Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Assigned project: 32Bit icon editor
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

OT: (just FYI) I think I've mentioned this before. But you should probably stop using the word "nasty" in the way you do. "It looks nasty" actually means that it looks very bad. It simply looks quite off when you use it like that.

Perhaps there's some Russian slang where it's appropriate to use it like that but it English it doesn't come out quite right.

"wicked" would probably be a better word if you want to use English anti-words.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Ops, yep. By word "nasty" i mean "tasty" all the time.

ps. Trying to found "Edit" button in my previous post, but have no luck. I can't edit posts which was done few hours ago ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert

Ok, thanks

@orgin

Well quite all of us are forced to use english here, no offence if sometimes "strange word" happen, often there is no intention to offend, really

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club
I just D/L the 32bit icon editor from OS4Depot and the alpha image didn't show up when I selected transparency. Previously it didn't work because I use a 16 bit WorkBench screen. Now it doesn't work because it is opening a 16 bit screen. I see the LikeWB flag set with Ranger which explains why it's a 16 bit screen. If you are going to force IconEd to use it's own screen it should be a screen (32 bit) that it will actually work on. How about adding a screenmode requester to the menus. I see a config file but don't see any configuration options in the program. When I saved an icon while IconEd is running on a 16 bit screen, the alpha channel is lost.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

I will add screen mode requester. The configuration is window positions and color values at the moment.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If it will be screenmode requester, then it should show only 32bit modes (to avoid problems, when user will choice 16bit and alpha will not works). Or, if user choice 16bit mode, then spawn a window in which "warning: you choice 16bit mode ! With 16bit icon editor will not work as should ! please use 32bit modes instead !". And swith back to screenmode requester again.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
LOL - nice one

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Awesome photo! And perfectly chosen domain name, too.

Notice the little sign down in the left corner of the picture behind the pole, even that one is shown with the leading "Dy" obscured .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nasty looks rather "cool" word to me, but I don't like the word "ugly", which means "very unpretty".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
All the times when i write "nasty" i mean "tasty" (i.e. good/cool). Just typo all the time.

Btw, any new progress with editor ? Maybe something new for tests ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is great work ! well done.

I wonder if adding an AREXX PORT/HOST by default to a small app like this good for example programming ?

The idea being that another PAINT application can REQUEST services via AREXX to IconEDit NG.

In effect scripts could tell Icon Edit what to draw, automating tasks, but also if in some way to :

Drag 'n' drop from one application toolbox to another, in effect using drawing facility of icon Edit in another Paint application - communicating commands via AREXX.

This is a small example, but larger apps could benefit from unique features - especially automation - which is what Amiga was also known for.

The example is similar to Firefox plugins, drag'n' drop and use !

If only we had XUL based GUI/apps and a way to communicate between them !

datatype with AREXX port ? -> merge all picture datatypes using one AREXX parser + scripts ?

Libraries with AREXX port ?

sorry a bit OT - but a small application like the is a perfect programming TUTORIAL example - great work, but how to autoreuse modules w/out compile?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

I continue the work on the editor so it can suit better with modern icons. My purpose is to make the editor create icons that are in quality like original icons. I made some major improvements to the editor:

- Editor is prepared to work on images not only icons. The project can be an icon or an image.
- Editor is prepared to work on layers (multi-bitmap images) for example, you will be able to paint background and foreground separately.
- Editor handles bigger brushes e.g. 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and so on.
- Editor is prepared to handle any images as brushes.
- The brush is mixed with the image while painting with chosen intensity.
- While editing we see simultanously the 24-bit image (without alpha) and 32-bit image (with alpha).
- The image is drawn even faster.

@AngelHeart

AREXX port is not planned at the moment.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Awesome ! Can you upload current version for tests somethere ? By changes sounds pretty interesting (expectually layers , and ability to save to any other image formats). Btw, how you design "save to image" requester ? For lodepaint Trixie make for me some simply reaction window, in which user can choice file format, and then save to it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

I will upload the version to tests in a couple of days, as I need to write some more code in order to complete new version. I can guarantee that the custom brushes with custom alpha mask works fine. I've got Easter season break in incoming days so I'll have more time to upgrade the program.

Saving to files in image format is not completed yet (the code for now just recognizes whether it's working on icon or image). I need to read some docs about PNGs and maybe IFF24-bit as well so the copy/paste function to clipboard will be possible. Reaction window with GetFile and Chooser gadgets is good to make for a file requester.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert

Hi ! Do you still works on IconEdit ? While i ask, its because i found some problem which will be very nice to fix if you can:

For now i just trying to convert PNG icon, to native amigaos4 icon. So, in case that i can't load manually both states as images, i just do do "Project/LoadIcon" and load png icon to editor. Icon loads fine, all looks just fine, and so, then i choice "save icon" or "save icon as". And in both cases, icon saves as png (while should saves in the native amiga format of course).

Can you fix it plz ?

Thanks for worring.

EDIT: For now i found some annoing way to convert png icon to amiga native icon via IconEditor, and way is:

-- run iconeditor

-- load icon, and choice png icon which need to convert

-- choice second state and press "copy", so, now you will have 2 "pressed" states.

-- "save icon as" (it will saves as png-icon, sadly, but with "pressed" image for both states). Let's call it "1"

-- new icon , choice pressed state

-- load image (not icon for now), and load that "1.info" , which are have pressed states, and which are png.

-- choice unpressed state and load image (at this moment orginal one, so, now it will be "unpressed" state where it should).

-- and now , "save icon as", and only now (!) it will saves as real amigaos4 icon.

As you can see, a bit boring :) So plz, fix it. I think it should be just matter of changing of some functions calling and shouldn't be very hard.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
PNG Icons can be batch converted to AmigaIcons using "ImageConverter". Check AW.net, there is a thread about it somewhere.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerogaph
I waiting for such comments of course. Like use that and that to convert them :) But point of that post to have it done exactly via iconeditor, to make editor better, not via something else, thread all in all about editor :)

I.e. its not problem to convert png to real icon, problem that will be cool to have it in iconeditor, so no need to bother with any other tools.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

I'll look into it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Thanks.

I think that should be something trivial, like call one function, but not another. By some reassons when you load png icon, "save" think that need to save it as png icon as well, so imho its just matter of changing of calls, like if use press save or save as, always save in the native icon format and does not matter what was loaded to it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)