Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 78

root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
WxWidgets bounty status request
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just I'm curious about the status of the WxWidgets port.
Anyone heard anything from it?
Still assigned to Alexandre Balaban?
Last official update on AmigaBounty was posted on mid February...

Go to top
Re: WxWidgets bounty status request
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@virgola

From AmigaBounty.net:

Quote:
wxCore deadline will be announced when Alexandre has got the A1 or a replacement up and running, sorry for the delay.

Since then i don't know if he receive/buy a new machine :-/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

His A1 is allways out of order but let him explain more here about the status of WxWidgets and his A1.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I contacted Alexandre two weeks ago on this subject. Basically he has been having problems with his A1 dying, motivation and free time, so unfortunately not much progress has been made since last update.

He's got a SAM Flex now and is hoping to get help with wxWidgets from another developer I can't say much more than that just now.

I have pointed him towards this thread.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@virgola

As you might or might not know my A1 CPU broke in early march (IIRC), I finally found a way to get my CPU reflowed (for as cheap as 200 Euros) unfortunately it did not last more than one month.
I finaly had the chance to have one french friend that offered to lend me his spare SamFlex 800 which I currently have.
All this hasn't done much to revive my motivation that was slowly decreasing since some weeks. After that there was the good days coming back and my familly asking me to spend less time on the Amiga.
I finally felt like coding again on the project just recently (one or two months ago). I currently have a port of wxBase, and now have to port wxCore which is a bit harder than I thought because of a lack of deep knowledge on my part of the graphic/intuition work. As a consequence I contacted a developper that offered me his help some time ago, I'm waiting for his answer. He's wel skilled and I'm sure that with his advises I will be able to take the right decisions and directions.

I hope that this is enough honest for you, I can understand if you donated to this bounty that you find it a bit long. As I wrote Troels many times I would understand if the bounty would be reassignated (of course I would provide alll my sources and assistance) but this was my fault this project was really too big for me to take and should never have volunteer. But I felt this could be an important project for the platform and wrongly thought it would be a matter of some weeks.

As a matter of consequence I will restate what I already wrote here some months ago and on Amigabounty :
DO NOT DONATE ANYMORE TO THIS BOUNTY ITS AMOUNT IS ALLREADY MORE THAN GOOD AND AS I DIDN'T RESPECTED THE MULTIPLE SELF IMPOSED DEADLINES I DON'T WORTH THE DONATION YET.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Good to see that you're trying to complete this. Wish you best of luck and hope you get the nessecary help to complete it.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Thanks a lot for your answer!
I'm not worry at all for your delay, I'm accustomed to Amiga long cycles! Yes, I've donated, but I don't feel angry at all, just curious.

Sorry for your CPU module and I hope that your motivation will turn up, after all the Amiga is a passion, it's not a job!
I can imagine that developing on a slow Sam440 it's not the best, but soonish a new speedy Sam460 can better fit the requirement of a developer.

Keep it up, also slowly, but keep it up!
We cannot afford of losing any developer at all!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Thanks for your hard work. Also, don't hesitate to ask for help here or on UB.com for Intuition stuff, if it can benefit to everyone!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban
keep up the good work and don't give up, I'm sure that for the parts you have some doubts about there will be people with the right knowledge to help you out.

Davy Wentzler said he would port Audio Evolution 5.2 (sans multi-channel recording initially) if your port gets finished!

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DAX

now that sounds interesting

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Thanks for your hard work so far, keep it up!

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

DAX wrote:
@abalaban
keep up the good work and don't give up, I'm sure that for the parts you have some doubts about there will be people with the right knowledge to help you out.

Davy Wentzler said he would port Audio Evolution 5.2 (sans multi-channel recording initially) if your port gets finished!

that's really nice point :)

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Abalaban

I am short of time myself these days. I know how it is, this is an important project though, hang in there!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko @Tuxedo
Yes indeed. Even without multy-channel recording initially (as he would also need to bring in his extreme audio driver) he said he would port the latest edition of Audio Evolution to AmigaOS. He his working on virtual intstruments support and other neat stuff, AE is a very nice software and getting better.

Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Now if someone could only port this....

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-pro/

Ha kidding, love this application on my mac.. its the dog's bollocks... no good for sound production though!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban
As i see you active lately on forum, and works on something, then maybe its related to work on the port ?:) Maybe you can say some info about current state ? (if there any)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The help from the other programmer eventually never materialized. This really hurt my motivation and my progress because he would have been very helpful with his graphical knowledge that I'm missing.
In the meantime I'm working on a smaller project which might help me increase my knowledge of Reaction (CompareDir also serves this goal).

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban
If we all will wait for some help all the time, then nothing will be done :) Ppls are lazy, they should be annoed to give you any help, etc. Imho if you have any real questions, just ask, and someone will help you out for sure there (or on os4coding.net, or in mails privately). I am sure Rigo, Trixie and Salas00 can help with all the reaction-based questions.

Expectually when you almost done the works, will be a bit sad to stop, just because its always good to finish almost finished stuff :)

ps. i can help you with all the tests and so on, if you in interest. I know about reaction nothing, but its all easy to learn for sure in 2-3 months. We can in general try to work together, and if we will stuck somethere i will annoy all the forums for answers and help :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban
Since the port of AE depends on this, and since some at AW lamented the lack of new music software (AE has been updated to version 5.2 on Windows 3 months ago) I think this is a pretty important matter for Amiga in general.
An updated Music authoring software can ultimately make or break AOS4 future reputation in this field, an WxWidget is pretty much mandatory for AE 5.2 (and future versions).

Please take kas1e suggesion and offer at heart, do it for and importan cause! :)

Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I hope someone is able to help Abalaban with the ReAction stuff. I'm sure any help is appreciated.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »