Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
New batch of Sam boards shipping
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Re: New batch of Sam boards shipping
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Varthall

Great news ! Acube Forever !!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Great news!!!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TCD

Good news for you!
Hey, have you pimped that A1200 and painted it blue?

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rudei

Yes, do you like it?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TCD

I do - photos

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Great news!

I was hoping to see my Sam before Christmas, this makes it sound more likely.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm sure they told me (after arriving back from an important show in munich) that my board would be shipped straight away (this was 15th November)

perhaps by some miracle it is actually enroute with this news...

would be good indeed :D

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
ACube have just told us today that they are currently conducting QA on the new batch of boards and hope to get them out to us next week

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Well, why I'm sceptical about it? :P

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

I received an email from Amigakit

"Date Submitted: Thursday 11 December, 2008

The comments for your ticket are

Havent yet received any boards from ACube- they are still testing as per the message on our website. When we get more updates, we will post them on the product page."

Looks like we have to wait, more time..... :/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TCD

Presumably the delay has been down to the Uboot update.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Why people do that?

Set the time of delivery and that... move it again! and again! and again! and again! and again!

People get the WOMAN! Get live! Have you ever ask women for a dinner? And than... you chance the date of the dinner? Again! Again! Again! Again!

What for reaction from her side!

PS. If you don't have this what you say, don't say that. Don't write post:

Quote:
New batch of Sam boards shipping

ACube Systems announces the imminent availability of a new batch of Sam440ep boards. After the highly successful market reaction for the Sam440ep boards, the product will be available again in a few days from our resellers.

Did they ship them? NO.

Imminent availability? NO.

Few days? 11 and we don't see them.

You lose credibility in eyes of people.

I don't care about "We are strong company!". Show me you are.

"The wait is over" - I didn't noticed.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

A lot of users are receiving their SAM, ACube has always delivered for now. They have many orders, give them the time they need.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

Sure, but I can't believe that ANY company can exist longer that couple of years WITHOUT PLAN!

Every company have to know exactly what, when, who much is needed to produce even toothbrush or plastic box.

So, if someone is telling "we are serious company"... you should know EXACTLY, at least how many mobos can you produce per day?

1 maybe 2? After 5 months 30x5x2=300 mobos.

BUT why not to ship for like 50 mobos? etc.

Than people create bounty for software... there is write $$$$ for particular project... and what? NOTHING. Date was moved, changed, replaced, modified etc.

We can give to some one $1.000.000 and if the person is not responsible NOTHING will ever change.

Money NEVER change anything :). People create ideas and live accordingly to them (or not!).

EDIT: I don't see on Amiga forum even 100 new users (where are this people screaming how good Sam440ep and AmigaOS4.1 is)? People get exited, you have your hardware

Are they not active?

EDIT: I'm not telling they will not deliver. I don't care. I will buy Sam when it will be on market. Than someone can tell "we ship Sam440". I know it's a "hobby" - no complains!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kreciu

I have to agree with you, but I'm ordered my SAM board already.

And with many others exactly we feel the same.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kreciu

Let me give you an answer, IMO.

Quote:
you should know EXACTLY, at least how many mobos can you produce per day?

When you have a production chain of your own, you know that. But you have such a chain only if you produce several thousands of boards each day.
I really doubt this is the case of ACube.

This is so strange to see many people on Amiga websites that are just whining because they want boards that go faster, that can be produced in one day and still that are not much expensive than a standard PC.

Incredible

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

EVEN if they don't produce mobos by themselves (which is possible...), when you sign contract with some one who is producing them, they are also responsible for delivery in particular time. they should specify how many, when etc. mobos will be done, and in what time. It's not a black magic to specify this thinks.

I'm leaving on this world enough long, to know that if some one is not doing this what suppose to do, and not keeping a dates like in contract is going out of business later or sooner.

Quote:

This is so strange to see many people on Amiga websites that are just whining because they want boards that go faster, that can be produced in one day and still that are not much expensive than a standard PC.

Incredible

So you newer read my post.

I don't care how slow is Sam440ep (but I know how slow in comparison to PC), I do care how much faster is than my Amiga040/40Mhz with 64MB ram, this is my comparison.

I didn't expect this mobo to be produced in one day. If I'm not forgetting Sam440ep was announced like YEAR ago :).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Amigakit has removed information when a SAM board will be available. It doesn't sound optimistic to me!!! :(

Acube, are you a serious company? If Uboot update is a case then send the boards, and users can do it by themselfs. Hopefully there is no other faults or surprices we didn't know about yet.

It's not Amigakit fault or any other seller. Acube promised them to ship SAM boards and they failed... So now they're look silly in front of their costumers.

Respect to Amigakit for being honest, you're great!

Rant over...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TCD

Quote:

TCD wrote:
@Varthall

Amigakit has removed information when a SAM board will be available. It doesn't sound optimistic to me!!! :(

Acube, are you a serious company? If Uboot update is a case then send the boards, and users can do it by themselfs. Hopefully there is no other faults or surprices we didn't know about yet.

It's not Amigakit fault or any other seller. Acube promised them to ship SAM boards and they failed... So now they're look silly in front of their costumers.

Respect to Amigakit for being honest, you're great!

Rant over...

Come on, Acube have proven thereselves time and again in this market in their very short lifespan. I'm pretty sure they are getting boards out there as soon as they can, it's not like they don't want to sell any boards is it?

I understand you are frustrated, but all I and other users can urge you to do is be patient - I'm sure in a short while the situation will be resolved and the boards will be out there.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »