Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AONE, cell phone and internet
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Do anyone tested, if it is possible to get internet connection via cell phone. Primary with serial adaptor and so on .. ?

Go to top
Re: AONE, cell phone and internet
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mlehto

I don't see a reason to why it shouldn't work. The computer should see the cellphone as normal modem.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@fryguy

because the drivers? except if you try to use it with a serial cable. but modern cell phone has an usb cable to connect it to the pc and we don't have a driver atm to use the phones

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Well he said serial adapter...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mlehto

On the PC, it works well... But slow and not really cheap...

On the AOne...
Drivers are missing for USB Connection as mentioned.
Is there a mobile out-there with a Serial Connection or do you need to make your own cable ?

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiGame

Hi Jerry. Did you manage to sort out your TFT monitor ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

Hi Paul. Nope, not yet. I might try to take it apart this weekend...

... Else I will likely buy a new TFT sometimes next week, and I'm currently looking at this one...

Jerry

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiGame

Resized Image

Nice monitor

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Outcast

OY! Do you mind not hijacking threads? :)

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiGame

Hi

Phone came with usb-cable, but i try to get serial one, in case it is possible.

I think,that connector is all the same than earlier models.

I have all budled in the bill, calls 3000 minutes/month, sms 3000/month and surfing as much I can. All 60e/month. Never tried to call 3000 minutes? i tried very hard, after 2700 minutes I was allmost ready to mental treatment ... , add there incoming phone calls from clients...

surfing experience ... It is, what you can wait with nokia sw and incomplete 3g in here Finland. Buggy, freezing phone, browser exits without notice and so on. Phone has wifi ability, so it is sufficient way to surf. Using via laptop only harm is pc-suite sw, otherwise ok.

Phone is nokia e70 (and provided for me by my boss), if you are intrested.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mlehto

I have something like 400 Mins and 100 SMS (+ a few MMS, ?5 download a month, etc)... And never used the whole of my allowances...
You want to use your 3000 Mins a month ? lend your phone to your wife/Girlfriend... My wife is terrible with phones !

I have a LG U890 which I'm really happy with (in UK the 3G coverage is quite good where I live), but as I like gadgets, I was considering the Nokia N93... At 180g, it's a bit too heavy for me... The N93i is lighter, but the Nokia N99 should come out soon... We will see...

Jerry

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiGame

Womens ...

For reason or other I hang on phone 30-40 hrs/mont. Altough my job is on-site computer support (win and linux)and real work with computers, not phone, I tend to use phone guite lot. i have to call allso, clients want to talk with me (such a nice guy...?) and since I'm oldest and most experienced in our company, working mates has too much to talk with me...

I tested, can I reach limit, but it was impossible. After I felt, that I don't never will use phone anymore...

At least you should make two things, before you buy nokia. first ask your operator update sw before use. Then try it extensively.

If your primary target is phone calls and messaging, nokia is good. calendar is allso pretty fine.

if you need surfing "on the road", you may need to test, if it suits to your needs.

Nokia has before quite user-oriented friendly UI, today I have difficulties to find settings-like things...

I use phone for surfing quite lot at work in situations, where client network is down and I need some info from internet.

Dunno know, how well win ce based phones work, but somehow I feel, that s60 is far from perfect anyway. Alltough it can be buggy phone allso.

iPhone can change things and definetly OS4 based phone should definetly change whole world to different _AND_ better place to live.

There is allways room for amiga-is-good ranting...

have nice day

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mlehto

tx
In fact the N99 is too big and ugly for my taste... Though the rest of the N Series do not look bad.

I used to have Nokias Phone, but the latest ones I had used to fell apart after exactly one year ! So after I got annoyed with Vodaphone and Phone4U, I decided to go with Three especially as they had some LG Phones which looked really nice...

Some of the SmartPhone (like some of the Nokia N Series) are now supported by Three, it's why I was considering going back to a Nokia as the latest LG Phones do not impress me much anymore...

Do anyone have any experience with Nokia N Series ?
What are they like ? What about their reliability ?

Jerry

Go to top

Register To Post