Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net



(1) 2 3 4 ... 17 »


Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just popping in
Joined:
2012/1/10 14:35
Posts: 64
Hello,

great news. The source-link is on the profile-page now. Thank to Jonathan and Greg from GPSoft, thanks to kas1 for his support and of course to everyone who has donated

http://www.power2people.org/projects/profile/64

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/11/26 16:47
Posts: 1429
Great!!! \o/

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/12/9 10:44
From Lyon, France
Posts: 1335
Is a binary available somewhere? So that we can test it. I didn't try it myself.

Thanks

_________________
Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just popping in
Joined:
2012/1/10 14:35
Posts: 64
there is the source. The binary is included f.e. in Amikit or in my Aros Vision

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
Are you planning on placing the sources in repository accessible to all? Will the code be developed in a single repository for all Amiga platforms or will some development team develop for a single platform?

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just popping in
Joined:
2012/1/10 14:35
Posts: 64
Yes kas1 is already doing that (creating a page on sourceforge and put the source in svn). It would be much better if it stayed a "community project" and not divided in different platforms.

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/9/11 11:31
From Russia
Posts: 5319
@all
There is:

http://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/
http://dopus5allamigas.sourceforge.net/

Code as usuall in the Trunk (unpacked and ready for use) and can be downloaded from amigas with no probs (at least on os4 i tested subversion from os4depot which i all the time use for sourceforge svns). On morphos if i remember right SVN tools also working, and for aros they for sure working too (in end of all linux-hosted).

I also uploaded original sources to the "Files" (just in case), and currently making text/simply www just to make it all looks fine.

@Xenic
Will you be in interest if i will add you to the project now ? I already send mail to "Itix" (morphos developer who was kind of in interest in it, so hope he will jump in as well), to Fab and to Deniil from onyxsoft

@all
And of course anyone else who want to help with port can be added without probs. Our first goals will be just make necessary Makefiles , rewrite asm parts (there is really a little of them, and we can just disable it for first), and just compile that all for gcc with necessary changes in code. Then bugfixing and so on

_________________
Join us to improve dopus5!
zerohero's mirror of os4/os3 crosscompiler suites
   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@kas1e
Quote:
Will you be in interest if i will add you to the project now ? I already send mail to "Itix" (morphos developer who was kind of in interest in it, so hope he will jump in as well), to Fab and to Deniil from onyxsoft

Yes, it will probably be good to have more than one programmer from each platform. My SourceForge username is paraxenic. I just finished fixing a number of crashes and bugs in Dopus4 and releasing the binary in the repository files section at SourceForge. I don't see much point in further work on Dopus4 if Dopus5 is available. It may be a few days before I can get a good look at the code to see if I can be of much help. Actually, everyone may be busy until after the holidays anyway.

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@OlafS3
Quote:
Yes kas1 is already doing that (creating a page on sourceforge and put the source in svn). It would be much better if it stayed a "community project" and not divided in different platforms.

Agreed. I've been working on some sources that got seperated and are now so different that it would be extremely difficult to unify them again. I noticed in the license at the sourcecode link you provided and because it seems to require that each file have a license included, you might want to disable the link once the sources are in a repository at SourceForge so that the unlicensed files don't get further distribution.

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/12/1 18:01
From Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1106
Quote:
xenic wrote:

I don't see much point in further work on Dopus4 if Dopus5 is available.
I beg to differ .

Some of us never saw the wonder of Magellan and continue to prefer the classic DOpus 4. I Consequently didn't support the bounty for DOpus 5, but would gladly contribute to an effort to keep fixing up DOpus 4.

Best regards,

Niels

P.S. I do own Magellan, bought it at one of the shows in Cologne in the late nineties, even got the box signed by Dr. Greg and Jon themselves . But I installed it, tried it a few times and found it more trouble than benefit. Never used it since.

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@nbache
Quote:
I beg to differ.

Let me clarify my statement. Since I owned, used and liked Dopus Magellan on my classic Amiga, I don't see any point in "me" continuing to work on Dopus4 at this time because I would prefer to contribute to the porting of a program I would rather use.

Quote:
P.S. I do own Magellan, bought it at one of the shows in Cologne in the late nineties, even got the box signed by Dr. Greg and Jon themselves . But I installed it, tried it a few times and found it more trouble than benefit. Never used it since.

I didn't like Magellan out-of-the-box eitther. Once I read the manual and discovered I could set it up as a file manager that looks and acts like Dopus4, I switched and discovered that it was a big improvement. You can set it up on it's own screen with 2 windows (listers) and button bar at the bottom. You can lock the windows in place side by side and the whole thing just looks like a more attractive version of Dopus4. I always used Magellan as a filemanager and not as a WB replacement like many others.

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/12/1 18:01
From Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1106
Quote:

xenic wrote:
@nbache
Quote:
I beg to differ.

Let me clarify my statement. Since I owned, used and liked Dopus Magellan on my classic Amiga, I don't see any point in "me" continuing to work on Dopus4 at this time because I would prefer to contribute to the porting of a program I would rather use.
Fair enough. To each his own. Hopefully someone else fells like taking over, then.

Quote:
You can set it up on it's own screen with 2 windows (listers) and button bar at the bottom. You can lock the windows in place side by side and the whole thing just looks like a more attractive version of Dopus4.
Yes, I know. I considered that, and actually started to fiddle with it with that intention. But I decided that it wasn't that much more attractive to justify the effort of setting it up just to do what my DOpus 4 already could.

Best regards,

Niels

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@nbache
Quote:
Fair enough. To each his own. Hopefully someone else fells like taking over, then.

I'm not the programmer who initially ported Dopus4 to OS4. I just stepped in to fix some crashes and bugs that remained when the previous programmer stopped working on it. He, or someone else, may decide to continue the project. I think the latest version is fairly stable and I'm using it.

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/9/11 11:31
From Russia
Posts: 5319
@Xenic
Quote:

Yes, it will probably be good to have more than one programmer from each platform. My SourceForge username is paraxenic.


Added, check plz if all works

Quote:

I just finished fixing a number of crashes and bugs in Dopus4 and releasing the binary in the repository files section at SourceForge


Cool ! I still use dopus4 for many things. Those 2 panel based managers still good. Will you in interest if i (or you?) will upload latest version of dopus4 to os4depot ? I just noticed how much you do on dopus4 in last few months, thats pretty cool should to say, installed new one already.

_________________
Join us to improve dopus5!
zerohero's mirror of os4/os3 crosscompiler suites
   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Guest_
Quote:
I didn't like Magellan out-of-the-box eitther. Once I read the manual and discovered I could set it up as a file manager that looks and acts like Dopus4, I switched and discovered that it was a big improvement. You can set it up on it's own screen with 2 windows (listers) and button bar at the bottom. You can lock the windows in place side by side and the whole thing just looks like a more attractive version of Dopus4. I always used Magellan as a filemanager and not as a WB replacement like many others.


I couldn`t agree more. Yes, it can replace OS 3.x but with WB improvements over time, it will more and more loose sense.

What I did loved with Magellan AS FILE MANAGER was ability to expand its features in ways Dopus4 couldn`t and ability to customize itself completely. A real Amiga killer app.

Anyway, what is the next step? A bounty for OS4 / MorphOS and AROS ports?

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@kas1e
Quote:
Added, check plz if all works.

Yes. I checked out the code this morning. I haven't been able to get the new protocol (RO) that's shown as the default on the repository code page to work with the OS4 SVN program. It's not this repository; it doesn't work for other SourceForge SVN repositories etiher. I've been using the old HTTPS protocol successfully, in case anyone else has a problem. It could be that I just need some new SVN configuration that I haven't figured out yet. I think the new protocol works for an anonymous checkout.

Quote:
Cool ! I still use dopus4 for many things. Those 2 panel based managers still good. Will you in interest if i (or you?) will upload latest version of dopus4 to os4depot ? I just noticed how much you do on dopus4 in last few months, thats pretty cool should to say, installed new one already.


Please wait for a couple of weeks before updating or announcing anything about Dopus4. The previous release had a serious flaw and it turned into a big pain in the a** because someone posted a news item and possibly uploaded it somewhere. Unfortunately, about a dozen people D/L it before I could get the news item removed and delete the released archive. Anyone who D/L the DirectoryOpus-4.18.39-OS4.lha archive should get the newer version or revert to an older version.



_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2008/1/6 17:56
From Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1316
@kas1e
You might want to set up a developer M/L to keep developer discussion of the Forums. The new SourForge WEB interface doesn't make it obvious if email lists can be set up for the repository. I know it was possible with the old SVN and CVS WEB interface.

_________________
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/9/11 11:31
From Russia
Posts: 5319
@xenic
I just add you to admins group, so feel free to restructure anything we all need.

Btw, i currently trying to build os3 version of dopus5 on my winuae setup, and so far already build dopus5.library, filetype.module and almost finish with main binary.

Quote:

Please wait for a couple of weeks before updating or announcing anything about Dopus4. The previous release had a serious flaw and it turned into a big pain in the a** because someone posted a news item and possibly uploaded it somewhere. Unfortunately, about a dozen people D/L it before I could get the news item removed and delete the released archive. Anyone who D/L the DirectoryOpus-4.18.39-OS4.lha archive should get the newer version or revert to an older version.


Sure no probs.

Btw, how can i un-iconify back from "button iconify" mode ? With plain iconify its enough to press RMB on top bar, but seems from button-iconify mode it didn't works.


Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/19 16:32:24
_________________
Join us to improve dopus5!
zerohero's mirror of os4/os3 crosscompiler suites
   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/12/1 18:01
From Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1106
Quote:
vox wrote:
Quote:
You can lock the windows in place side by side and the whole thing just looks like a more attractive version of Dopus4. I always used Magellan as a filemanager and not as a WB replacement like many others.
I couldn`t agree more. Yes, it can replace OS 3.x but with WB improvements over time, it will more and more loose sense.

What I did loved with Magellan AS FILE MANAGER was ability to expand its features in ways Dopus4 couldn`t and ability to customize itself completely. A real Amiga killer app.
Okay, vox and xenic, I have to admit I'm getting mildly interested in giving it another try, once the OS4 port gets ready.

Would it be an idea if one or both of you contributed settings files (possibly cut down examples) to make it easy for people to try out a working file manager style configuration without WB replacement?

Best regards,

Niels

   Report Go to top

Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/12/1 18:01
From Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1106
Quote:

xenic wrote:

I'm not the programmer who initially ported Dopus4 to OS4.
I know, there have been a number of others, last version I got was by zerohero, I believe.

Quote:
I just stepped in to fix some crashes and bugs that remained when the previous programmer stopped working on it. He, or someone else, may decide to continue the project. I think the latest version is fairly stable and I'm using it.
Sounds good, I should probably give that a go.

Best regards,

Niels

   Report Go to top


(1) 2 3 4 ... 17 »



[Advanced Search]


Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2016 The XOOPS Project