Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Uninstall qt
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello

I have an "old " version of QT on my system, and wanted to upgrade to latest version. i have to uninstall all components so my question is.

What is the best solution to find all the bits of my old version. upgrade was not a valid option/ not recomended.

Go to top
Re: Uninstall qt
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@EgilLunde
Just delete main QT directory (if delete of main QT dir will fail because of assigns in use, then rename, and delete after reboot), as well as sys:prefs/qt , as well as clean user_startup from qt assigns. Also can delete envs, but that not necessary, as they can be later overwriten when you will run new qt-prefs and do save.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Great help for a Newbie as me.
Now where can i find that libQtScript.so , needed for smtube?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@EgilLunde

All should be inside of QT already, so my guess is that you install some old version from os4depot, while last one are on SF: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtami ... 1-minimal.tar.gz/download

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
While i'm installing everithing from scratch on my new 460 system, i downloaded qt from the above link and it appear missing the qt directory (there is only the icon) !!!! I'm downloading the full version now!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ilbarbax

It is there, only the icon is named differently before install.

@thread
I have noted to include an uninstall option for later releases.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Installing QT on my bare system become a nightmeare.
I downloaded the minimal version from Sourceforge, installed and do not work at all (I describe later) then I downloaded the full version (0.9.1) and reinstalled and do not work at all. I did the uninstall option and the reinstall and not working again. I removed everithing manually, directories, assigns etc and still not norking.

The icons do not run directly the programs but are prompting the execution window.
Once louched the program the libQTgui.so is missing. I could not find this lib in the unpacked files as well, the is logic that is not in my system.

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP

PS can'tn be related o the fact that I do not have yet a graphic card on my 460 system and then I'm using the onboard one with 65Kcolors?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ilbarbax

Minimal installation from SF works 100%. I use it right now. You may mess assigns somewhere or not delete everything normally.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Ok solved. I erroneusly deleted one file more than the need.

thanks

Go to top

Register To Post