Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 4 »
Filer 53.29 uploaded
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Filer 53.29 uploaded
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Thank you! Downloading right away!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I am in heavy testing mode for now, but in any case you roked hard :) Every day new update, that is what i call "work". Hope you will not loose soon your motivation and activity, and filer will be mature very well , with tons of that features and posibilities.

I test today Ambient on my morphos2.2, and can say, that Filer will kick that ass very soon :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
It is possible with the current version change by preferences that bottom line where i see how less space i have on current partition to the megabytes value, but not to % as it for now ? Because for example for now, i download 500mb file, run filer, and see: DH1: 95%. So, i need to run dopus4 for see how many megabytes less exactly. If filer do not have any option for control that, will be nice if you can add it (one more suggestion, yep:) )

Maybe will be better just make that area "clickable", like click one time have % value, click one more time, have MB values, click one more time, have exactly value in bytes.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

REALLY GOOD!!!!
Finally icon support(I really need/like that!)
Only one problem..
When the load asincronously was selected the slider dont respond continuosly...
It was resetted sometime...so I've to select it again to continue scrolling...
However GOOD WORK!
Now the only thing filer needs was display icon mode...and than was rather perfect!

:D

EDIT: maybe a pop-up menu like Contextmenus was nice to be optional...
I think was more intuitive adn practic for someone, up to all for the possibility to automatic select the file and choose how to do...

Edited by Tuxedo on 2010/1/20 21:35:36
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Hope this version is stable. I had some stability issues with the development versions, unfortunately I am still finding my way around Update 1, so no point in reporting anything until I checked-out v53.28 properly first.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

See what trouble you have gotten me into now? ;)

@Tuxedo

I can only refer you to this post: http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... t_id=43563#forumpost43563

As for popup menu, it's in the ToDo list.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

OK.
Read it!

GOOD WORK!However you've done a GRAT job!
Now its Hyperion time to help you finish it completetly with some class modify

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Thx for the update! The context menu can indeed be the one the workbench uses, it's good enough as it is. What I'd like to suggest though is if Filer may cooperate better with workbench for cut/copy n paste. For example if I copy a drawer from a workbench window it should be pasted into a filer lister and vice versa. Drag from a wb window and drop to a filer lister (and the opposite as well) too.

EDIT: another suggestion

Right now I have custom buttons to create LHA, ZIP, LZX etc archives. Would it be possible to have buttons that open popup menus instead? For example one button labeled "Create" and when pressed a menu opens with "LHA archive", "LZX archive" , "ZIP archive".
That'd help reduce the clutter on filer's button area. What do you think, is it possible?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

When I resize the lister window, the toolbar buttons get refreshed and there's a noticeable flicker. I assume there's a reason for the refresh? And - just curious - why do you use a number of separate button gadgets instead of a single speedbar?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@trixie

That's due to reaction and is not something I can control. It's not filer that is refreshing it, it's intuition. And it happens in all somewhat complex reaction guis.

As for speedbar, I simply didn't know it existed. First time I've ever heard of it is when I read your message. I doubt however that it would be worth several unpaid hours of coding to replace it at this point, I'd rather spend that doing something useful. Like spending time with my family.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

I'm asking because WordNet's GUI is almost as complex as Filer's, yet there's no toolbar button refresh at all when resizing windows - not even when I add a lot of toolbar buttons. Could be related to the fact that I'm using a speedbar, that's why I was interested in how you do it.

I can perfectly understand your time constraints and priorities. Still, speedbar.gadget is really worth checking out. It's a better solution than a row of separate buttons.

I can help out with modifying the code should you decide to go for the speedbar some time later.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Guys, I haven't been following all the discussions about Filer, so please excuse me if what follows has already been said (and also if it's too obvious).
While testing this latest version, it occurred to me a little trick that allows to "integrate" Filer with WB, so I thought I'd better share it with you (I don't know if there are better ways, but anyway...).
Change the icon type of drawers to "project" and set the default tool to "Filer": from then on, any time you double-click on a drawer in WB, you'll get a Filer instance showing the contents of the drawer. By playing with real icons and the deficon, you can select, to some extent, which drawers to open with Filer and which normally. Note: the trick doesn't work with volume icons.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Interesting :) But i just hope that very soon Filer will be integrated into Workbench by some "fully-system-normal" way : that is mean a bit more work from Hyperion itself:

- a bit fix listgadget.class (for solve all the problems with drag & drop) (when you mark many files or dirs, and try to drag and drop it, then one of files are "unmarks")

- dunno what fix , but, allow to do D&D from Filer lister to WB window. For now you can Drag and drop beetwen Filer's listers, and from workbench window to filer , but not from filer to WB window (that is strange for me, because we always can D&D files from WB windowses, so, WB already have some routines to "Wait" drag and drop).

- Just integrate it's to system normally. Not like in your easy/fast example :)

That part (integration of Filer to WB), are very important, and very hard just in terms of "usability". Because WorkBench, it's what many of us know for many years, and will be cool if Hyperion will integrate it in "good way".

I think, that also there is must be some new "preferences" in the prefs: , which will called somehow logical (for easy understand for what is need it for), where you can setup how it will be by default: plain WB, or not.

+ for now Filer does not have any options like "show files like WB" (you can only do "open current in WB window". What mean you press on directory, and or it will be Filer look, or plain classic WB looks with icons, but with the Filers buttons on window.

As i see it can be (will be or must be, dunno), like in Ambient on Moprhos. You just have lister windowses, with buttons on it, and some buttons for choice: lister mode, icons mode (wb mode), and so on.
But in case with filer, there is more options, like:
- plain lister mode
- icons lister mode
- plain wb mode (?)

In general i am in high interest to see how it will be done :)

@orgin

I know it's maybe a bit early to ask about, but, did you talk with Hyperion already about Filer integration ? Did they have any "preparing" for it, or maybe did you have any ideas of how it must be / will be integrated to WB ? Just a bit explain how you see integration to WB.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@saimo

Nice, didn't think of that.

Another one is to hold down left ctrl when double-clicking workbench devices or folders.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

And now with spanish catalogs (os4depot)

Keep the good work!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

You have done a very good job with Filer! Congratulations with the new release!

btw - I'm always struggeling when I try to set up user-buttons that acutally work.. would it be possible to get access to your user-button settings ? then I can take a look on how you have manage to set up all the different kind of buttons (and adjust them to fit my own needs).

best regards
Torgeir :)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@fuskoSCN

Here's a copy of my current user button config:

http://orgin.biz/~orgin/filer/filer.userbuttons

(a few things are censored)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Nice! I really like Filer. I was always a Dopu5 user during OS3.x times
and I was always sorry that Dopus5 didnt work with AOS4

Filer is a good start to compensate the loss

One minor request for the next release:
Is it possible to get also all "assigns" listed in the Root-View?

Thanks!
nexus

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nexus

Yes, by opening the root view.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top