Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Beta & Preview: 32-bit Masonicons for Envoy
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
I have prepared a 32-bit icon set for Envoy. Please let me know what you think and what is missing.

Download / Preview

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .

Go to top
Re: Beta & Preview: 32-bit Masonicons for Envoy
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mason
Awesome!

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mason

Beautiful work, as always.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mason
Brilliant! There isn't really anything to complain about with these icons:)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mason

Excellent high quality work as always!

That task bar gets the thumbs up as well - is that really AmiDock??

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mason

As I stated in an earlier post I prefer the older style icons at this stage BUT I have to admit the freshness of your new icons is starting to work on me!

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate your work as I know many others love this style.

I asked klesterjr if he could consider making some HD icons with shared motifs or singular motifs for the various OS' ie Windows, Linux and Mac (and shared with boingball or something). I store data and share some HDs between these systems and having matching icons would be great in either style. It also would indicate the ability of AOS4 to interact with these mainline systems (to some ectent)

Cheers
Ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mason

Great work!!! Love these new look icons.

Any chance you could release a scaled 256 colour set for 3.9

I've spent the last few evening doing screengrabs of OS4 new style Icons. Loading into PPaint and saving as IFF Brushes. Then copying over to my 3.9 partition.

I've almost just about finished converting the OS4 sys: icons to 256 colour.

I'm surprised how good they look in 8bit.

I'll post up a grab of my 3.9 partition when its done.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I must say, they are starting to grow on me, slowly, but I still think they're quite blurry to look at; makes my eyes hurt trying to focus on them.

Still can't say I'm a fan of some of the the dull colours and overuse of gradients, or the 'bright' glares but they're definetly getting better.

I don't mean to critisise but I think I'll still stick to my 32 colour glowicons for now

Well done though Martin, you are a great asset to the Amiga!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slash

I wasn't a fan also at first sight (as I wasn't when I first saw OS 3.5 GlowIcons), but I have come to the point where I appreciate them now and I must admit that they give the OS a fresh 'more up to date' look (i.e. thoses (standard) GlowIcons would have an outdated look for anyone outside the Amiga community).
I still have problem with some icons like the new Notepad, and filetype icons for example are a bit too bright to my eyes and does not really distinguish from the background (especially the default white windows' brackground). Maybe a frame around them or a darker border may help the most blurry ones (drawers for example) ?

*But* in the end I really like the new look globally and I'm eagerly waiting for you (Mason) to release some more (especially devs tools, and also some colored drawers (I like to classify my drawers which don't have a specific drawing by a different color).

PS: can you do more differentiated drawers icons between the 'docs' one and the 'sources/log/script' one ? They are hardly recognizable atm (only the holes at the sides are different but they are hardly noticeable).

PPS: to prevent me from ending on a negative note, I'll say again that I love your work Mason

EDIT mostly typo

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post