Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
171 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 170

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: downloading images in mui owb
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ah-ah i didn't tested IBrowse yet so i don't know if this problem happen also on my system (well to be honest i trashed IBrowse years ago!) but i will verify the thread you linked, thanks

Aniway Thore already know this bug (but not the cause i think), i mailed him weeks ago about this specific bug cause it's the most annoying IMHO, i still have huge problems with this because at some point the entire GUI fonts become unreadable ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

I have sucessfully saved 14 differents files attached on differents emails, with my gmail account.

MUI list scrollbars to never apparently help to have MUI-OWB more stable.

I will keep MUI list scrolbar to NEVER and will continue to survey this problem now.

I could invite eroom to do the same test on his side.

About the small font you talk:

I have allways seen this problem, even with Ibrowse with the french translation with the Ibrowse settings open.

If you decrease the resolution with Ibrowse opened and the settings window also opened, the size the font of the Ibrowse settings window will become more small.

This is for me a security to allways show all even if the resolution is too small.

Thats sound logical for fonts on Amiga MUI windows but not with MUI-OWB showing internet pages.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Need to reproduce it normally, so it can be fixed.

I trying to follow the steps which provide Raziel in the comments for that bug-report, but can't reproduce it. Maybe you can ? There is steps:

Quote:

Just type "migans.net" in the URL field (or whatever else WRONG spelled and NOT accessable webpage) and that cursed Error Requestor will pop up dragging the small font all over the place untill one closes and restarts OWB.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes and i can understand as any other bug to fix (for example the bugs we discovered in detail today) but this problem must to be found among the modification introduced since MUI 3.9 (May 2011) that you have (when no bug was reported), and the official and latest MUI 3.9 (August 2011) when instead we have all that bugs

Yep it may sound too generic but atleast it's a first start

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mroadfr

Mmmm i think to have understand what you are trying to say, it happen here aswell when i did some translations (on MUI programs) in which some strings will look longer than the space allowed into the locale code of a software

In this case the entire strings on the GUI will get smaller text (around 7 or 8 pixels) --> Similar effect of course!

But this case is different, all catalogs files are ok infact this problem happen after a while, if it was a catalog issue you will see this problem always and only with certain catalog, not after a while during navigation, also to solve this type of catalog issue you just need to erase the broken catalog or just fix it, this case looks different as it loook a real bug, i almost sure about it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

Testing the small fonts with MUI programs is verry easy.

For example, MUI-OWB on his own screen (1024x768).

-load general MUI settings.
-click on screen.
-double click on the MUI-OWB line for editing the screen.
-on size, change 1024x768 by 320x240 (or little more).
-choose use or test.

MUI-OWB is now verry small (320x240) on the left side of the screenmode (1024x768).

Type an internet adress and/or just use the MUI window menu and the result is small fonts on the mui window. you try to quit MUI-OWB and small font on the requester, etc....

This is for all to see what a MUI program look like with too small fonts...

This is for me normal for MUI programs but his arrive sometime with too long line, when surfing with MUI-OWB. As fab said and IMHO, the line should be truncated for resolving the problem.

@samo79

This problem arrive for me only one time with MUI-OWB (in the beginning).

just before, a long line on a MUI bubble help or another place (I don't remember well, maybe on a MUI-OWB requester).

Just to said that on a smaller MUI-OWB resolution, the problem will came more quickly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I trying to follow the steps which provide Raziel in the comments for that bug-report, but can't reproduce it. Maybe you can ? There is steps:

Yeah i can reproduce it! ...
But still a little different, after typing this wrong address the first popup comes with small font (as Raziel say) and also the prefs window of OWB become small and unreadable, but the URL area still ok in this case, the font remain normally visible conversely to my case when all the GUI (except the title of the window) become unreadable

Also "my bug" happen to me even if i always type a correct URL, but of course Raziel found an excellent method to reproduce it instantanely (good!) but this is not the unique reason i think, it may be somethings more to found ..

Of course our testing can surely start by this, good news

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79 & mrodfr

Strange that i can't reproduce on the mui from update3 that small fonts behavior (not by raziel's way, not by mrodfr's way)

@samo79

Did you have in fontconfig file (owb/conf/font/fons.conf) at the top of file fonts:_TrueType together with fonts:_ttf ? Or only fonts:_TrueType , or only fonts:_ttf ?

I have for now only fonts:_ttf , and looks like i can't reproduce that small fonts behaviors. Can you please for sake of bug-hunting, keep only fonts:_ttf in fontconfig file, delete old cache file, rerun owb (it will rebuild font-cache), and then try to reproduce it again.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
kas1e wrote:
@eroom
Quote:

go to mui prefs, lists, and set for scrollbards "NEVER" (but not "automatical" as it by default). Save, reboot, run muiowb, and try to do all what you do again and again. IF there will be no crashes, then its the same bug (good for us), if crash will be still here, then its different bug.

Ok, ill try that as soon as ive registered MUI as the option is greyed out at the moment and im guessing its because its un-registered.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eroom
Quote:

Ok, ill try that as soon as ive registered MUI as the option is greyed out at the moment and im guessing its because its un-registered.

Dunno if mui registration still works ? Anyway, i hope it will be fixed for update4, so in the worse scenario you will need to wait update4

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Strange that i can't reproduce on the mui from update3 that small fonts behavior (not by raziel's way, not by mrodfr's way)

But are you sure you are using the official MUI released on the Update 3 ?
Maybe just maybe you are using some interim (or a new) release ?

Plz check version number, the public one is: MUI 20.138 (22-Aug-2011)

Quote:
Did you have in fontconfig file (owb/conf/font/fons.conf) at the top of file fonts:_TrueType together with fonts:_ttf ? Or only fonts:_TrueType , or only fonts:_ttf ?

Mmm I checked on the path you say "owb/conf/font/" but i don't find any fonts.conf file (the folder is empty, well not totally empty, i have a strange cache file instead), did you installed that "fonts.conf" using the Download_Fonts utility ?

I did not, i'm using the standard MUI OWB installation and i never installed extra fonts (even when i tested the internal beta of MUI OWB months ago)

Again using my old MUI version (that you also have) this bug does not happen, but it happen with MUI 20.138

@Mroadfr

Ok i will check your method

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

But are you sure you are using the official MUI released on the Update 3 ? Maybe just maybe you are using some interim (or a new) release ?

I rechecked, and its update3's one verison.

Quote:

Mmm I checked on the path you say "owb/conf/font/" but i don't find any fonts.conf file (the folder is empty, well not totally empty, i have a strange cache file instead), did you installed that "fonts.conf" using the Download_Fonts utility ?

I did not, i'm using the standard MUI OWB installation and i never installed extra fonts (even when i tested the internal beta of MUI OWB months ago)

font.conf its config file of fontconfig, which are used for fonts (and for fonts generation at first running). You should have it, it come with muiowb distrib by default (and if you have stange cache file, then you again should have font.conf, because cache file generates bases on the font.conf file).

I checked now , and yes, muiowb.lha on os4depot.net have that file here: muiowb/Conf/font/fonts.conf

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@samo79 & mrodfr

I think users continue to use old .font files on their MUI settings (It's my case) and kas1e should use only new TTF fonts.

FONTS on MUI-OWB:

someone could give me the fonts used on the MUI-OWB fonts setting page ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
Quote:

I think users continue to use old .font files on their MUI settings (It's my case) and kas1e should use only new TTF fonts.

FONTS on MUI-OWB:

someone could give me the fonts used on the MUI-OWB fonts setting page ?

That font.config about which we talk, its configure file of fontconfig library, which are ported specially for muiwob. I.e. its not mean any .font files in the fonts: of system.

MUI-OWB can use any trytype fonts which directory are in the font.config file of MUIOWB. I.e. if you write in that conf file fonts:_TrueType, then it will use default amigaos4's fonts. If you write here fonts:_ttf, then it will use that fonts:_ttf directory for cache generation (and later usage).

The "Download_Fonts" script, just download classic "webcore" fonts, and put them to fonts:_ttf, from which muiowb will use them only if that fonts:_ttf directory are in the muiowb/conf/font/font.config file.

I.e. there shouldn't be any new .font files in their mui settings imho and i change nothing in the mui in terms of fonts, so dunno ..

But on what i should to point out, is that all that "fonts" problems are the one of the problems which we need to fix in muiowb. I.e. i can't for example type in russian, or in polsky. Need to spend some time on understanding of all of this.

Maybe we even can reuse the font-rendering engine done by Joerg for RA-OWB, so there will be no more font-config boredoms, and all will works fine all the time. But as fab say, joerg's implementation of font-rendering stuff have some bugs as well.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Aniway we are talking about 2 different things, here we have a bug somewhere that are not related in any way with the font config as the smaller fonts will happen on the MUI interface not on the HTML web page

I will check my font.conf of course

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Gm, right. Its indeed can't be fontconfig related then..

But i have new idea: What if it all related to Localization ?

Samo79 - did you use Italian mui ?
MrodFr - did you use French mui ?

I.e. can anyone reproduce the same on the english locales, or its all only about non-english locales ? Pretty possible that some transalition string are missed, and because of it all is messed in mui strings.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@samo79
MrodFr - did you use French mui ?

Yes. Updated version (I'm the translator).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr

Can you please try to use (default, english one) version of mui, without french locales, and trying to reproduce that "small fonts bug" ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As Mroadfr i'm the translator aswell but problem will not be solved here even deleting all catalog folders

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
Plz check version number, the public one is: MUI 20.138 (22-Aug-2011)

Is your version number a typing mistake? My MUI prefs program is: MUI 20.318 (08/22/2011) . Mine is the public one too.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »