Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 102

kas1e, flash, salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Special Screenblankers for Special Occasions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Would it be possible to have OS4 use one screenblanker by default, but another one when a certain program is running?

It would be cool to be able to have your favorite blanker used most of the time, but then have the SubSpace blanker used when TuneNet is active.

Any ideas how this could be accomplished?

Go to top
Re: Special Screenblankers for Special Occasions
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've thought this through too.

The messy way:

Have different Screen Blanker prefs saved for each scenario & have a script that runs either as set times or when you run/quit a program that replaces the Screen Blanker prefs with the one you need. Nasty & messy.

Or better, an update to the Screen Blanker Prefs program that 'listens' for programs or has 'time zones' that use a chosen saver at certain times. This would require a nice universal way of programs talking together. Maybe a combination of AREXX & application.library (Like de-activating the blanker when a movie is playing).

FuZion.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
now thats complicating the old screen savers a little

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

poweramiga wrote:
now thats complicating the old screen savers a little

A further complication, ...I mean "enhancement," would be to allow the user to predefine certain screenblankers to be used when certain applications are ACTIVE (not just open). For instance, if IBrowse is open, but I am currently using PageStream, it would be cool if I could define a special blanker for PageStream. But then, if I start using IBrowse (with PageStream still open on its own screen), there could be a different screenblanker that would begin (maybe even one with an IBrowse logo).

But going back to the original idea...it would be cool if the SubSpace screen blanker could be set to be used only when TuneNet is playing music (but not necessarily actively selected).

Go to top

Register To Post