Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
47 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 47

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: AmigaOne U-Boot bugs - please read
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

I'm not sure if this even qualifies as a UBoot bug, but I can't even view the UBoot options if I have a graphics card plugged into the PCI slot of my ?A1.

I know that this is an old problem that you already know about, but I'm just mentioning it again so that it is not forgotten.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

That is already fixed. Thanks for the report, tho :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I believe you said the

Reading sector1
Reading sector2
Reading sector 256

thing was fixed in an unpublished update, right?

Suggestion:

Would it be feasible to have SOME kind of output on the screen even if the battery is dead? I know the hardware/software can't read the battery's voltage but anything would be better than a blank screen. Even just a "Uboot Copyright 2008" would be better than nothing.

Of course it's not a real big problem as most of us know now if we get just a blank screen to change the battery. But it would be nice if it wasn't too hard to implement.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Pressing CTRL+F12 on a PS/2 or USB keyboard activates this keyboard automatically if you have misconfigured stdin.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:

RacerX wrote:
@Rogue

I believe you said the

Reading sector1
Reading sector2
Reading sector 256

thing was fixed in an unpublished update, right?

It's a leftover debug output which is removed in the meantime.

Quote:
Would it be feasible to have SOME kind of output on the screen even if the battery is dead? I know the hardware/software can't read the battery's voltage but anything would be better than a blank screen. Even just a "Uboot Copyright 2008" would be better than nothing.

Of course it's not a real big problem as most of us know now if we get just a blank screen to change the battery. But it would be nice if it wasn't too hard to implement.

No, it's not possible, because the early startup hangs when the battery is dead. You can't even get to a stage where you can run the graphics card BIOS. There is nothing I can do about this.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I have read a thread on the italian iksnet forum about the possibility to use two videocards on the SAM, the integrated one and another one in the PCI, at the same time, to use two monitors on one machine. M3X mentions that such feature would require a minor change in UBoot, what do you think?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Re Pioneer 107D DVD Drive startup:

I am not connected for Debug output right now.
I can't even figure out how to turn it on.

Might be useful for a few things, I'm sure.

The drive bug has a workaround, so I'm not in
"Dire Straits". It may be easier for me to just swap in another drive the next time I'm in there.

I appreciate you being open for discussion!

LyleHaze

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

1.) Wasn't there a problem with PCI-GFX-Cards in the MicroA1? Just want to ask, i have a XE.

2.) Does UBoot send the "Security Freeze Lock"-Command to all HDDs?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

That change is already in, since about 1.5 years, but of course I never published that version.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LyleHaze

U-Boot debug output goes to the screen at that stage in the boot process.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ZeroG

Quote:
1.) Wasn't there a problem with PCI-GFX-Cards in the MicroA1? Just want to ask, i have a XE.

That problem is a hardware issue. It can be done, as HammerD pointed out; but it doesn't work with USB and IDE DMA enabled.

Quote:
2.) Does UBoot send the "Security Freeze Lock"-Command to all HDDs?

To be honest, I don't have the slightest idea. The code is generic, and I know squad about ATA. Well, it's not quite true, I actually wrote the very first (PIO Mode) version of a1ide.device, but that is so long ago (holy cow... seven years!) that I don't remember squad

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Hi Rogue, I always forget to report a bug:
My A1 XE G4 is connected with monitor, keyboard and mouse using a KVM Ravo for 2 computers. Many times when I do a soft reset with Ctrl+Ar+Al shell AmigaDOS appears and I can't use keyboard or mouse many times in this situation. If OS4 is able to boot until workbench, keyboard and mouse don't work, and the olny hope is a reset from case button of my A1.
This bug is present from the first prerelease of OS4 and until now with OS4.1...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ShInKurO

I've heard of a similar problem from someone else (I suppose that is a PS/2 switch), but that isn't exactly a U-Boot problem. Please, ONLY report U-Boot related bugs here, as the subject suggests. Thanks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Rogue

Please try to be precise with your reports

I still don't like the scan of all CDRoms devices at bootup! I occasionally forget to remove audio disc and at next bootup BAM, it takes forever for UBoot to figure out what to do?
Can a flag be created to read only one CD/DVD device for Boot1 device and ignore all the others down the line for the normal HD bootup?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

When users are using Sii cards and disabling Via IDE completely make UBoot to set also ide_maxbus=0. It takes a lot of time to scan empty Via IDE bus. People have asked this quite a lot lately.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Snuffy wrote:
Hi @Rogue

Please try to be precise with your reports

I still don't like the scan of all CDRoms devices at bootup! I occasionally forget to remove audio disc and at next bootup BAM, it takes forever for UBoot to figure out what to do?
Can a flag be created to read only one CD/DVD device for Boot1 device and ignore all the others down the line for the normal HD bootup?

I should have set up a bugtracker for this

I'll try to come up with something for this one.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Hi can you make a snapshot of such window and maybe i can change/update the catalog (os4 spanish trabnslator)?
and send it to my privately, of course

javierdlrATeuskalnetDOTnet

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

TSK has just reminded me. There's no way to set the bootdelay variable from the menu, only menu_bootdelay. I would question why we need two delays (personally I switch the first one off) but aside from that, the inital bootdelay should be settable from the menu.

There's no way of setting boot args separately for Amiga Boot and Linux Boot (not sure whether it is worth the effort to fix this one, people should be using the SLB to boot Linux on dual-boot systems!)

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
@Rogue

http://bugs.os4depot.net ? ;)

Nice :) Can you add a U-Boot project? That'd be cool :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »