Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

VooDoo, pvanni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Christmas card design for 2016 created using a range of software....
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
It's that time of year again, Christmas aproaches and I've created my Card design using a range of software on my X1000 and SAM.

Main design is done in SketchBlock on the X1k , with the final image being exported as EPS and then placed in to an A4 document in Wordworth 7 on my SAM (transfering the file using the new 68k NetFS) then that A4 is printerd to postscript and converted to a PDF using a script I wrote for ghostscript to create various sized "leaflets" (in this case 2 x a5). I printed of fthe first hard copy on my hp LaserJst Pro 200 this morning using my perl putto printet script.

The accompanying timelapse vide was captured using Frederik Wikstroms latest version of SRec and imported inot blender.

Sound track was composed in HDRec starting from a simple funky drum loop then adding acoustic bass recorded via the terratex phase 22 in my SAM (using a blend of DI via my line 6 Pod Pro and acoustic recording via my Rode NT4 condensor mic). I then layered rhytm guitar parts and lead on my Epiphone Rivieara Ant (335 style semi acoustic) recording the guitar acoustically as well as using a fender bassman based amp sim on the line 6. That gives it a more organic feel than you might get with pure DI recording.

I then bounced out the tracks as stems from HDRec inot Audio Evolution, redid the bass part as there were some slight timing issue with the first "composition take" aded an acoustic guitar rhythm layer, and mastred it taking advantage of the autmation that AE4 has for createing a good fade outs etc.

Exported as AIFF that was then transfered back to teh X1k for adding into the blender sequancer, where I made small adjustsmenst to to start and sto frames and rendered out to mpeg 2.

At this point I was forced to go linux as youtube upload doesn't work so well from Oddity on the X1k, so FTP the video file to my laptop with PFTP and upload with chrome.

Now editing this post in OWB (reaction) on my SAM, the font rendering is superior on sites where it works, so prefer to use it than Odysey when possible.

Final video:

https://youtu.be/991yj4XWIZo

and I just put all the XMas card videos I've done inot one playlist so you can see how SketchBlock etc has evolved over time....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... YFAhXwUGkugZCF9oXjb0mvwbO

Bit soon to say Merry Xmas just yet so enjoty the vide and happy 11th day of advent

Go to top
Re: Christmas card design for 2016 created using a range of software....
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:

Now editing this post in OWB (reaction) on my SAM, the font rendering is superior on sites where it works, so prefer to use it than Odysey when possible.

That true indeed. If i remember right, Fab says that rendering font engine done by Joerg is one of the things which done better than in odyssey with that crappy fontconfig. Maybe someday..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Nice & interesting

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

thanx for it :) and sound in background is great :D :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Cheers!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

awesome Andy! I hope to get some time over the Christmas break to finish up some pics of mine with SketchBlock as I truly enjoy and find it relaxing

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post