Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 83

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Second Life client for OS4?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Now that it's open-sourced (see here), is anyone porting this to OS4?

Go to top
Re: Second Life client for OS4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

What is that?

Kind-of Sims-like?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

No, it's not a game. It's a system for people to communicate over the internet, but using a 3D virtual world instead of the old chat windows and such. Everyone has a 3D avatar which they can customize, etc. It seems to be heading for great success. You can read about it on wikipedia

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

Heh. They should have called it "first life". Why would you need to play it if you already had a life?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:

COBRA wrote:
@Raziel

No, it's not a game. It's a system for people to communicate over the internet, but using a 3D virtual world instead of the old chat windows and such. Everyone has a 3D avatar which they can customize, etc. It seems to be heading for great success. You can read about it on wikipedia

Actually, it's a lot more like a game than you think. It's definitely a lot more than a communication system. I've never tried it personally, but you can buy/sell virtual property, run a virtual business. There have even been cases of people being scammed in the virtual world. Oh, and people spend real-world money on this game too. Looking at the second life website, you can buy a virtual island for the bargain price of $1000-$2000 USD.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

I've tried it... i don't like it very much, but the idea is interesting and original imho.

At least we would have something which use our 3D cards (sigh i want a stable Quake 3).

Go to top

Register To Post