Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: apps wishlist for AmiCygnix
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@retro

or atleast give pepole the option to run all x11 in workbech or on its own screen in workbech.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

I guess you mean the SDLBasic editor, which is based on Scite

Yes, why not. But I will publish this later (Maybe I can add your latest version of DealOrNoDeal ?).
First there are other progs in the pipeline, which are nearly finished.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@cygnusEd

Quote:

cygnusEd wrote:

First there are other progs in the pipeline, which are nearly finished.

In february, with my new SAM, I will look carefully AmiCygnix.... Hope will have a decent speed on SAM....

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

Don't expect too much. I've heard, that AmiCygnix is much slower on SAM than on an AOne. For example I was told, that gimp is very slow. But maybe you're lucky. When I get my own SAM, I will know more.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@cygnusEd

Maybe the speed will be a point that maybe will be possible to be improved, with the help of the amiga AmiCygnix users base or help from others programmers ???

If the speed is like the 060 speed with a classic amiga, It's maybe enough....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Umm... How about the old Mozilla 1.7.5 sources. They are used internally by OpenOffice.org and would be a useful tool on their own right.

Quote:
-The following library versions (or compatible) are required: glibc 2.1, XFree86 3.3.x, GTK 1.2.x, Glib 1.2.x, Libstdc++ 2.9.0.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@cygnusEd

Quote:
I have xCHM here:

Resized Image

But it has still some bugs, especially caused by my wxWidgets port. If there is enough interrest, I can finish the port (Will need some time though).
That would be brilliant. I have just bought a C Tutorial package, and it has .chm file on the dvd. I have been loooking for a chm reader for OS4, to no avail.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
my most urgent wishes is for cygnux not to clash at all with the amigaos sdk.
it still clashes with the latest sdk.
my second wish is for it to work from a jxfs partition.

as it is now, i can't have it installed as the aos4 sdk stops working, and that's a shame, not being able to use your great piece of work.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nexus

Quote:
I'd really, really like to see xterm to be ported to AmyCygnix

I'd prefer Konsole. I don't want all of KDE, but Konsole would be cool.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

SDK works fine here.

I have AmiCygnix installed on my SYS: partition since that is the only partition I have that doesn't use JXFS.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... k/misc/amicygnix-base.lha
Quote:

* All environment variables must now be located in "ENVARC:Cygnix". The
variables in "ENVARC:" will be ignored. This avoids collisions with
other unix ports.

* All AmiCygnix programs don't use the typical unix like assigns "usr:",
"bin:", "etc:" and "var:" anymore. This is for better compatibility to
other unix ports and the OS4 SDK. Many problems of the prerelease were
caused by these assigns.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Samurai_Crow

Quote:

Samurai_Crow wrote:
Umm... How about the old Mozilla 1.7.5 sources. They are used internally by OpenOffice.org and would be a useful tool on their own right.

Let us port Firefox first . But anyway - I think it is not a good idea to port a software, where development is stopped.

@spotUp
Quote:

my most urgent wishes is for cygnux not to clash at all with the amigaos sdk.
it still clashes with the latest sdk

Can you give me some details, why it doen't work? I also use the latest SDK now and I have no problems. The only thing I did was to deactivate some of the libs, nothing more.

Maybe there is a problem with the PATH environment variable? Did you set this variable?

Please make sure, that the AmiCygnix is executed after the SDK startup (in user-startup).

Quote:

my second wish is for it to work from a jxfs partition.

The problem is, that I absolutely have no idea, why my server binary collides with a filesystem. Anyone else?

@billt
Quote:

I'd prefer Konsole. I don't want all of KDE, but Konsole would be cool.

KDE is far away for now. There are too much other projects I'm working on. The problem with xterm is, that I don't have a working unix terminal device. I someone could help...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

Any programm ported to AmiCygnix will be usefull! IMO, AmiCygnix must be included as part of the OS together with Abiword and Gimp.

Now, if I may ask something. I crated a folder inside the basic/installation drawer of AmiCygnix called Backdrops. There I placed several images (jpg format at 1680x1050). Whatever image I choose AmiCygnix doesn't seem to loaded. I got black and white horizontal lines. Why's that happen?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:

Now, if I may ask something. I crated a folder inside the basic/installation drawer of AmiCygnix called Backdrops. There I placed several images (jpg format at 1680x1050). Whatever image I choose AmiCygnix doesn't seem to loaded. I got black and white horizontal lines. Why's that happen?

Very strange. Can you send me one of the pictures? Did you try to use an other picture format - e.g. PNG?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

Quote:

cygnusEd wrote:
@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:

Very strange. Can you send me one of the pictures? Did you try to use an other picture format - e.g. PNG?

No, I haven't tried any other image format. I will test and upload a screenshot in 2-3 hours time.

Thank you and keep up the awesome job you are doing with AmiCygnix!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any prog that can play Real Audio streamed files would be a real blessing.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnusEd

Yep it's true, Mozilla Suite is discontinued (latest version is 1.7.13 aniway) but you can try to port SeaMonkey

Edited by samo79 on 2009/2/15 5:03:10
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OldAmigan

Quote:

OldAmigan wrote:
Any prog that can play Real Audio streamed files would be a real blessing.

Do you know a unix program, which can do that?

@samo79

Quote:

Yep it's tue, Mozilla Suite is discontinued (latest version is 1.7.13 aniway) but you can try to port SeaMonkey

I would be happy, if I had Firefox. SeaMonkey is a even bigger project. Too big I would say at the moment.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd

Quote:
I would be happy, if I had Firefox. SeaMonkey is a even bigger project. Too big I would say at the moment.
Why? Once you have all libraries requried for any part of Mozilla ported to AmigaOS you should be able to build all of it (FireFox, ThunderBird, SeaMonkey, ...) with (next to) no additional work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@cygnusEd

Why? Once you have all libraries requried for any part of Mozilla ported to AmigaOS you should be able to build all of it (FireFox, ThunderBird, SeaMonkey, ...) with (next to) no additional work.

O.K. - that's true. Having the basic libs would make all ports possible. Hmm - the browser included in Seamonkey is Firefox I guess???

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnusEd

The browser is more or less based to Gecko as Firefox, but the source isn't completely based on Firefox because developers are different, the real scope of the SeaMonkey project is to continue the great "Mozilla Suite" taking some parts of the daily snapshot of Firefox's source

To the point of view of the users, the feel it's the same, SeaMonkey is virtually identical to the latest Mozilla Suite, but the source code is up-to-date

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »