Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

AMIGASYSTEM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »
AmigaOS and web browsing in 2013
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
For most websites MUIOWB, Timberwolf, QtWeb and ReactionOWB does the job however websites that have streaming video it just can't seem to be done?

I have gone to the youtube html 5 beta site and none of the browsers rate as a html5 capable browser no matter how I spoof the browser.

In 2013 do we think it will be possible to have a browser in AmigaOS that is rated to playback in the browser window and not via some external app trickery content such as HTMLVideoElement, H.264, WebM VP8, Media Source Extensions, MSE & H.264 and MSE & WebM VP9?

I thought Timberwolf was HTML5 compliant except for Flash also MUIOWB am I wrong on this can someone clarify?

What are the barriers stopping this being achievable could a bounty help resolve this?

Cheers

Go to top
Re: AmigaOS and web browsing in 2013
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fairdinkem

we need some good programmer who port the WebKit last version browser to AmigaOs4.
I have it on my Powerbook and it is 100% compatible with all website plus is fully Html5 capable and have a video decoding inside.
About flash player there is most hard, apple G4/G5 have the old 10.1 version and some hacker make it working like (last version) but we on amigaos and related dont have any official Flash player from adobe or macromedia... this is the big problem

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Fairdinkem

Quote:
could a bounty help resolve this?

I faintly remember we had a pretty fat bounty for the Firefox port. Did it help?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Firefox or timberwolf are based on geko, it is more Heavy compared with WebKit (Owb is based on it) plus the Firefox and related (teenForFox, SeaMonkey ecc ecc) this browser need too much sys resources compared with the counterpart
WebKit.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

http://nightly.webkit.org/
http://powerpcaccess.blogspot.it/2013 ... wser-v2.html#.USXMMMl0XYE

This are all PPC macosx browsers
http://www.myapplespace.com/blog/view ... rs-for-your-mac-by-tanner

Now there is Icab too
http://www.icab.de/dl.php

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tlosm

All I'm trying to say is that a bounty does not guarantee anything. Money is nice but it cannot code Plus, Amiga bounties seem to have a history of always being hampered by "higher forces" - whatever conclusion you want to draw from that.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tsolm
Quote:

we need some good programmer who port the WebKit last version browser to AmigaOs4. I have it on my Powerbook and it is 100% compatible with all website plus is fully Html5 capable and have a video decoding inside.

If you mean Fab's Odyssey, then as i told many times everywhere: Fab not make it fully open sourced. He just give me code of some previous versions, but it was without HTML5 media-player code , as well as latest versions start to use another closed-sourced-morphos-only amiga shared libraries , which code also closed sourced.

So, yes, we need good programmer who will also write HTML5 player from scratch, as well as cary about video decoding parts/full-screens-etc, as well as carry on about all those closed source deps, as well as make multithreaded curl works and so on, so it will be kind of the same as on morhos and not limited as our buggy port.

Even better, it will be good to just make new browser based on latest webkit. I.e. make whole interface from scratch, write html5 player from scratch and so on. But no one will do that, of course :)

In other words, there is no sources of odyssey except of some old one on Fab's page, and a bit more decent (1.16) which he send me privately (which also without html5 media-player code and don't ask me why he didn't upload it on web as well, or why html5 media-player code can't be opened: i do not know, i tried back in past to get it in one or another way, but silence was answer in end of all).

Edited by ssolie on 2013/10/7 19:24:16
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Don't worry I'm sure that we all know current situation. All the respect what you have done already.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ultri007

I just mean that its not even enough now to find out good programmer for port. Its should be good programmer to do a lot of work from scratch, and maybe its even better to start new one from scratch, even today.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Timberwolf is a very good browser with html5 support but without Gallium3d not very fast. We have to wait for Gallium3d 3D and then will Timberwolf fly

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm Quote:
Firefox or timberwolf ... is more Heavy compared with WebKit

Not true. Latest versions of Firefox are in fact often less demanding than Chrome (also WebKit based).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

i just test all the browsers on my powerbook G4 and the best is Webkit
second place TeenFourFox Altivec powered
Tird place camino
Last are all the Firefox clones

For our hw resources i think after my tests the best is Webkit...
Chrome is heavy ... and new Opera is more heavy... yes they are from webkit but i think is really heavy hacked code.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Raise a bounty with about 5k euros, and i'll consider opening html media support. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

... ... ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm
So what? That's not a lot in the real world, and it definitely took me quite some work to implement it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

I know is not a lot in real world , but amigaos/mos/aros are not os for the real world

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
Quote:

Timberwolf is a very good browser with html5 support but without Gallium3d not very fast. We have to wait for Gallium3d 3D and then will Timberwolf fly

So if you ask me, its all unrealistic, and better collect 5k for fab. That for sure more realistic and more faster way to have html5 working in odyssey in os4.

Or, again, find out someone who will wrote html5 media player from scratch. If we still have anyone with free time and ability to do so (i doubt). For any real work from real coders, there should be some cash involved. With labor of love there only ports and all those simple apps can be done (with few exceptions, of course).

@tsolm

Quote:

I know is not a lot in real world , but amigaos/mos/aros are not os for the real world

But ppls who spend their time to code something are real ppls and live in real world. Its not enough to just "love" something, real deals need it. If we will not pay our programmers via donations or via real deals, no one will do anything good for us in end of all.

Edited by ssolie on 2013/10/7 19:50:35
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

Ofcourse it is for the real world!

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I made usually donations, here some programmers can say this, but bounty i dont like too much.

About timberwolf ... me and another guy with pegasos2 have the same problem it crash on our machines .. on Sam 460 work good ... need only to be better bug free..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tsolm
Quote:

About timberwolf ... me and another guy with pegasos2 have the same problem it crash on our machine

On my peg2 its just unusable. Slow on rendering and very crashy. Previous version was pretty fast in rendering, but crashy too (on running, on exit), but have visual glitches. I assume because bugs in hw realisation of cairo, so they just swith to sw one, which fix visual bugs, but make it all renders pretty slow.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

ummm probably some library that timberwolf use are optimized for 440/460 cpus ? because if i run some software optimized for the Sam boards i have the same kind of GrimReaper on the pegasos2

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »