. O;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helge

Quote:

Because many peoples prefer hardware that exists (SAM) instead of vapourware (ACK).

All we have is ACube's word on that so they might as well be just hot air for all we know, and they don't run OS4 anyway. AFAIK they haven't even tried to obtain an OS4 license. Are they expecting OS4 to just port itself to their hardware and the licensing issue just magically disappear or what??

At least ACK has managed to contact Amiga Inc. and managed to make a deal for an OS4 license showing that he is more serious about getting OS4 on his h/w than ACube.

In any case more hardware can only be a good thing, as currently there is none.

Personally I am not in the least interested in a board (Sam/lowspec ACK board) that is much worse than the ?A1-C that I have now. This ACK board is something I might buy if it becomes available some day though.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Agreed, looks like a nice beast but I wonder how long it will take to produce and port AOS4x to it. If it is 2-5 years forget it. Amiga Inc need to ship this HW this year with an OS. If the OS is OS5 then Amiga Inc need to say so now or make a statement that it is their intention to use AOS4x, otherwise no deal for me as I would be buying HW for an as yet unknown OS.

ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq

Well, they're claiming "Winter 2007", so that at least, is 7 months which, since the OS proper is now finished, should be doable, since we're really only talking hardware abstraction stuff like drivers.

However, unlike a comment on AOrg, I wouldn't expect lots of drivers for lots of cards, since Adam wants to sell complete systems, not motherboards only.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
If this board comes with OS4 as I know it from my A1-XE-G4 I will buy one.

If it comes with any other developments called AmigaOS4 I might buy it after I have been able to try out that OS on my A1.

Personally it wouldn't be a big chance for me to buy such system as it can always be used for Linux which I use on my laptop anyways.

Hope the lawsuit ends really fast and IF Amiga wins they have the guts (and $$) to contact all who worked on OS4 and make them do contract work (for real money) for AInc.

Still I miss something portable in this productline, either a real laptop or some cool gadget (with good battery time) that could be placed in a dock making it a real computer.

I would have preferred that over the low-end model, which I guess is better than nothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This would have been my dream productline.

A small portable console/PDA/videoplayer that could enter a dockingstation when you're at home. Something ala GP32, to sell cheap to the masses, dockingstation optional. It could even run AA/DE or what ever it's called ;)

A laptop like computer, low speed, low cost, great batterytime! (sell it with a small cut down Linux distro aswell). This is what I have been wishing for the last many years.

OS4 for PS3, because it's sold in millions and it would be great advertisement for the other products.

The ACK high-end board. Makes a nice fast desktop!

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

They contacted Amiga and Hyperion from the start. ACube only annoucne things when thery're done! And what do you know about drivers?? Soft3 & Alternative have supported PROVIDING programmers with FREE hardware! read some past news about ide/sata/sound drivers and see under "thanks to". Do you think that now they're developing an entire MB and changed their mind? For what you know OS4 could already boot on SAM for example... or maybe SAM didn't even exist!!! But if you see the track record of both companies, ACk is not even remotely comparable to ACube.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ikir

I can confirm that. These people lended "a lot" of hardware to several people of the OS4 team. They could help the development of disk drivers for example.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ikir

If they manage to produce something that's fine by me. The more OS4 hardware the merrier I think.

What annoys me the most is how everybody suddenly is jumping at ACK just because he has negotiated a license for OS4. I mean WTF, shouldn't that be a good thing? Before that people were whining about how h/w manufacturers (f.e. Troika) were deliberately avoiding the issue.

To be honest I would like to see both ACK and ACube to come up with h/w.

Quote:

But if you see the track record of both companies, ACk is not even remotely comparable to ACube.

Well their both pretty much non-existant to me (i.e. producing actual motherboards and not just giving away a couple of PCI cards), that makes them comparable IMO.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see ACube succeed as anyone else. I just don't like this witchhunt that seems to be happening ATM with ACK.

Quote:

Do you think that now they're developing an entire MB and changed their mind?

Nowhere have I stated that I think they are a hoax or whatever. Probably they are very much sincere and good people. That doesn't mean that they can't fail though, as has been seen countless of times...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

SAM exist, and i see it before you ever know its exitence. Now the project is complete, and as always ACube has been supportive. This is only my opinion but if the legals problems got fixed, OS4 will be ready before on SAM than anything else, since they used already supported chips/devices and helped devs to port the others. As far we know OS4 could already booting on SAM as already said, for example. If ACK high end board will be on the maket at the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008 and it would need to produce drivers for it... i think the wait is long...

ACk for now has only break promises and timelines anyway i think Adam is genuine and he is very good at project hardware.

In the end remember that AMIGA INC itself says at Pianeta Amiga (Semptember 2006) that they were working with SAM team already.

As now (and this is not an opinion but fact) ACube deserve our attention & support, not ACK. If the high end board will be available, supported by OS4 (Hyperion!!!) i will buy one.... but probably ACube will have already released Moana and Brigitte

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ikir
I agree with most of what you said, only problem it that IMHO it seems Amiga Inc is turning their back on Acube.

To me it seems like they want everything inhouse or as close to that as posible. I honestly think they intend to do something this time and also believe we will see the hardware from ACK.

Like a newcomer wrote on AW it is important for Amiga to get a little control on the market again. to many solutions (MOS,AROS,UAE,OS3+,OS4 + all the dif. hardware) make people confused.
Personally I just don't like the way they are doing things even though they need to do something.

What would have been wise IMHO, was to let Acube release the OS for classic PPC and SAM. Hyperion would then get some revenue from these sales and meanwhile Amiga would have time to talk to each of Hyperions contractors and negotiate something for the future.

Amiga would have lost an income from the ClassicPPC and low-end ACK boards but would have had OS4 out on hardware much much sooner and still been on good terms with the developers! They could even have OS4 prepared for the dual core systems during the 7 months until it's release.

As I see it now if when Amiga Inc wins the courtcase it will take a long long time (or cost a lot of money!) before they get OS4 up to the level where it is now. As they will clearly not get all sources.

It's nice to see Amiga doing something but they do it the wrong way by stopping all developments.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »