Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Enhancer software 'About' window problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't know when this started happening because it used to work, but now when selecting the 'About' option in any of the Enhancer updated programs like MultiViewer etc the Workbench locks up.

I've stopped all the programs that I've installed from starting up but it still does it.
The only major software that I've installed lately is the new Hollywood update but I havent read about anybody else having this problem with Hollywood.

All other programs 'About' windows works its just the Enhancer stuff.
I have been wondering if its something to do with the new infowindow.class but I haven't got an earlier version to try it with.

Is there an official support forum for the Enhancer software ?.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Re: Enhancer software 'About' window problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eroom

This is a known bug, and it only affects OS4 system installations that do not have a background texture set in the GUI prefs ("Gadgets" section). The freeze is triggered by a bug in the Window Class, of which InfoWindow is a subclass. The bug has already been fixed in the current OS4 beta, but unfortunately the fixed class binary hasn't found its way into the OS4 FE Update 1 release. Before the fix is made public, the recommended workaround is to use an OS4 theme that provides a background texture.

Not an Enhancer bug, really.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks trixie, placed a texture in the backgrounds texture tab and all working again.

Thanks again.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eroom

You're welcome. The bug had given me a real hard time before I found out that it was actually a bug in the masterclass. (The Window Class has rarely been subclassed, which explains why the bug had gone unnoticed for some 20 years before the InfoWindow exposed it.)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trixie

It's remarkably easy to find old bugs when you attempt to do something nobody has ever bothered to try before (see also my fight with image menus)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
It's remarkably easy to find old bugs when you attempt to do something nobody has ever bothered to try before

Oh yes it is

I'm also wondering why the original ClassAct authors decided to make the Requester Class a class of its own, rather than a Window subsclass (which would be the most logical thing to do IMHO). If they had done that, the bug might have been spotted long ago.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post