Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ethernet device for Realtek 81x9 chips
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello folks,

After a long time I decided to publish the current alpha version of my OS4 native SANA2 ethernet device for Realtek 81x9 chips, which will show up shortly on Aminet/os4depot. Of course you should read the included Readme, but i'll repeat the most important points here, just to be sure.. besides that, this thread my serve as a first-support-thread if you have problems with the device or questions or whatever.

1) It's ALPHA! That means there will probably show up some problems. You've been warned.

2) It supports 8139 (100Mbit) and 8169 (1000Mbit) Realtek chips. For a bit more details, see the readme.

3) If you encounter any problems, please check your serial line or memory buffer (DumpDebugBuffer)! If i can't verify the problem ad hoc, please be prepared to test a special debug version with lots of debug output (which i'll then send to you).

Thanks for reading, testing, reporting! Have fun and a happy new year 2007

Edit: Removed one paragraph as i decided to open a thread on aw.net too.. no offense, but theres simply more traffic than here (yet) and i *need* more user input..

Edited by Cyborg on 2007/1/2 11:31:42
AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Re: Ethernet device for Realtek 81x9 chips
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Cyborg

Ahem you are missing one driver to make it complete 8129 !!

and do you support all four version of 8139 ?

Anyway superb work always nice to se new driver for os4

RWO

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rwo

Well, it's an alpha version and so it hasn't to support everything from the start... additionally i wrote it for the cards i had around in first place ;)

8129 support shouldn't be a big problem... but i didn't find any docs for it on the realtek server, though AFAIK it only differs from 8139 in the PHY being external via MII.. have to check that when i find the time *sigh* .. do you have a 8129 card? I don't so i'd need someone to actually test it..

Regarding the supported versions: RTFM I stated in the readme that all 8139 chips should be supported. i couldn't test all though.. that's why i released this alpha version.

Edited by Cyborg on 2007/1/1 16:40:20
AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top

Register To Post