Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 2 (3)

Re: emotion media player
Home away from home
From England
@imagodespira Quote:
You can hit "w" while playing to fit the window to video size. We played around while developing and from all choices it was the best to make it this way.

But that's not what the "w" key does! Well, it does sort of, but in a way that is completely useless for my needs:

1. I start Emotion Player, and it appears with some window size.

2. I load a video. Emotion Player rescales the video to fit in the current window size. This usually means there are black borders above/below (or left/right) of the video, since the window's aspect ratio wasn't an exact match for the video's.

3. I press the "w" key, and the window is resized SMALLER, so as to remove the black borders.

So I don't see how you can tell me the "w" key will do what I want, because it doesn't. (I think in an older version of the Emotion Player it did do what I want (enlarge the window to the video's native size), but that behaviour was unexpectedly changed/removed.) i.e. It is ESSENTIALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get Emotion Player to show a video in it's native size (no scaling).

I really don't understand WHY this feature would be removed, because *every other video player ever made* (on Amiga or PC) either does this by default, or at least offers the option to do it.

And to make it worse, this useful feature (resizing the window to show the video at maximum quality) was replaced by a trivial feature (*) that can be manually replicated anyway - using LAmiga+LAlt+two arrow keys. (* reducing the window size slightly, so you can see your Workbench backdrop (etc) instead of black borders)

P.S. I fully support developers having the final say about what their program does or does not do (not that there is really any other option!). If it becomes clear to me that my misgivings are properly understood, and you are still adamantly against adding support for this feature, then I will drop the subject... albeit with great sadness, since I had high hopes Emotion Player could replace the good-but-imperfect LiveForIt-MPlayer. (And it seems VERY close to doing so.)

Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 8:25:02
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 8:26:35
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 15:56:50
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 16:05:02
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 16:06:09
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/6/16 16:07:27
   Report Go to top

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]