Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

livebyfaith74, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Test run
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:

I think I spotted the bug in EasyPaint. It uses QImage, and QAmigaPaintEngine::drawImage() doesn't take care of translations. EDIT: Yes, I was right and it is fixed!

Cool ! So it works in native painting mode now as well ? What about opengl mode ? Did it also fixed overlapped tabs ?

Quote:

The hexglass bug is a little more tricky, I don't think it is the same one. Maybe something with clipping here.

Should be for sure kind of the same, as its all looks the same as with easypaint : everything draws at 0/0 of the screen.

ps. I assume its libQTGui.so now fixed ? If so, can you upload somethere to play with.

edit:
Quote:

EDIT: Actually I was wrong, it was the same issue, and it is now fixed! Yay

Cool , upload plz new lib, so i can now compare the stuff for real :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

I restarting my test for each demos/examples, but this time using the official 0.8.5 archive on OS4Depot rathen then the WIP version, so expect a new big review soon

By the way i can anticipate that the current problems are almost 3:

- drop-down menu --> they are slow when opened and the text inside them are sometimes not rendered correctly

- bubble helps --> sometimes they are rendered bad, a part of it it will be showed but the final part not ... maybe problem is related to the lenght on that text ^-^ ?

- fonts --> Fonts need to be revisited a little bit i think, maybe using directly the system fonts automatically tracked from the fonts preferences of the users

That regarding bugs and not so cool graphical things

Then still the usual AmigaOS related adaptation such iconify support, extra gadgets from QT that need to be removed and so on ... but maybe it's too early for thinking about that

More to come eventually .. of course

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo

I know, native fonts are not all done, it needs some work still. It is very strange, though, that the size of native vs freetype is not the same, and also native fonts are a bit too "low" compared to the offset (letters go down below clipping line).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil
underline works in Amiganative mode, though.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

About the crash (QTextEngine::itemize()): I am working with spotUP to solve the problem. It is a little difficult, because it doesn't happen on my system. Check in for news...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
I know, native fonts are not all done, it needs some work still. It is very strange, though, that the size of native vs freetype is not the same, and also native fonts are a bit too "low" compared to the offset (letters go down below clipping line).

The size is probably point vs pixel sizes, it might be as simple as setting the DPI correctly (it defaults to 72, which is basically 1 px = 1 pt).

The position will be something to do with the baseline being at the bottom (top?) of the character rather than at the baseline, or vice-versa.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Are you a beta tester? Do you run the latest updates?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
About the crash (QTextEngine::itemize()): I am working with spotUP to solve the problem. It is a little difficult, because it doesn't happen on my system. Check in for news...

Ok thanks

Quote:
Are you a beta tester? Do you run the latest updates?

Sadly no .. i'm using a standard AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4 installation ..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
virgola wrote:
@alkfil

Out of curiosity do you ever looked at the new QT 4.8 platform abstraction layer?

[...]

http://qt-project.org/videos/watch/qpa-the-qt-platform-abstraction
QPlatformAbstraction AKA LightHouse - remember I mentioned it to you recently, Alfkil?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Ok, i conducted a new test from scratch using the 0.8.5 version on OS4Depot, the results are quite similar if not the same, however a few results are changed (for the better)

Machine of course is the same too:

- Sam440ep Flex 800, Radeon 9250 and AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4
- QT 0.8.5 with that option enabled:

- native menu
- native dialogs
- native fonts
- native paint engine

-------

- EXAMPLE

animation -->

stickman: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
easing: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
animatedtiles: a bit slow (just a bit) also the main window needs more size in order to fit all qt logos when all of them are showed
moveblocks: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
appchooser: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !

draganddrop -->

puzzle: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
draggableicons: very fast, some glitch when dragging (image dragged are not centered well)
fridgemagnets: fast, still some flickering effect when a block is selected

effects -->

lighting: the light moving seems a bit slow but maybe it's normal

graphicsview -->

anchorlayout: seems ok and fast
simpleanchorlayout: seems ok and fast
portedasteroids: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
flowlayout: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
dragdroprobot: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
collidingmice: fast and no glitch, altrough maybe can be faster
weatheranchorlayout: fast and no glitch, altrough maybe can be faster
portedcanvas: very fast and no glitch, maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
padnavigator: fast, but a bit slow when come back from the rotation
elasticnodes: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
diagramscene: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new font
basicgraphicslayout: scrolling is fast but program is very slow when you try to move the "basic graphics layout" block

mainwindows -->

sdi: fast, altrough some tooltips (bubble helps) are not rendered correctly, also the buttons are not so cool (bad rendering?)
menus: very fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
dockwidgets: a bit slow but no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
recentfiles: very fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
mdi: very fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
application: very fast and no glitch altrough buttons are not so cool, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window

network -->

downloadmanager: works fine

opengl -->

hellogl: very fast and no glitch, nearly perfect here !
2dpainting: all 3 examples are more or less the same (a bit slow)

painting -->

transformations: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
painterpaths: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
fontsampler: very fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
basicdrawing: very fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
svgviewer: works fine but a bit slow
svggenerator: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
imagecomposition: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
concentriccircles: works fine

tutorial -->

addressbook: works fine but a bit slow in general, bubble helps are sometimes not rendered correctly

widget -->

lineedits: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
icons: works fine and fast
groupbox: works fine and fast
codeeditor: works fine and fast
calendarwidget: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
analogclock: works fine and fast
wiggly: works fine and fast
tooltips: works fine and fast
tablet: works fine and fast
styles: works fine and fast
sliders: works fine, altrough the "rotator" is a bit slow --> conversely the drop down menu this time is opened very very welll (fast)
scribble: works fine and fast
imageviewer: works fine and fast
digitalclock: works fine and fast
charactermap: not so fast and drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
calculator: works fine and fast
windowflags: works fine and fast
validators: drop-down menu is a bit slow when you open it in order to select a new option
tetrix: works fine and fast
stylesheet: fast and no glitch, again maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
spinboxes: works fine and fast
shapedclock: works fine and fast
movie: works fine and fast

- DEMOS

undo: a bit slow, just a bit .. and maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
textedit: fast, some tooltips (bubble helps) are not rendered correctly, also the buttons are not so cool (bad rendering?) and the text is very small
pathstroke2: works fine and fast however the scrolling on the source window still a bit slow
mainwindow: works fine
books: works fine
affline: works fine and fast
tux: works very fast
spreadsheet: a bit slow, just a bit .. and maybe you need to remove the internal QT resize window
pathstroke: works fine and fast however the scrolling on the source window still a bit slow
embeddeddialogs: still very slow and freeze at exit !

---------------------------------------

Still valid all my past suggestions

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Niels & Virgola

I know about this yes, but I haven't looked too much into it. I think it is better now to wait for version 5 before changing the codebase. Anyway mostly all Qt apps are compatible with Qt 4.7.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
alfkil, i am on irc waiting! let's nail the sucker! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So how did the porting go?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joeled
bug-fixing in progress. problems with native-mode mess fixed, now some more small left, and then

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Excellent

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Do we have any good burning programs? I would like to try this program otherwise.
Silicon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Frying Pan is free and it's great for CD/DVD burning.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I recommend AmiDVD, because it is so simple to use. FryingPan was always far too complicated for me.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So spotup where are your qt-apps? Who won?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
joeled: haha.. well, i have helped alfkil out with finding/testing bugs.
i just noticed that a new version of the sdk was released that fixes font rendering so i could upload a few apps soon possibly. don't expect miracles, these will be simple apps mainly ported to learn and to test qt.

who won? no one yet, but you know, i always win! ;P

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »