Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 »
A1-X1000 with 2GHz Dual Core POWER?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Several reports from the Vintage Computer Show reveal that the mystical Dual-core POWER CPU of the X1000 could be running as fast as 2Ghz, and Trevor indicated this would satisfy most demanding power users! If that is true, then Trevor is indeed correct. This WOULD satisfy most users!

Then again it's the price. I have to be prepared that the price will be somewhere above 1500 euro, up to 2000 euro, but perhaps there will be possible to pick some
of the configurations carefully, except of the speed of
CPU hopefully being locked to 2Ghz, and the memory
between 2-4GB, depending on how much money you have..

It's believed that the X1000 for end-users will be available sometime in autumn 2010. It could be the best guess, but could also mean closer to Christmas this year. It's easy to be frustrated by the wait, but it's important to have everything working as perfectly as possible..

My best suggestion would be to keep saving those money as much as you can. If you still can't afford the X1000, then start off with a SAM460ex. Both will be excellent systems!

Enjoy the summer, folks!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: A1-X1000 with 2GHz Dual Core POWER?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

I've read somewhere that people said 2ghz swell. But afaik it says 1,8hgz at the a-eon page. But 2ghz sounds much better though.

The price is highmbut i'll buy it. But i'll get a sam460 first,and sell that at a nice price when the x1000 is available, Want to upgrade my 440ep.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Helgis wrote:

Then again it's the price. I have to be prepared that the price will be somewhere above 1500 euro, up to 2000 euro, but perhaps there will be possible to pick some
of the configurations carefully, except of the speed of
CPU hopefully being locked to 2Ghz, and the memory
between 2-4GB, depending on how much money you have..

I

The price is 2000?.

2000? = 2430 euro

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

My best bet is that A-EON didn't have time to change some of the information on their site, but i would suppose that 2Ghz is the final clock speed. Fingers crossed! Yes indeed, 2Ghz sounds better!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@seiyas

In Norwegian money, that would be somewhere around 16-17.000 NOK, so yes keep saving the money.

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Helgis

It is possible that would be a 2Ghz Cpu.I hope it also

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@seiyas

Quote:

The price is 2000?.

2000? = 2430 euro

The final price has not yet been announced, the nearest we have is "north of ?1500", which may not be anywhere near 2000.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tommysammy

It's highly possible that the CPU will run at 2Ghz, yes..

@Rigo

I too don't believe the price will be as high as 2000 Euro,
but slightly above 1500 Euro. At least i believe so..

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

North of 1500,might end up in 1501. Would be cool though. Hehe

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helgis

it runs at 1.8Ghz. you've seen the a-eon website yes?

wishing it was 2GHz, or 10GHz doesnt make it true.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@derfs

True, but several show reports stated that the cpu was increased to 2Ghz. Also remember that during the show,
it wasn't much time to do some changes to the A-EON site.

I'm sure Trevor will explain more about the CPU about not too long..

I never said what i said is true. I only mentioned what was said and written in the reports after the Vintage Computer Show. That's all..

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

in another interview i read "2000"?, but maybe could be a translation of north 1500

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helgis

its was also running at 1.6GHz at one point, and that isnt going to be the final speed either.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
anything faster then my old A1G4XE :)

Go to top
Anonymous
@Helgis

Hi Helgis,

With hopes this automn/fall you will be telling us your X1000 expiriences, I am currently quite worried about the price. No matter what is the CPU, the A-EON website still mentiones summer, does not send any updates, new news. I am not paranoic, I am just mentioning it.

Here is some things I dont get, whatever the price is:

- It is commonly said that price is for the X1000 system.
So, this should include GFX card, some RadeonHD but its not mentioned at all, like its not important. But it is, since X1000 board has no gfx onboard

- It should include 2GB fast DDR2 RAM. Hope no savings here

- Hard drive and DVD RW are not mentioned at all. They are not exclusive components, but I dislike such things. What is complete system? In SAM case, when you add quality monitor it doubles the price.

- VAT is not mentioned at all, and like with SAM, the final price is the only thing that matters to end users. My lucky guess is like in all Amiga cases, that VAT is not included

- AmigaOS is not mentioned at all. My guess - again another OS 4.1.2. realise, just drivers added, and 105 euros+VAT

If I would believe the Acube practice, as well as what Beta testers get for if I remember well, 750 euros or so, is the board and CPU, maybe OS just for testing. Its up to you to build a whole sys.

So I am telling you to keep puting every NOK in the jar.

I might as well be wrong, but mystery practices leave too much space for speculations.

Whatever CPU it is, it will be faster then EP460 which is just 1GHz EP440 with PCI-E and DDR2 support (faster machine, but not that much faster). EP440 does not have altivec and has weak FPU, so it would be easy to outperform it, even without second core used.

And some Linux that would use the second core and come with finalized

Also, a delay may be cause by software side too. As much as we understand, no drivers at all, still debugging, no final support for XMOS chips,
no dual core support announced, and no finalized
RadeonHD drivers yet.

All this must be addressed in near future.

North of 1 500 euros - for me it would be a complete system with OS, hard drive, DVD, just without monitor at least.

But we will see.

Good luck my friend!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox

The X1000 system will be sold for north of 1500 as a complete system. Including x1000 motherboard,gfx card(r700 series),2gb ram,500gig hd,dvd player/writer i think. In a case with kbd and mouse. So all you need then is a monitor. Most people have a monitor allready.? That includes os4 aswell. Since they most likely won't sell amchine wothout os4 copy.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox Quote:
- AmigaOS is not mentioned at all. My guess - again another OS 4.1.2. realise, just drivers added, and 105 euros+VAT

Of course the price includes AmigaOS4. Elsewhere it has been said it will run OS4.1 (Update 2 or whatever the current version is at time of release).

Quote:
- VAT is not mentioned at all, and like with SAM, the final price is the only thing that matters to end users. My lucky guess is like in all Amiga cases, that VAT is not included

Of course the (north of) ?1500 price includes (British) VAT. I think Trevor may have even specifically mentioned this?

Quote:
If I would believe the Acube practice, as well as what Beta testers get for if I remember well, 750 euros or so, is the board and CPU, maybe OS just for testing. Its up to you to build a whole sys.

750 euros is NOT the full price for Beta testing, it is ONLY the Deposit. You pay the remainder of the Beta price before it is posted to you. We do not know the full Beta price yet :(

I believe OS4 (license) will be included in the Beta price, but have not heard confirmation.

Quote:
As much as we understand, no drivers at all

How could they show OS4 running on X1000, if it had no drivers?!?

Quote:
North of 1 500 euros - for me it would be a complete system with OS, hard drive, DVD, just without monitor at least.

I don't understand, of course it is a complete system (minus monitor) for the final (non-Beta) system, as described here.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helgis

Quote:

Helgis wrote:

I too don't believe the price will be as high as 2000 Euro,
but slightly above 1500 Euro. At least i believe so..

What makes you not believe that? Slightly above ?1,500 is *lower* than ?1,500, which is less than the "north of ?1500" estimate Trevor gave us. ?1,500 is around ?1,800 currently, so you should expect at least "north of" ?1,800, which could quite easily top ?2,000...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

North of 1500 technically has no upper limit, however, if it was going to be more than 2000, he probably would have said "North of 2000".

But, technically and grammatically speaking, there is no upper limit on his statement :)

*LOL*

It could be 1501 or more, but probably less than 2000!

Go to top
Anonymous
@Antique

Thank you for full clarification

Then its not insane expensive at all,
since 460 + OS + components needed + VAT is likely to be above 1 000 euros.

No drivers, what I was thinking of is no full board support etc. etc.

What I believe was shown was OS in a debug mode, I assume working with generic PPC + Radeon 9000 drivers.

But, that was just a preview.

Nice to know, I am very keen to hear what kind of GFX card they gonna put, a lot of performance will depend on it.

And Radeon R700 is 4350 to above
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparis ... R700_.28HD_4xxx.29_series

But, its good to know everything will be there.

Good luck beta testers!

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 »