Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: Filer 53.30 testing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin
In the last v.53.29 the User-Buttons got gummed.
I didn't want to use the icon image because it was to big. So, I used 'delete' and killed all the button input functions. I don't like icons anyway. Is text labels going to be an option?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

Huh? User buttons has been text buttons from the start. The ability to add an image on them is entirely optional and was just added due to a user request.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I have a feature request for you

When keyboard is active can you add "F2" support for renaming files ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

Sure anything is possible. Just curious though, why F2 and why only in keyboard mode?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Well only because i'm accustomed using Windows file manager, there working on a big quantity of file often i'm doing renaming operation

Regaring keyboard mode, because keyboard work only when I activate the proper option, it isn't ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

Most keyboard options work in both keyboard navigation mode and standard mode, just a bit differently. See readme for more information.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin
I used the 'delete' button in "User Butttons" and it killed all the button functions in filer. So, I now cannot edit a new button. The 'delete' "Filer" fuction in Amiga OS4.1update1 works nice!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Ah ah ok

So you accept my request ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

Errm, so you didn't spot the "New" gadget then? Or are you saying that the "New" gadget is also disabled after deleting all user buttons? It certainly works here.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

I don't understand anything of what you are saying.

"it killed all the button functions in filer"

Are you in filerprefs or in the filer itself, what does "killed" refer to? There's a lot of buttons you can click in the filer, what are you referring to?

"The 'delete' "Filer" fuction in Amiga OS4.1update1 works nice!"

What 'delete' "filer" function? And what does 4.1u1 have to do with anything?

If broadblues is interpreting you correctly then as he says, deleting all userbuttons in FilerPrefs will disable the userbutton input fields in FilerPrefs and you have to click "New" to create a new entry in the userbutton list (yes we're still in FilerPrefs) to activate the userbutton input fields again.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

It's done. Though RAmiga+r is the usual amiga hotkey for it in case you didn't know.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Mmm that's ok but personally I prefer F2 instead, maybe adding it optionally ?

Please !! -.-

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I saying it in last time (as you like to say): Why just not make normal config for the user keys ? Just like in Ambient on morphos: user can define any keys which he want for any action. There is 2 areas: keys for all the ambient actions (that which you already define hardcore for filer), and other area for user define, where user can press just as in Fkey commodite "capture mode", and then, define any keyboard combo for any action. Imho adding hardcore keys its bad idea for file manager.

Related to thumbnail, sorry, but realisation of it are very strange. User need select something, generate thumbs manually (holy crap), and they will story in some place (T: usually), which will be auto-erased on reboot. Again, on Ambine in morphos you just set Thumnails, and its automatically for any directory in which you come, not need manually generate something. And that is how must be done for normal usage.

I also found some new bugs in filer, and if you in interest (if), i can write about.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

As I said, it's already done.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Ah sorry I didn't understand, thanks !

P.S.
My translation is 90% done, when done where I can send you ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

As written in the first post. This is a dev release so there's no point in making public translations for it. If you have translated 53.29 (which is a public release) then just upload it to os4depot. See greek example here: http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... /filetool/filer_greek.lha

Do not upload any 53.30 translations to os4depot until a public 53.30 is released.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Ok, actually i'm translating 53.30, how about sync with us, so when you have reach the final stable release we can put all our translations in the main archive

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

I tried that at first but syncing up was too hard, some translators being slower than others. Plus I don't want to wait when I want to release a new version. So I think separate locale uploads is the best way. Everyone wins.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@anyone

New dev upload:

http://openamiga.org/attachment/project/20/filer_53.30c.lha

- Add F2 as shortcut for rename

- Prefs: Add a "remove all" button on the user button page

- Add ability to show free space in Mb/Gb etc instead of % in usage bar

- Give usage bar a minimum width

- Add ID's to locale files

Is everyone happy with the thumbnail functionality? Need feedback on it please. Thumbnails is the 'theme' for 53.30, so I want thumbnails to be done before moving on to the next big change/addition that will be the theme of 53.31.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I've been sticking with the last official release of Filer, since I'm only just now gradually testing it's stability. But since you asked about Thumbnails, I quickly tried it out. The general implementation seems fine, but I do dislike certain choices:

First it doesn't auto-generate thumbnails, which means it's a real hassle to actually use the thumbnail functionality.

Second, Filer is blocked by a "Generating thumbnails in current folder" window, until it has finished. I would rather it worked in the background (kind of like DefIcon loading). BTW, if I want to stop thumnail generation then I can either (a) leave the current folder, or (b) disable thumbnails in the Prefs.

BTW, I do like that it shows a "busy" pointer while it is loading the thumbnails (and presumably other icons too).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »